ENT: Enterprise - 4x15 - Affliction

NiteShdw

* Only read/post in this thread if you have already watched the episode *

I rather liked the explaination that they tried to incorporate human Augment DNA into the Klingons. It fits well with the storylines from this season, and it fits with why the Klingons looked different in Kirk's era.

Did anyone else catch that the father in Fresh Prince of Bel-Air is the Klingon in charge of the project (not the doctor, the other one)?

The introduction of Section 31 was interesting, but I didn't like that Reed said "I didn't know I still worked for you", that line really messed up the reasoning behind his lying.

I'm curious to see how this all ends up. A pretty episode.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again a great episode with many little storylines, that hopefully will be concluded in the next two weeks... I really got the fealing that the ship is breaking apart, because: no doctor, reed in the brig, trip on columbia...

That is the biggest change ever seen in a star trek series.

(Did you notice the strange bridge of columbia? Even the science-officer and helms-woman look the same *llooool* )

The start of Columbia was unspectacular, I would have made a bigger ceremony, because we waited 1 and a half your for that start ;-).

The music was reeeeally great.

I get the impression, that enterprise is the most epic star trek series, every episode fits well in the whole series, everything reappears or is mentioned again.

What I really dislike is, that Reed is in the Brig and Archer has no trust in him anymore; that's un-repareble. Keating made a great perfomance (I'm a Reed-fan) nevertheless I hate Section 31.

All in all an above-average start episode of a 3-part arc ;-)

Good episode...

One query for nite, did you encode it differently? seems to dark in a lot of places...

I actually tried to lighten it up more than usual, but I didn't want to overdo it. The DivX decoder has some brightness options, as do most players. The best decoded I've found is ffdshow, it has some fantastic post-processing filters to adjust the levels and a bunch of other things.

Good episode...

One query for nite, did you encode it differently? seems to dark in a lot of places...

I actually tried to lighten it up more than usual, but I didn't want to overdo it. The DivX decoder has some brightness options, as do most players. The best decoded I've found is ffdshow, it has some fantastic post-processing filters to adjust the levels and a bunch of other things.

I can second that. I'm using it for quite a while now and it has got many options for Audio Output as well. Personelly I don't think it's too dark - I like the depressive moo which is quite unusual for Star Trek.

The Episode itself was great (again), even the harsh German fandome seems to like it. It's interesting to see the crew falling apart. Also they created a very good Cliffhanger with a bunch of loose ends, not only one single "Oh no"-Situation.

I'm really looking forward to the next episode :)

hey none of you mentioned the special 'link' between trip and t'pol !!!

I just find it cute to see the hot, inapproachable, all-knowing vulcan sensing the loss of another being!!

Yeah... I'm not sure what to make of that, especially with Hoshi now involved! Were they really connected mentally? I wonder who this will play out over the season. Maybe this is a way to keep Trip in the show even while on the other starship?

I think Hoshi came in the picture because of the mind meld. It is interesting that the writers are explaining their 'day dream' through hoshi saying that it is 'romantic'. At first I thought Hoshi herself was having some kind of romantic feeling but then I quickly realized she was just sensing romance.

I agree Trip will be around for quite a while in the show, if not in person, at least in day dreams with t'pol.

I dont think Section 31 fits very well with the star Trek philosophy but then again anything goes. I guess it doesnt show up much in TOS, TNG or voyager. It is more of a Star Fleet vs. aliens only world.

A good episode!

First time I post something here. I don't usually post on torrents site but more and more I see this site as being a Trek Community with torrents instead of a Torrent site with a Trek community ;). Anyway.. enough about that.

Just posted to comment on the latest episode.

It's nice to see how indeed, as everyone mention, the start tighting up a lot of loose ends during this episode. It's almost as if the guys behind the show we're aware that they show's cancelation would be announced by the time we get to see this episode. With Trip transfering to the Columbia and the mention that Phlox was offered a position somewhere else as well.

I also find out particularely interesting the mention of section 31. Trek has always been good at mentionning stuff that are controversial within their episode by disguising it as a Sci-Fi plot. Although the idea of a "secret" society is not something new to television (X-Files), it is a subject that is still present when we think of Farenheit 9-11 (and all those rumors about 9-11 actually being organised).

That being said, I'm glad that they are doing "longer" episode (2-3 story arch). Not a lot of TV shows are doing that but I think it's a good way to tell more of a stories and give more time to get in touch with the characters involve in this stories as well. (I imagine it's also cost less on the budget side, I wonder why they don't keep doing that).

I must admit thou that Reed link with section 31 seems a bit odd to me, I wonder if it will be mention how and why he joined section 31. The link with section 31 and the Klingon virus is also something that I'm looking forward to hear more about because I have absolutely no clue as to how the two could be related.

Looking forward to see part 2.

Finally, we know what the hell happend to the klingons :)

Didn't really feel that introducing Section 31 was the best of ideas... I mean i didn't mind, but my gf that i just recently converted to a trekie never watched DS9 at all, so didn't really grasp the whole section 31 thing. But ah well, just hope they don't try and do too much in the little time remaining, and hurt what has been a pretty good story line.

They were first brought up in DS9... I don't think there is anything in the episode directly saying that its section 31, but if you've seen the episodes of DS9 with section 31 in it, its pretty obvious its either section 31 or the startings of it.

I'd quote the actual episodes so you could catch up, but i was never a huge fan of DS9, more of a passing interest.

They were first brought up in DS9... I don't think there is anything in the episode directly saying that its section 31, but if you've seen the episodes of DS9 with section 31 in it, its pretty obvious its either section 31 or the startings of it.

I'd quote the actual episodes so you could catch up, but i was never a huge fan of DS9, more of a passing interest.

Ah ok.. thanks..

Wasn't section 31 in the episode of DS9 where dr. bashir couldn't get some files from starfleet?

Do you think section 31 intruduced the modified cold virus to the Kligon Aguments like they did in DS9. If I knew the kligons were messing with Augment DNA, I would sabotaje them too. B)

To me StarFleet Comand has always been too naive for the real world.

I think section 31 became strong after the first attack on Earth by the Zendi. Without section 31 Starfleet would have fallen long time ago, the infection of Founders by section 31 in DS9 really helped Starfleet right ?

What is section 31 well they are a secret and unsanctioned entity within Starfleet Intelligence.

Starfleet = CIA

Section 31 = mossad (Israeli Intelligence Agencies)

;)