What protective measures do you use?

greech

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What protective measures do you use?

I tried to fit a condom over my computer, but i just cant seem to keep Viruses out :(

And whats all this about Deleting accounts to save yourself?

There is nothing the MPAA scum bags can do to you for having a fourm account...

Meh, none of those measures could be considered proper treatments to secure yourself.

The solution - dont share. Just leech it all from a premium news host. The better usenet provides also ssl encrypt the session.

• 2 weeks later...
Haha!

I live in Wales and we do have electricity (pedals bicycle dynamo faster) and broadband is achieved by lining up sheep so that they bleat in sequence. ;) You should hear 'em go when doing 2Mbps! :D

Mbps= Million 'Baaaa' Per Second?

Haha!

I live in Wales and we do have electricity (pedals bicycle dynamo faster) and broadband is achieved by lining up sheep so that they bleat in sequence. ;) You should hear 'em go when doing 2Mbps! :D

Mbps= Million 'Baaaa' Per Second?

Hahaa... :cyclops:

Torrent technology is legal. Not all torrents are for illegal media. If the creators would start to utilize this new technology and develop a newer method of advertising such as embedded ads then the illegal video downloads would become legal through paid advertising.

Oh yeah, topic-wise: I use azureus with safepeer and a firewall plus Norton's worm protection.

Azureus 2.4.0.2 uses highly efficient decentralized tracking and a RC4 encrypted tunnel – There are services that obfuscate your IP putting you behind a big NAT router (basically) logs are deliberately not maintained. With this approach by the time MPAA, ISP or the NSA figure out what your I/O traffic is the copyright will have long expired.

IP blocklists are reactive - Private IP from a service or product like 'Anonymizer' is the only true way obscure your traffic and hide your ISP assigned IP.

The only other way I can think of is an Open Wi-Fi hotspot thus using someone else’s IP - sometimes you can find one with UnPnP enabled.

Ip hi-jacking with wi-fi is a good one, and is one i would surely claim was happening to me should i get an email from these bloodsuckers.

as i said in another post if my pc was 'scanned' by these ppl then i would claim any material they found on my pc had been placed there by the infiltrator. this has been done before and the case was dropped ;)

A good Wireless router is a worthwhile investment for any torrent user make sure it is secure tho lol

• 2 weeks later...
Guest c4evap

I use the sponge.

Seriously though...I don't sweat it. I don't have much in this world. Let them try to get the little I have. No big loss...but I would burn down my house before I'd let them take it from me. Natch.

c4 B)

I use utorrent with protocol encryption (PE) this means they have no idea what it is that is being transcieved by my pc, i hear peer guardian not only slows ya pc but also reduces the number of DHT nodes. PE is enough by itself i also use Hamachi (a VPN) to send files to my friends,chat and play games it also has PE. if you use hamachi message me.

Guest c4evap

There must be millions and millions of downloaders out there. Should we really worry all that much?

c4 :thinking: