Thank you Niteshdw. Thank you.

Nightmare

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is an public warning to 3.14159. Stop your nonsense, edit your posts, and apologize or you will be banned within 24 hours.

and a friendly request for everyone else, lets not fan the fire.

Well, the first several posts were not edited yet in any way. Now, he posted that odd long one. It's been over 24 hours now....

Seeing that he joined Feb 28th, he is obviously just trolling.

Just saying thanks for everything the site offered in the past and to all you people who are complaining about the torrent site, if you cant be bothered to find the torrents on other sites then maby you shouldn't be downloading in the first place.

Well I just joined the Site a few days before the torrent-drama, and I was lucky I had DS9 and Voyager downloaded before the trackers were gone. I didn't manage to get TNG as well, but I was planning on buying the Boxes anyway. I'm very grateful and I won't complain about the fact that there will be no more torrents on this site. I still like the board's software and appearance, and the thing it's all about of course - star-treking !

But I have to say I'm quite disappointed right now. I dislike guys insulting others and being so ungrateful to the man who made it all possible as much as the next user, but I'm also shocked about how harsh some people - even staff - react to this. I am a Super-Moderator on a very big european p2p-community myself, and I would have just get that user banned for good. But instead, you're making a big scene of it, throw around ugly words and take things out pretty personal. Being a total newbie here myself, I have to tell you that doesn't make a good impression either. I was going to participate in the forums from now on, even more since the torrents are gone and everything, but now I'm not so sure any more.

Anyways, thank you Niteshadow for everything you did, the trackers I got because of your decent work were fast and the vids of superbe quality considering the filesize (that goes for snakeeyes too of course !). I sure know how frustrating it can be to actually do something for filesharing, especially when people take everything for granted and stab you in the back as soon as they can't get stuff any longer - whatever the reason. Your site will change of course, now that many leechers will get their kicks elsewhere, but somehow I doubt that really is a bad thing after all - believe me, I can relate ;)

Nice greetings from Germany,

Raffa

I don't have much forum posts, never uploaded a file, and that is what i regret the most about the torrents being down. Now i won't have that chance. Although we never debated anything on the forum or elsewhere, i always reffer to you as "my-internet-friend-i think he's from canada-who-helps-me-find-great-SF-stuff". So, thank you, my friend.

Quote: edited.

I'm suprised this user is still able to post here.

~Just don't reply and just don't quote the idiot's posts, then you can ignore him and make the mods job of cleaning up a lot easier thanks -- Fenris.

Clients with DHT enabled will always use DHT as a backup. The unfortunate problem is that Azureus uses a different DHT than uTorrent and BitComet. With DHT, the DHT network acts as the tracker, which is actually better than having a central tracker.

I see... Unfortunatley bit pump, the only program that is available to me does not yet have the dht protocol support.

Also, I do not completely understand the technical issues or the technical explanations of how dht is supposed to work.

For example I do not understand how a new computer yet unfamilliar with the swarm will find the first computer that has a dht table.

What I mean is that let's say I am a new guy; I wan to connect and to download a file, let's say Star Trek Voyager Season 2. So how would my computer find out the IP adress of at least one compluter that has the dht. If there is no central trecker, the torrent file would somehow have to contain the list of the IP adresses of at least some computers that have the table. After your computer finds those machines everithing works fine...

What if the IP adresses of those machines suddenly changes... How would a new guy find the changed ones?

Some explanation could be in order? B)

Thanks Nite, sory I waited so long to thank you, if it wasnt for your site i never would have goten to enjoy DS9 and other episodes as much as i did, but more important is that i never would have been exposed to this comunity, where i have the chance to speak with people who have the same love for Sci-Fi as my self. THANKS EVERYONE.....this site is still my favorite.

ungrateful son of a bitch.

on a happier note, i managed to get 3 seasons of star trek tng of here. First time ever watching em too, i started with enterprise...now i cant even bare to watch it! Tng's amazing man, and it actually has some good humor in it. I'm sure you'll be fine, usually the big guys just liek to threaten ya because they know thats all that needs to be done, but if anything does happen, i wish youthe best.

Anyway if Nite is so good' date=' the why did he remove the torrent trackers. Explain that you bastard! If the dick-heads from the mpaa did not even contact you, why did you .... anyway, you already pussied out! :mad:[/quote']

Been Workin

abit late in Replying :(

Are Crap All the best Nite ( and the Family ) Great Community you have built up Don't be a stranger.....

To the ungratefull a!"£$&*($ go &*&% urself

Reply's Views

55 1,846

Wow Peeps are shy

Haven't posted here in half a year :/ ...

Thanks Nite and everyone for the content, it was funny how the mpaa caught up in the end, far from the beginnings of the site on thompsons-web where people kept saying that it would stay under the radar, lol.

It's been a blast.

edit: distributed tracking means the the fat lady hasn't sung yet, I suppose :D

I haven't posted here but I have been very greatful to have this wonderful refuge on the net. I don't understand some people who just seem to think they have a God given right to do whatever and get mad when that is taken away. Nite has to take care of himself and his family first. To those who have a problem with that get a life. There will always be another torrent site, but there will not always be a great community like this one where we become like extended family. A place to call home on the net. That is what this community is. Thanks Nite for this wonderful home on the net.

Leland

:D