Battlestar Galactica 2x20

Mav

They're probably gonna get help from boomer galatica

After she turned her back on Helo and Adama just when things were looking on the up and up for them two? Hell at that point she wasn't even speaking to Helo ;\ granted she has just cause for doing so, but I dont expect her to be helpful either for a long long time or ever again.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure I like the ending of the episode. I suppose I won't mind it if they take a lot of time in Season 3 filling the blanks of the first year settling on New Caprica. How did they settle on that name, anyways? Why not New Geminon? There are 12 Colonies, you'd think there would be a lot more in-fighting over the name.

i couldnt believe it, that one cylon with a nuke took out 1/5 of the colonial population, 10,358 people dead, (probably more because of 1 year elapsed). I thought for sure pegasus would get blown , the 1 year thing was definetly a plus, Baltar being a womanizer, and the Centaurians walking down main street was SURREAL

The next season starts with a 10 episode arc

having seen the episode twice I feel I am ready to comment on it.

It was a very sad episode from beginning to end. I am skipping over Starbuck's Anders rescue mission because I couldn't care less. Then we get to the important stuff - Baltar winning the election. I knew about this in advance but the scenes with Laura Roslin losing and Baltar taking office were still shockingly sad. Personally the thing that bothers me the most about the episode is that Adama let Baltar order the fleet to New Caprica and went along and let everyone settle leaving the fleet defenceless basically.

But anyways, we get to the Gina/Baltar sex scene which overlaps with his inugaration. Considering we waited ten episodes before they did it I guess it was one of those must see moments.

Then we get to the big part where Gina uses the nuke and DESTROYS Cloud Nine, one of my favorite ships. However I guess this means Apollo's forgotten whore is dead so it's not all bad. The only thing that would make this any better is if Dualla and Anders were on Cloud Nine when it blew up.

Adama confronts Baltar about the bombing yet even with Roslin's warning that he is a traitor he goes with someone stole the nuke from Baltar's lab theory while Baltar falls asleep on him and we wake up a year later.

This was very unexpected since I remained unspoiled on this. What do I hate about these changes? Adama's Moustache. Please shave it. Starbuck and Anders being married is a bit nautious too. Oh yeah Dualla is XO of Pegasus. I'd say Dualla is the worst part of the episode. Die you whore.

You know what else I noticed? Apollo has Dualla and Starbuck has Anders. Who do I hate? -- the people they are both sleeping with. I find it ironic. Maybe next season they will have Dualla and Anders sleeping together sense Dualla is that much of a slut. Then Apollo and Starbuck find out. Apollo ditches Dualla while Starbuck gets into a fight with her and accidently kills her. I'd love that episode. You should have died Dualla. Not Billy, YOU!

So I guess overall it was an effective finale although I hope Dualla and Anders both die in the first five minutes of next season.

I thought I should comment on Baltar too. Baltar is just bound to be a traitor to humanity. (Terra Prime) It is his destiny. However the bigger desk, painting of him, and his two whores were quite amusing.

Why do people seem to hate Dualla and Anders? Yes it was a fast change with Dualla and Apollo,

but Billy was killed off because he left the show for another job.. so dont be too hard on the writers...

Great moment when it was 1 year later, I had no idea that would happen, almost thought it was a dream of Baltars!

I wonder what has happened with Sharon, Since Helo is in the CIC, I am guessing she must still be on board (I doubt they would have him leave her), hopefully after a year they let her out the cage and is with Helo.

It does look like a farming expedition for the Cylons (although with the two 'hero' cylons in charge, not definately a bad thing?)

Well lots and lots of questions now, and a long time to wait!

But it seem certain that Caprica Six wants to be with Baltar, and what will Hero Boomer think of the Cheif with Cally? (Who can blame the chief? she is a very cute girl ;-) )

Why do people seem to hate Dualla and Anders? Yes it was a fast change with Dualla and Apollo,

but Billy was killed off because he left the show for another job.. so dont be too hard on the writers...

Great moment when it was 1 year later, I had no idea that would happen, almost thought it was a dream of Baltars!

