News: New Game Servers

S0V13T

Been getting some comments and PM's lately about expanding the glorious Gaming.NiteShdw.com server empire lately. I'm all for it, as I've learned a ton about linix installations, configging and upkeep in the past month or so.

So, if you vote for any of the options (especially the write in one) please do:

a) Name the game you want to see served (duh).

b) Make sure that there is such thing as a dedicated LINUX server software, as most RTS games do not have dedicated server pakages, as they ar emostly pvp based servers.

c) Post a link to it, so I can see how compatabile it is with NiteShdw's server set up.

Also, on the Gaming home page, I have our server, and the server of our good friend ReSeStAnC listed. If anyone has their own server for any game that they would like advertised (we get mad traffic on all the niteshdw.com domains, I can tell you) please do send me a PM with the particulars of your server, and I'll see about adding it to the list.

Click here for the poll

you shouldnt really call Battlefield 2, "battlefield 1942 2". theres a good reason too. else battlefield 2 would be call as Battlefield Modern Combat. how about a Dod source server lol. jk. i have my Gaming network for that :). fyi, theres a stargate mod for battlefield 1942. dont forget desert combat for battlefield 1942. battlefield 2 has teh worst interface ever.

I voted for battlefield 1942, but what I really want is desert combat, which is a modern warfare mod for battlefield 1942.

for people who dont own many games this would be a good option as battlefield 1942 is getting very cheap, and with the desert combat mod being free for anyone to download you are essentially getting 2 great games for very little :) making it preferable to battlefield 2

for those that dont know, battlefield 1942 is a mix of strategy and fps, each team has to secure and hold flag points, each flagpoint your team controls can be used as a spawn point, and the more flagpoints you control the more points a death will cost your other team (the game is over when a team has zero points). You soldier has the option of having various specialities, anti tank, medic, engineer etc which you can change each time you die, and you can also drive tanks, planes, helicopters and even battleships. Strategy is important, if you dont control any of the flagpoints you will probably lose, regardless how many people you kill.

In desert combat you get to use modern weapons, kick arse tanks, apache helicopters (with a friend manning your machine gun if you want).... It is hours of fun, with tons of replayability

I voted for battlefield 1942, but what I really want is desert combat, which is a modern warfare mod for battlefield 1942.

for people who dont own many games this would be a good option as battlefield 1942 is getting very cheap, and with the desert combat mod being free for anyone to download you are essentially getting 2 great games for very little :) making it preferable to battlefield 2

for those that dont know, battlefield 1942 is a mix of strategy and fps, each team has to secure and hold flag points, each flagpoint your team controls can be used as a spawn point, and the more flagpoints you control the more points a death will cost your other team (the game is over when a team has zero points). You soldier has the option of having various specialities, anti tank, medic, engineer etc which you can change each time you die, and you can also drive tanks, planes, helicopters and even battleships. Strategy is important, if you dont control any of the flagpoints you will probably lose, regardless how many people you kill.

In desert combat you get to use modern weapons, kick arse tanks, apache helicopters (with a friend manning your machine gun if you want).... It is hours of fun, with tons of replayability

I find Battlefield Vietnam much cooler to be honest B)

but 1942 is an awesome game too.

Mostly due to the occasiona ship you find XD

i did my usual thing of voting without looking at what comments there are(must stop doing that) I voted MOH because i have the game i must say having never played battlefield it does sound good tho and would probably have clicked that choice had i looked first

• 2 weeks later...

The only online game I really used to play to death was UT & Medal Of Honour:Allied Assault. Great memories on those 2 titles, I dont really ge the time to play online these days and I was never really that good hehe! If I WAS to play casually something now it might be Battle For Middle Earth 1, I like a good RTS, only trouble is the balance sucks, noone ever wanted to play Isengard or Mordor as they sucked against Gondor & Rohan!

I downloaded that Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory suggested by tutsuoShima Very good game indeed cept i got my ass kicked bad style hell i was in a world of my own lol.

I see it is available as linux as well as windows not sure of all the game keys yet but the flamethrower was good fun even flamed someone with it hehehe.