HELP NITE CAMPAIGN

Soulreaper

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heres what I'll do, and maybe others can follow: I shared with a couple of friends, and they agreed to donate, too, even if they are not members, and havent downloaded from here themselves. That way, we may be able to cover for some of the ppl who cant afford it.

Thanx for everything, Nite, and good luck!

Heres what I'll do, and maybe others can follow: I shared with a couple of friends, and they agreed to donate, too, even if they are not members, and havent downloaded from here themselves. That way, we may be able to cover for some of the ppl who cant afford it.

Thanx for everything, Nite, and good luck!

I agree, and so do my friends, we love helping the little guy out

I sent my $10...I'll send more later. This is the place I got my new Doctor Who....which I might add, I also bought the DVDs when they came out....I'm like most of you...if I like it, I buy it to get a really good copy. These lawsuits are BS and don't do anything but irritate people into NOT buying stuff later.

As far as I'm concerned, the MPAA is only gonna make the world respond with a unsueable and unstoppable network, which will surely rapidly decrease their v. large profits.

It may not help NiteShdw but it would be the revenge of net.

Hey all,

I buy the DVDs if I like the program and figure it is worth it... Delete it if I don't.

I think that is fair. Licensing, regulations and IP rights are gonna kill us if we don't speak up now.

Talk to your gov leaders. Make your voice heard. Get involved. But use your brain...

I'm also glad to be able to donate, if only a little. Best of luck, Nite.

Cheers!

I buy the DVDs if I like the program and figure it is worth it... Delete it if I don't.

I download stuff and burn stuff to DVDs until I have the funds available to buy it. I'm considering finding someone in the US to buy the DS9 set for $300 for me, since they don't ship to Canada, but I've also got an order for $300 or so worth of anime [One series of which I had downloaded fansubs of first, before it was liscenced, and wanted to buy since watching it. Stick that in your bank account and spend it, ADV :mad:] to pay for. I can't afford everything at once, much as I'd like to.

The MPAA claim ALL downloads to be "lost revenue", they don't care that some people do it because they CAN'T buy it. Someone downloading something because they CAN'T buy it doesn't lose them any more money than the person not getting it at all because they can't buy it.

I REALLY wish someone would actually call the MPAA on that. Anyone with any common sense knows it, but I would LOVE to hear how the MPAA would respond.

Hey guys, i just want to say good luck to nite! i only found this site due to the voyager torrents, infact im real new to the whole torrent thing. i dont like what nite has had to do but i know if i was in his situation i would have done the same thing, protecting your family comes first! this is probably going to be my one and only post.

good luck nite - "live long and prosper"

Arjie :D

Thanks everone for such a great and rapid response (again)! Keep it up!

What Nite would really need is a lawyer that'd go pro bono or take a low fee (which we could possibly cover with the donations)

So again I wish to remind to 1) stick to S0v's rules as we're under the "bigbrother supervision" and 2) There are more ways to aid than money alone (I'm at a donation of $50 currently myself - not counting previous donations of course and more will come from me as well within range of my personal economy)

Money is good it's a great start > but, also support from the entire BT community and other communites, contacts with officials and lawyers that supports this cause, websites, press anything you can think of > so get those grey cells working - this is afterall a community with a lot of brainy people :)

Especially pro-bono lawyers or lawyers that'd support us is a high priority

Again, thanks people - your support means A LOT!