I wonder what has happened with Sharon, Since Helo is in the CIC, I am guessing she must still be on board (I doubt they would have him leave her), hopefully after a year they let her out the cage and is with Helo.

It does look like a farming expedition for the Cylons (although with the two 'hero' cylons in charge, not definately a bad thing?)

Well lots and lots of questions now, and a long time to wait!

But it seem certain that Caprica Six wants to be with Baltar, and what will Hero Boomer think of the Cheif with Cally? (Who can blame the chief? she is a very cute girl ;-) )

the reason I don't like Anders is because Starbuck and him had a thing in two episodes and she came back and was all fine until around Scar when somehow she was all depressed over him and loved him and everything. It came out of nowhere imho.

The reason I don't like Dualla is her and Apollo came out of nowhere. Two episodes after his hooker days and with only two scenes between the two in two seasons they decided to make a love traingle with dualla, billy, and apollo. Then Billy dies and the same episode she is sleeping with Apollo.

If these things didn't seem forced I'd like it more.

I wonder if this is NOT the cylon fleet, but a rogue section of cylons who are also fleeing from the main cylon empire. Or an experimental fleet., modified farm, call it what you will.

New Caprica City polulation was 39K, this doesn't mean there are not other settlements (unlikely but possible remote farms) and also a complement of people left abroad the starships.

I think Dualla is XO of the pegasus due to lack of bridge staff, as in every has retired from military work and is now on the planet. Given that Helo is in a similar position on Galactica I think its safe to assume we'll get lots of flashbacks to people leaving, departing service, taking jobs, falling in love and attempting to get organised on the planet. Like a 'good luck Mr Geta, and keep a damn close eye on that weasely bastard pls.' from Adama to him.

I think caprica-boomer is probably still on Galactica and thats why Helo remains aboard. I wonder did they fire the priests out of the airlock or not.... How Sharon will react to the chiefs new girl will be interesting. I also look forwrad to caprica-6 and Baltar having a 'So these harvey's then? Chat'

I was completed unawares of the 1 year thing, and they look to have done it well, always have been impressed by the BSG writing, and I am glad that they managed to continue the threads and shake it up so well, guess they just had to roll the hard 6 :)

Baltar is just bound to be a traitor to humanity. (Terra Prime) It is his destiny. However the bigger desk' date=' painting of him, and his two whores were quite amusing.[/quote']

oh yeah, baltars office and the "decoration" was funny. I belive he is traitor if he wants it or not - its destiny. :)

this was an awsome ep but to wait until october? arghhh! are they kidding?!

at least dr. who is coming soon..

I've just watched the episode again and I must say I liked the story, the special effects, even the surprising "one year later" stuff, which leads me to conclude that what bothered me about it (and the latest BSG episodes in general) were the characters.

They've become too shallow. They keep changing behavior for no apparent reason, their relationships are forced, suicide is a recurring theme (even among Cylons now). In short, they've really become a bunch of ass*****.

Damn, even Roslin and Adama joined the club now. Roslin, by rigging the election. Adama, by allowing Baltar to be elected and, also, by accepting his orders quietly. What the hell happened to the good ol' Adama who threw Roslin in prison over that arrow of Apollo incident?!

I'm afraid if the writers keep doing this, they'll end up killing a very good TV show...

the reason I don't like Anders is because Starbuck and him had a thing in two episodes and she came back and was all fine until around Scar when somehow she was all depressed over him and loved him and everything. It came out of nowhere imho.

The reason I don't like Dualla is her and Apollo came out of nowhere. Two episodes after his hooker days and with only two scenes between the two in two seasons they decided to make a love traingle with dualla, billy, and apollo. Then Billy dies and the same episode she is sleeping with Apollo.

If these things didn't seem forced I'd like it more.

The anders thing wasn't that forced, but Dualla was too quick to switch, its a shame that Billy's actor left the show, but that was the reason they killed him off, it wasn't planned when they started season 2.

Baltar, will he stay president or not?

How will they escape new caprica, and this time with an even smaller fleet

I guess they needed this as a way to slow down them finding Earth

but the main question, will earth be our tech level, or their tech level, or somewhere in between?

