Why did Ryker hate O'Brian in DS9????

thedoctor28

I know that it was Ryker's brother (Thomas) when he got to ds9 but obrian thought it was (Will). O'brian knew he (Will) hated him and when Thomas got there he acted as if he hated him so he must have known that his double (brother whatever) hated him. SO WHY? What did O'Brian do???

It's been a couple of month since I watched that episode, but if my memory serves me.

The "hate" is a clue to what's about happen, like how Riker is behaving, acting, keeping a distance, the ambient music, etc...

Meeting anyone who knows you is a danger to any imposter.

i think it was because riker didnt know o'brien at all.

o'brien could have found thomas riker out as an imposter and therefore the best way to deal with that was to act aloof and avoid him than to try and bullshit his way thru a conversation. i remember watching that ep and bein impressed cos i thought it was a decisive way to deal with the situation.

thomas riker and o'brien never even met tho. by the time that ep occurred where rikers double was found o'brien had left the enterprise.

have fun

He had a thing for any attractive female full stop. Like Kirk he had a reputation for chasing skirt

except Will Riker always carried a torch for Troi and also was part of a very PC crew so we didn't

see that side of him much. Tom Riker has no such inhibitions.