HELP NITE CAMPAIGN

Soulreaper

Maybe moving the site to another location is a possability perhaps over here! not sure how much space you need to run it please email me!

Sweden would probably be the best place to move the site to. Thats where ThePirateBay is and the MPAA isn't bothering them (yet).

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone thought of contacting the Electronic Frontier Foundation for assistance? http://www.EFF.org

They've done quite a bit to help support freedoms on the web while groups such as the MPAA try to strangle them. They might be able to lend a hand.

Isohunt.com made contact with the EFF. They basically just gave a list of lawyers that specialize in IP (intellectual property) cases. It would still be my/our responsibility to pay for the lawyers.

Maybe moving the site to another location is a possability perhaps over here! not sure how much space you need to run it please email me!

Sweden would probably be the best place to move the site to. Thats where ThePirateBay is and the MPAA isn't bothering them (yet).

Indeed they have tried hard to shut down pirates bay. No success though. Sweden must have some definite advantages.

I just visited PirateBay. If you need to release some steam about the whole MPAA situation just read the responsed they have posted to the legal threats they've received from various companies. Did that make me laugh :) Long live Sweeden (maybe the last sane country on this rock)

hello to everyone

I really want to help too but I live in israel and don't how to send u 10$, I think that just a real passionned man would succed to had a site in a great level as niteshdw.

this is a place that I discover our dear tng team and gave us a lot of fun.

so let me know how I can help

nb: I m sorry for my english but I m a french that live in israel so all the day I speak three languages but not always in a best way

and nite I want to tell you I m with you!!!

klingonit (karine)

I will donate.

the MPAA and RIAA need to realize that sharing is just like movie studios with their viral marketing--you get someone hooked, they're gonna come back for more, better quality, and the movie, and the collectibles... that's how it worked for Firefly for me anyhow. I'd say that show owes a great deal of its popularity to folks sharing the eps before the DVD came out. And BSG--not everyone has cable. And the new Who... not everyone is in Britain.

I wish I had the $$ to donate right now. I'd love to help Nite in any way I can.

The MPAA/RIAA/Any other agency of the sort just hasn't figured out why people download.

We don't do it because we WANT to "Break the law". We don't download to "Be rebels".

I for one download becuase I cannot afford $100 for a singe season of DS9 or whatever. Say I wanted all Star Trek seasons for TNG/DS9/VOY/ENT.. At ~$100 a season, that adds to ~$2500. I'm sorry but I can not afford that. It's gone beyond just the type of thing the MPAA/RIAA/etc are after now too.

I use Flight Simulator a lot. A ton of add on programs cost $60-70-80 USD or more. Some are less, some more. I am a college student, barely working it thru college/working. I do not understand how companies can rape out wallets with this stuff.

If the companies would not try to make a killing on the things we want, they'd have INCREASED sales, and things like this POS Lawsuit would not be in existance.

I personally hope the RIAA/MPAA go to hell. Fast.

If I ever come across excess $$ I'd be happy to donate.

Chris

Guest c4evap

I agree. I'm of the mind that if the "MAN" sold the Star trek TV show seasons at a reasonable price they'd actually make more $$$ because more people would buy. I know I would because it's a real pain to download all this stuff, transcode it and then burn it to DVDs. THEY are the ones that turned us into die-hard fans. Hey...you know what? It's alot like they got us addicted. Maybe we should be suing them?!?

c4 B)

Saying you download programs because you cannot afford to buy the DVDs is like saying you're going to steal a Porche because you cannot afford a car.

Personally, the reason I downloaded a few bits and pieces was because a lot of the UK programs are not available in the US, not easily anyway.

Regards

Nigel

The MPAA and NOT Piracy is killing the movie business.

I like the idea of sueing these people because they've got us addicted. I for one wont be volunteering to be the test case tho.

God bless the good ship NiteShdw and all who serve her. ;)

Saying you download programs because you cannot afford to buy the DVDs is like saying you're going to steal a Porche because you cannot afford a car.

Personally, the reason I downloaded a few bits and pieces was because a lot of the UK programs are not available in the US, not easily anyway.

Regards

Nigel

You're reasoning is flawd just as the MPAA's reasoning is.....

It should be something like this:

"Saying you download programs because you cannot afford to buy the DVDs is like saying you're going to copy a Porche because you cannot afford a terribly overpriced and totally useless car, that you wouldn't have buyed anyway."

A pitty another guy has been influenced by the MPAA propaganda...

Please keep this thread at it's intended function - I appreciate your views, but this is not the place for them to be debated - there are several other threads for that.

I'm happy to see such response, some ideas and efforts displayed here more than others > I'm especially intrigued by the notions of talking to friends asking them to pitch in, doing garage/bake sales and all that > Mav also had a great run there at trying to do what he could do! That's exactly the thing people! To DO what one CAN, not trying to 'save the world' or anything by oneself > but to reach out within the means availble - again be it money, be it political work, maybe knowing other admins or people or officials out there than can help us - anything basically =)

What Nite will now try to do (as can be seen in his blog) is a good idea > I'm going to donate some more myself as soon as I get the opportunity > if everyone keeps adding-to in the same manner as has already been done to a small extent, I think we have a chance of making some change;

So please, continue to support Niteshdw as long as you can!!

And, make good use of those greycells, I know all the people here have a good number of them and also many here have a lot of potenial now to pitch in and making their voices and ideas heard - not only for the intent of this thread (donations for one) but also, in the direction Nite is taking his case.

I really want to stress that point that here's a great opportunity if you can be brave enough to seize it > so as Picard used to say "let's try to better ourselves" and with those words > try to do our best and make a differance!

Thank you so much - all people who have so far taken the time to read this thread and also especially for those who have acted on it in different ways!!

The MPAA and NOT Piracy is killing the movie business.

This is ohhhh so true.

My fiancee and I went to see a movie last night.. In 2 months, ticket prices went up about $2 each (3rd increase in a year).

A "Deal" of nachos and a pop went up to $9.75 from $7.50 just 2 months before.

A Large pop is $5.50 by itself

Pretzels don't come with cheese..

The theaters charge these outrageously insane prices, have all these crappy ads and previews, and constantly increase prices because they are charged a lot more now by the MPAA..

It absolutely disgusts me, and reminds me why I download..

Chris

I understand this is a sticky bussines. I too went through it. And unfortunately it is a really dismal thing to go through. Sometimes it is better to settle for what ever you can. I am still paying after many years, simply because I neglected wording terms and services properly. The best thing I can give you is my best hopes that you can come out of this with just a few scrapes, as opposed to the "Corn Holing" I got. Good luck, and I'll keep on the forum. Thanks guys!!!

I understand this is a sticky bussines. I too went through it. And unfortunately it is a really dismal thing to go through. Sometimes it is better to settle for what ever you can. I am still paying after many years' date=' simply because I neglected wording terms and services properly. The best thing I can give you is my best hopes that you can come out of this with just a few scrapes, as opposed to the "Corn Holing" I got. Good luck, and I'll keep on the forum. Thanks guys!!![/quote']

Just out of curiosity, do they let you make reasonable payments. I’m always hearing about outrageously large fines given out to down loaders, let alone anyone operating a tracker or anything like it. Does the court leave you enough money to live a decent lifestyle.