Best Star Trek actor?

Antipodean

I am gonna say that Jeffrey Combs was the best all time ST actor, he played many diffrent ppl in diffrent eps and diffrent series. Especialy Weyoun, he was great.... nuff siad

200px-Weyoun_portrait1.jpg

I totally agree, best star trek actor ever!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

arrrrh liquidator Brunt...he always made me larf, especially when he becomes ex-liquidator Brunt and doing one of the rules of aquistion...

It never does any harm sucking upto the boss (even if its quark)

But the best one was when they had to rescue Quarks mum with a dead Vorta lol..well funny!

• 4 months later...

Brent Spiner. He's absolutely brilliant in Star Trek and in everything else he does. And if anyone's heard the soundtrack to 1776, a Broadway musical he starred in (nominated for a Tony award, I might add), you know he can sing! I can't say enough about him.

• 1 month later...

I think you can't really place any of the main characters as the best actors.

They all play important roles yes, and they are acted incredibly well, but they were not necessarily the most difficult roles to play.

For example, Patrick Stewart playes Picard incredily well. Picard has many emotional issues that he buries away, memories and experiences and how Patrick played that, for example, showing Picard's emotions about the Borg in First Contact.

But other actors had bigger struggles to face, or issues to resolve that were harder to. Bob Picardo who played the EMH, hemanaged to bring persona, humour, not to mention life to that character.

However, the less main characters had the hardest jobs to do. Supporting the main characters, having their own character develop, contributing to storyline's and plots. Adnrew Robinson who played Garek is a fine example of this. The personality he created for the character was more believable that that of someone like Kira's on DS9. Armin Shimmerman who played Quark, developed wonderful relationships between his character and those of Worf and Odo in particular.

Jeffery Combs has to get my vote however. Simply his diversity and his acting talent made every single character he played believable and unique. Shran was amazing, the interaction between him and Archer was fab to watch. As Weyoun, his deviousness was portrayed excellently, although at times he showed he had a humerous side, and even a human side. Creating such complexity in a character is a wonderful thing to see, and he is an outstanding actor.

• 2 weeks later...

I think you can't really place any of the main characters as the best actors.

They all play important roles yes, and they are acted incredibly well, but they were not necessarily the most difficult roles to play.

For example, Patrick Stewart playes Picard incredily well. Picard has many emotional issues that he buries away, memories and experiences and how Patrick played that, for example, showing Picard's emotions about the Borg in First Contact.

But other actors had bigger struggles to face, or issues to resolve that were harder to. Bob Picardo who played the EMH, hemanaged to bring persona, humour, not to mention life to that character.

However, the less main characters had the hardest jobs to do. Supporting the main characters, having their own character develop, contributing to storyline's and plots. Adnrew Robinson who played Garek is a fine example of this. The personality he created for the character was more believable that that of someone like Kira's on DS9. Armin Shimmerman who played Quark, developed wonderful relationships between his character and those of Worf and Odo in particular.

Jeffery Combs has to get my vote however. Simply his diversity and his acting talent made every single character he played believable and unique. Shran was amazing, the interaction between him and Archer was fab to watch. As Weyoun, his deviousness was portrayed excellently, although at times he showed he had a humerous side, and even a human side. Creating such complexity in a character is a wonderful thing to see, and he is an outstanding actor.

I have to agree. Jeffrey Combs was a wonderful actor. I think if they make a new star trek series (or movie that is not a reboot of TOS) that he would make a good new starfleet captain. The actor is ready for a lead role in a star trek production.

• 2 months later...

Here is my list:

[i linked some of the actors that have multiple appearences]

[*]Robert Picardo - The Doctor [VOY]

[*]Avery Brooks - Benjamin Sisko [DS9]

[*]Andrew Robinson - Garak [DS9]

[*]Marc Alaimo - Dukat [DS9]

[*]Patrick Stewart - Jean Luc Picard [TNG]

[*]Scott Bakula - Jonathan Archer [ENT]

[*]Jolene Blalock - T'Pol [ENT]

[*]John Garmon (J.G.) Hertzler - Martok [DS9] Vulcan cpt USS Saratoga [DS9], Laas [DS9], a Hirogen [VOY], Harry Mudd [TNV])

[*]Armin Shimmerman - Quark [DS9]

[*]Colm Meany - Miles O'Brian [TNG/DS9]

[*]Leonard Nimoy - Spock [TOS]

[*]Deforest Kelley - Dr Leonard (Bones) McCoy [TOS]

[*]Brent Spiner - Data [TNG]

[*]Jeffery Combs - Brunt [DS9] Weyoun [DS9] Tiron [DS9] Shran [ENT]

[...:P...my list could go on and on..couldn't yours?...:P...]

Now, I listed some of the Trek characters these actors played because it is what they did with those characters that makes me like them as much as I do. But, I have to say, Avery Brooks is the man!

Well since the days of first posting in this topic, I'd have to say my new favourite actors would be Andrew Robinson (Garak) and Jeffery Combs.

I actually liked Kai Winn, too. I just felt sorry for her by the end.

• 3 weeks later...