Morality question

Guest c4evap

Guest c4evap

He was a jerk to you regarding this?

He was a jerk with regard to the cancellation aspect.

Anyway people...I've sent the email and am waiting for a reply.

c4 B)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest c4evap
let us know if he could be arsed to pay for the shipping back fee....

Still haven't hear from him and that's prolly why - he prolly paid so little for the item (Chinese made) the shipping back to China would cost him more than it is worth. He could at least answer my email and say keep 'em or whatever. Like I said...he was an arse.

c4 :thinking:

c4, why u not want these in the end? did you order some of the others? are they totally shit? im interested in gettin some of these from ebay and your the only person i know of that acually has em!!

so anychance of a honest and personal review of these asian star trek boxsets :)

thanks, and id keep em, if he emails u & wants em back, send em back, if not fuck him!!

Guest c4evap

Oh, I'd like to keep them alright...but I also have to do the right thing (I have to look at myself in the mirror everyday ya know). I've done that. I've emailed him but he still hasn't responded. I will wait another 2 weeks then open them up. If (and hopefully when) that happens I will post my review of the quality of these "Asian" DVDs.

EDIT: I'm also going to check with my credit card company again just to make sure I haven't somehow been "recharged" for this item.

c4 B)

If they are burned copies, then my sister went through something similar. Ordered seasons 1-4 of Charmed on dvd, they were ripped from originals. She paid her money but recieved a refund as he was kicked off ebay for selling knock off dvds. Couple of days later they arrived in the post. Money back and dvd quality rips. She was happy and has had no comeback.

Oh, I'd like to keep them alright...but I also have to do the right thing (I have to look at myself in the mirror everyday ya know). I've done that. I've emailed him but he still hasn't responded. I will wait another 2 weeks then open them up. If (and hopefully when) that happens I will post my review of the quality of these "Asian" DVDs.

EDIT: I'm also going to check with my credit card company again just to make sure I haven't somehow been "recharged" for this item.

c4 B)

yes pls do... if you still feel any guilt how about watching them, keep a mental copy :D

and mail to a friend for them to watch... and get them to do the same... that would really anoy the mpaa

Guest c4evap

Well, another day gone by and still no email. Beginning to look more and more like I have some free DVDs. I'm still going to wait the 2 weeks like I said.

...and I do feel better for having sent the email. :D

c4 B)

Guest c4evap

Just decided (for sh!ts and giggles) to check the status of the seller on Ebay. Seems he's no longer a "registered" member (as they say). Look's like Ebay bounced him.

Guess what I get to keep?

c4 :D :D :D

Guest c4evap

Hey now...I still have to wait a respectible amount of time ;)

Believe me, I'm chomping at the bit to open this package. Going to save it for my first off-work day :D

c4 B)

Guest c4evap

OK. I'll be opening them this week (Wed). I even sent the guy a second and third email but still nothing. Sooooooooooooooo...I suppose they are legally mine now :D

One bad note though - I just got ripped off on Ebay to the (sad) tune of $153.00 - bought the complete Enterprise DVD set (I won the bidding war). Seems the guy is no longer an Ebay member. His email addy is suspended and his listed phone number no longer works. I still have the addres where he lives - so I'll shoot him a note this morning and let him know he's lucky he doesn't live within killing distance of me! :(

Oh well...live and (hopefully) learn!

c4 B)

I'd contact seller

If they don’t want it back - sweet!

If they do - ask for a postage paid return and bill them $10 US an hour for time expended and lost productivity - or store voucher - include invoice!!

I think you have found vulnerability in their billing system that they are fixing, trying to fix or ignore for monetary reasons. Not your problem. However if you knowingly received goods for which you have no valid transfer of ownership contract then that a least by my understanding of common law is – receiving stolen goods a criminal offence which means you’re nailed in civil litigation and liable for amount owed plus legal cost ect, ect,

I you contact and keep a WRITTEN record of communication, then you are covered from all angles of attack

wait til you are asked to return them

in england if you keep something for 6 months and it isn't claimed it's yours .you don't have to do a thing just wait

however if they ask for it back you are entitled to request packaging materials and postage up front