Ebay auctions to help Niteshadow and the Others!

katerina

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It surprises me that the citizens of the US dont have Legal Aid like we in the UK do if the MPAA tried to take me to court my government and its taxpayers would pay the cost. Great way to ensure fairness and equality.

The irony is that we in the UK don't have a constitution, we dont have any rights as such (they even took away the right of silence lol) and yet we are protected against such eventualities. Over here the poor really do have as much of a say as the rich and quite rightly so.

Lawyers are appointed by the court to those without money in the U.S.

Everyone is entitled to representation.

I'm just not sure whether it's in criminal cases only or also civil or what.

Not always the best legal help but it's certainly provided.... eventually.

• 4 weeks later...
It surprises me that the citizens of the US dont have Legal Aid like we in the UK do if the MPAA tried to take me to court my government and its taxpayers would pay the cost. Great way to ensure fairness and equality.

The irony is that we in the UK don't have a constitution, we dont have any rights as such (they even took away the right of silence lol) and yet we are protected against such eventualities. Over here the poor really do have as much of a say as the rich and quite rightly so.

On the contrary we do have free legal aid but in order to qualify you have to be poor. Another problem is that the attorney assigned to the poor person sucks or is just to busy to apply a legit legal defense. The justice system is geared to the rich and afluent in the United States, this is why someone such as an OJ Simpson can get away with murder. It needs to be changed the problem is where to start.

also

The niteshadow case is a template example on why middle class individuals just cant beat corporate America. The sad part is that even if niteshadow wants to settle they wont on the principal of "teaching a lesson" it's really yucky imho and this sort of thinking needs to change. The biggest lesson of all for niteshadow will be the delay tactics employed by the MPAA extremely painful when continuance upon continuance happens, court dates are set back etc. etc. while the mpaa lawyers try to amass obscure rulings "in there favour" and justify there position this type of thing costs a ton of money which the defendant just doesnt have so in the end he/she has no other alternative but crack and go along with whatever the courts say.