What I don't understand is that when they had the priest, he said that the Cylons realized the error of their ways and had made a mistake, so why would the Cylons still be pursuing the fleet? I think they alluded to the fact that the Cylons want to take care of the humans like their children or something, kinda like in I, Robot. It still doesn't make sense to me.

In my opinion: DREAM SEQUENCE all the way. I think that Roslyn, or someone is having a dream about what is going to happen, and when the season reconvenes they are going to wake up. I just can't help but wonder: How the hell are they going to get out of this one? Maybe Galactica will find the ship of lights and Count Iblis from the original series?

In my opinion: DREAM SEQUENCE all the way.

I don't think its a dream sequence, and the idea of such would be a huge mistake by the producers in my opinion and turn off a bunch of fans.

What I don't understand is that when they had the priest, he said that the Cylons realized the error of their ways and had made a mistake, so why would the Cylons still be pursuing the fleet?

In any case, I see nothing incompatable about the priest's statement. For one thing:

a) it could be a simple ruse to put the humans off their guard. Worked pretty well too... one year without contact and they were caught again with their pants down.

One thing to remember... there are other cylons in the fleet. I don't think the cylons were 100% truthful in saying they only discovered the new colony by accident. I think they likely knew they were there all along, and just were patient to see how things would progress. Attacking too soon would just continue the chase they've seen for the previous year.

Or b) its perfectly true, which is why the Cylons didn't just blast the colonists to hell the moment they found them, but instead decided to capture them. After all,

a one year jump was a shocker no doubt.

Unfortunately while I'm shocked too, I think I can see some of the reasons for this. I bet next year we'll have a bunch of "Lost" style flashbacks, detailing much of what we missed in the ensuing time... why Starbuck and Tigh are buddies now.. the exact reason for Apollo and Starbucks falling out, etc.

I do also hope they do not pull the its a dream business.

I think they realsied the status quo was maintained and characters were becoming stale, or in danger of, so this way allows them a complete reshake, rather as they attempted in alias with the wake up 2 years later business.

The flashbacks will open up avenues, and i think starbuck and tight are only buddy buddy as they haven't seen each other in a year.

One thing to remember... there are other cylons in the fleet. I don't think the cylons were 100% truthful in saying they only discovered the new colony by accident. I think they likely knew they were there all along, and just were patient to see how things would progress. Attacking too soon would just continue the chase they've seen for the previous year.

It was Gina that pointed the way for the Cylons to discover New Caprica. The Cylon in the suit (whatever his number is) says that they were 1 light year away when they detected a nuclear explosion. Since the blast happened one year ago that was the exact time needed for the light from the blast to cover that distance. Therefore it seems that the Cylon infiltrators in the fleet didn't alert their "comrades." Gina's sacrifice seems to have been the key factor. Hell, even better than blowing up the Pegasus.

I didn't like the light twitching on the Galactica. There are more ways of showing a lack of maintenance than resorting to cheap horror tricks like that :D

It was Gina that pointed the way for the Cylons to discover New Caprica. The Cylon in the suit (whatever his number is) says that they were 1 light year away when they detected a nuclear explosion. Since the blast happened one year ago that was the exact time needed for the light from the blast to cover that distance. Therefore it seems that the Cylon infiltrators in the fleet didn't alert their "comrades." Gina's sacrifice seems to have been the key factor. Hell, even better than blowing up the Pegasus.

Yeah, I know thats the "official" explanation the cylons gave (you trust everything they say? After all, they just said "hey, we'll leave you alone and go our separate ways" in the same episode).

But I just am saying I don't buy it and its likely its another lie, and the cylons knew they were there all along. The whole "we'll leave you alone" and the year interlude I think was a trick to do just what happened... lure the colonists into a state of false security. Its not the first time this has happened if we recall. Remember, the Pegasus found the Galactica by following the cylon fleet ... which was conveniently following the Galactica. The conclusion is obvious... the cylons have ALWAYS known where the fleet was. How they act on that information is what has changed as they experiment.

And lest we forget, the whole plan of settlement is one supported by Baltar, a known cylon operative... While he didn't think of the plan itself, his #6 cylon ghost recognized it as just what the cylons wanted.