Voyager Seasons

gjnave

I've come to a conclusion about Voyager... (I still think Janeway is the best... just in case you thought this was a bash thread).... my conclusion is that the early seasons are great and seasons 6 & 7 were pretty low quality in comparison. I heard that they lost their creative staff in seasons 6 ... perhaps this is why?

My dislike of Voyager is no secret.

I take it on an episode by episode basis. Having just watched season two... just so weak. It had the running themes of Seska - WHAT A TERRIBLE ENEMY. They fall for her traps everytime.

It sounds you just dislike simply because its Voyager...

It was a hit and miss show with more misses than hits, at least in my opinion.

I loved anything with the Doctor or Tuvok.

And despite how annoying most people thought Neelix was, I loved any of the interactions he and Tuvok had, especially at the end when he left the ship.

The only real thing I liked in season 7 was the finale, Endgame. I hated how it was rushed and it was obvious they would "get home" somehow, but I just loved seeing the ship all pimped out with 25th century technology pwning Borg cubes left and right.

It was a decent series but I still think it was far far weaker than TNG and DS9.

personally looking back on it. I think that all of the voyager seasons were great. The only weak charicter i think was kes whose only real function was to serve as the means for the doctor to become a fully integrated part of the crew.

finnally people say the series 2 seska arc was weak. Well after removing her in series 1 they had to tie up that lose thread somehow.

series 3-7 are my favorite

well voy is my favourite series so to choose my favourite seasons is actually quite easy, season 4 + 5 i think has some of voyagers best moments

Favourite episodes fom seasons 4+5

Scorpion Pt2

the raven

year of hell (1+2)

message in a bottle

the killing game (1+2)

the omega directive

drone

timeless

thirty days

Bride of chaotica!

dark fronteer

think tank

equinox (1+2)

It sounds you just dislike simply because its Voyager...

If you mean I dislike it "just because" - no.

If you mean I dislike it because I find the constituent elements to be so poor that they are only occasionally redeemed by good stories - then yes.

To be honest, i liked a lot of episodes... TNG had more boring episodes imo... But the difference between me and a lot of people i think, is that VOY was the first Trek series i ever (completely) saw...

I loved the Hirogen species though... And i thought the industry aliens (don't know their names atm) were kinda original.. Also theyre vessels and weapons of the ships...

I really liked the villains of the earlier seasons as well... I especially thought the Vidians (sp?), the ones who harvested body parts, were cool.