s28e12 -- Army of Ghosts Official Discussion Thread

Fenriswolf

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THAT WAS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I SERIOUSLY CAN'T WAIT TILL NEXT WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All I can say is that was a rockin' episode...but I will need to collect my thoughts before I comment on it more!

Can't agree more except it Definately redeemed the show after the Love and Monsters episode.

Now i need to build my own tardis so i can see next weeks episode sooner.

I haven't said much recently because to be completely honest I've been very disappointed with the show. At one point I was thinking come back 'Delta And The Bannerman' All is forgiven. This episode hooked right from the start - from Rose's words at the beginning to the emergence of the Black Dalek at the end it was fantastic!!!!!

Does anyone else see a possible way from the Time Lords to return? Or even multiple Doctors?

The Girl In The fireplace: 9 and bit

The Army OF Ghosts: 9

The Age Of Steel: 9

The Xmas Invasion: 9

Tooth And Claw: 8

School Reunion: 8

Children In Need Special: 7.5

Rise Of The Cybermen:7

The Satan Pit: 7

The Impossible Planet:6.5

New Earth: 6.5

The Idiots Lantern: 6

Fear Her: 5

Love And Monsters: 3

Surprisingly, I'm a lot less positive than any of you.

Alternate universes irritate me more than you can imagine. All they are is a handy device for sloppy story tellers.

Otherwise, enjoyable. It would have been nice if it was just the our universe cybermen.

As I've said before. We've got all of time and space... why do we have to *&^" to different universes?

Well after seeing us get knocked out of the world cup, this episode cheered me up really well, especially right at the end and seeing the sphere openning up and darleks appear!! wowww...cybermen & darleks all in one episode..could this be one of the all time best Dr Who episodes? hope so!! Man I am gonna watch it again tomorrow on bbc 3 for the sake of it!!

Surprisingly, I'm a lot less positive than any of you.

Alternate universes irritate me more than you can imagine. All they are is a handy device for sloppy story tellers.

Otherwise, enjoyable. It would have been nice if it was just the our universe cybermen.

As I've said before. We've got all of time and space... why do we have to *&^" to different universes?

Alternate Universes ROCK!!!!!!

I think what they were getting at is that sphere wasn't so much a spherical thing, but a region where there's nothing, not even spacetime. My guess is that what they were seeing was a 'buffer zone' between conventional space and a dimensionless object (not a 0 dimensional object, but a dimensionless one... i.e. a visible 'buffer zone', with a dimensionless shell inside that's capable of surviving in the void, and with a dimensionally transcendental space within that shell holding the Daleks.)

... or it could have just been a fancy explanation for a cool-looking black ball. ;)

*sigh* Well, it looks like the normal dimension Cybermen are out of things... I guess that sphere (and the hinted-at 'genesis ark' may have been the Dalek's 'back up plan' in case the Time War went awry (which it did)). Thus, I'm guessing that 'genesis ark' is probably a dimensionally transcendental storage container holding 'back up' Daleks from the Time War (i.e. probably not affiliated with the ones that Rose obliterated at the end of Season 1). It's a good sign that the supposed 'genius intellect' of the Daleks is actually being used in this new Doctor Who (unlike the old one where the Daleks even became comic relief at some points).

I'm really looking forward to how this turns out, and am kind of depressed that 'real' Mondasian Cybermen are nowhere to be seen. Then again, I guess they're embarassed that the original cybermen were born of a period standard origin story (i.e. mirror Earth on the other side of the sun) that has long since become an embarassing cliche... I guess too many B- movies used it (including one Godzilla movie!).

Edit: Yeah, this is the first Doctor Who where Mickey actually seemed relatively 'cool'. :p

Edit 2: Fixed nemesis -> genesis. Thanks for pointing that out, maybrick. ^^

It's "Genesis" Ark, not "Nemesis".

We won't know until next week, of course, but I'm assuming that these are Daleks from the same parallel universe as the Cybermen and have nothing to do with The Time War. They probably followed the Doctor back through the tear that the TARDIS created when entering the Parallel Earth.

I'm also guessing that Rose doesn't literally "die" at the end of the story, rather she "dies" inside from being left behind by the Doctor.

Sorry, definitely misheard that. ^^' That makes a lot more sense. *goes and fixes it*

The Daleks were on par with the Time Lords at the time, and the Doctor outright mentioned that the Time Lords used to be able to flit between universes (implying travel through the void). It's only reasonable that the Daleks knew how to as well, and made a backup plan stashing some Daleks in the void. Then again, that IS only my take on it. ^^

Edit: Still, we won't know that for sure until next episode. Still, I got the impression the 'void ship' wasn't from the alternate universe, either... it just ended up there, and the alt-cybermen made use of it.

I was wondering what the whole K-9 revival episode was leading into...now that the daleks are back in action im sure K-9 will assume his old role.also if you notice the lead Dalek that exits the sphere im pretty sure that's everyones old friend Davros which is bad news for the Doctor. What a stroke of genius to use the cyberman as puppets.

last season was so so but this years Dr. was superb especially the impossible planet episodes.

I'm open to both explanations of course. It's just very exciting to have the Daleks back. I just knew they'd find some way of getting out of The Bad Wolf deleting them from existence! :)

Just a wierd outthere theory but what if BAD WOLF isn't what we thought it was last season.........

sorry bout this my mind is flitting from one theory to another.