Trackers Still alife ?

defiant

I can relate.

I had 2.4% of something or other, which is now gone with the wind.

Oh well. Easy come, easy go.

That's show biz.

(It's kind of like when I moved. My TV reception turned to crap, and I can't afford cable TV. It's really weird. For decades, I watched a lot of TV. Now, I hardly ever look at the thing. :rolleyes: )

TV is a big part of my life. DVDs are also a big part of my life. My gf is also a big part of my life.

Work isn't, although I spend most of my time there.

Grrrrrr, work just so that I can afford to eat and pay bills. Ridiculous!!!

Work isn't, although I spend most of my time there.

Grrrrrr, work just so that I can afford to eat and pay bills. Ridiculous!!!

I got out of the rat race, mostly because I'm too sick to work full time. Now, I'm writing a novel instead, which is giving me no end of headaches. (No, really. I can't get the damn thing out of my mind. :rolleyes: Do you suppose it's all the violence, murder and hot sex? ;) )

Maybe you should consider giving up eating. ;)

I've actually lost ten pounds because I can't afford junk food anymore and can't afford to eat meat as often. It looks pretty good on me, too. :cyclops:

(Then again, it could just be because I'm writing and thinking about it so much that I keep forgetting to

eat. ;) )

I'm actually trying to reduce my meat intake because it's not good for you. I need to eat more vegetables.

I'm terribly stressed from work and it's hard because I've suffered from several panic attacks because of work recently.

I'll be resigning in June and then I'll be spending most of my time doing something else :P Let ya know later.

There are places where they have alternate trackers for alot of various torrents, which would be more useful than hoping DHT finishes it.

Google will have to tell you the rest.

I'm sure people already know that. It's just that if it's a big file, and somebody's three quarters of the way through or something, it's a pain to start over. *SIGH.* (Don't get me wrong, though. I'm not complaining. Such is life.)

Try using a client with DHT support.

thanks a lot, bitcomet had a new client out with DHT support and indeed found a few seeds and peers on the DHT Network. Had to wait a default time of 20min thought untill any DHT results were displayed

Just to clairify, the tracker, and torrents on this server were deleted about 2 hours after the MPAA's press release was released, and thre are no plans to offer a similer service at any time in the future.

I see... Unfortunatley bit pump, the only program that is available to me does not yet have the dht protocol support.

Also, I do not completely understand the technical issues or the technical explanations of how dht is supposed to work.

For example I do not understand how a new computer yet unfamilliar with the swarm will find the first computer that has a dht table.

What I mean is that let's say I am a new guy; I wan to connect and to download a file, let's say Star Trek Voyager Season 2. So how would my computer find out the IP adress of at least one compluter that has the dht. If there is no central trecker, the torrent file would somehow have to contain the list of the IP adresses of at least some computers that have the table. After your computer finds those machines everithing works fine...

What if the IP adresses of those machines suddenly changes... How would a new guy find the changed ones?

Could someoine explain this to me ?

Okay guys ........I have read many stories on the MPAA lawsuit .....and the conclusion ....it all "hogwash"....."linking are not illegal or else google would in trouble :mad:.... DCMA and all that, and using torrents is not it theft but infrigement of intellectual agreements...a case of VCR vs etc..."

So up with the bloody torrents and the trackers already .......pretty please!!! :p :p ;)

I'm sure people already know that. It's just that if it's a big file' date=' and somebody's three quarters of the way through or something, it's a pain to start over. *SIGH.* (Don't get me wrong, though. I'm not complaining. Such is life.) [/quote']

Start over? No need to do that. Just load the same torrent in uTorrent or something that uses DHT, re-hash the data, and resume it from there. You may experience a slight loss of data. but not total loss.

I'm sure people already know that. It's just that if it's a big file' date=' and somebody's three quarters of the way through or something, it's a pain to start over. *SIGH.* (Don't get me wrong, though. I'm not complaining. Such is life.) [/quote']

Star over? No need to do that. Just load the same torrent in uTorrent or something that uses DHT, re-hash the data, and resume it from there. You may experience a slight loss of data. but not total loss.

Well, that's assuming there are others on the other end who are using DHT, which in a lot of cases there aren't.

For the popular torrents, DHT will give you plenty of peers. If you aren't getting any, you may need to try both Azureus and uTorrent, since their DHT implementations are different and get different peers (uTorrent connects to BitTorrent, BitComet and other uTorrent users).