Martha Jones

Antilles

Some new pics of the Doc & Martha are up at the official site.

So, shes going to be a student nurse. No wonder our health service is in a bad state if the trainee nurses are gallavanting around the universe :)

From the pics she doesnt look much different from Adeola in Army Of Ghosts. No news on HOW she ends up with the Doctor but I hope its not a love-style relationship this time. With a name like Jones and The Doctor (plus her being a nurse) Im predicting at some point theyll use Aqua's 'Doctor Jones' track at some point, most likely in Confidential.

In todays Daily Star (UK tabloid, so dont believe it 100%) Russel T. Davies has come up with a plan to keep the Doctor going past his 12th regeneration (13 Doctors).....apparently he has a SON!

Im sure we've all discussed this before and mentioned such things as "If Susan really was his grand-daughter then he must have a son/daughter out there in the Galaxy somewhere." Now even if they do use this plan, it simply wouldnt be Doctor Who IMHO, more a 'Son Of WHO'. Surely they could do something along the lines of what the Timelords offered the Master in the classic series. But I suppose wed have to bring back the Timelords properly to achieve that (which I hope they do...soon.)

The new blue suit looks ok...does that mean the Tardis is going brown with pinestripes? hehe

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heh... of COURSE he has a son. He's got a granddaughter, don't he? ;) (of course, that could also mean he's got a daughter, as the parent in question for his granddaughter was never specified...)

That reminds me... was Susan caught up in the Time War too, or was she simply erased from history due to lack of interest?

Hard to say GorunNova, she remained on Earths future after the Dalek Invasion but shes still a Time Lord so whether she was involved in it or not I dunno she didnt have a TARDIS unless she had the skills to develop one on Earth. We still dont know how many other rogue Time Lords there were away from Gallifrey and whether or not they were caught up in the war, The Master, The Rani etc. Look at Professor Chronotis in Shada, another Gallifreyan who went walkabout.

Heh... of COURSE he has a son. He's got a granddaughter, don't he? ;) (of course, that could also mean he's got a daughter, as the parent in question for his granddaughter was never specified...)

That reminds me... was Susan caught up in the Time War too, or was she simply erased from history due to lack of interest?

This is assuming that they are refering to a child already born....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Surely they could do something along the lines of what the Timelords offered the Master in the classic series. But I suppose wed have to bring back the Timelords properly to achieve that (which I hope they do...soon.)

Suppose, just suppose, that the limit on regeneration was something imposed by the Time Lords to prevent further Stagnation of their society and now that they no longer exist there is nothing to prevent the Doctor from continuing to regenerate.

• 2 months later...

hmm. nice try, but I think it has to be hardwired in, like the process of regeneration itself. Now, the Master has gotten around this several times by bodysnatching, but I think we can agree the Doctor shouldn't do that. I also thought the Time Lord offer of a whole new set of regenerations was kind of pat. I don't know why I wouldn't buy that in a show about regenerating time lords, but hey.

I have zero desire to see Son of Who. I think there's plenty of other characters that could continue--Romana for instance. Susan.

But for them to do any of that they'd have to reintroduce the time lords first.

• 1 month later...

As I see it, regenerations are the reason the show has endured - it means that you can change the character somewhat and obviously, most importantly, the actor. If you imbue him with immortality/invulnerability - it takes away any sense of danger and also means that you're stuck with Tennent or whoever.

I think that some people have attributed the different Doctors to the enduring popularity of the show.

Again - where's the interest in a time travelling Captain Scarlet? Sure, we know in practical terms that main characters aren't going to die but where's the interest if you just give the Dr. a free pass to the temple of infinite lives?

Besides, given Torchwood's 13th it seems possible that Jack might be low on the ol' indestructibility.

Naturally, there will doubtless be some out when el Doctor reaches his limit but I'm not seeing Jack as it.

Alternatively...

The Other was there when regeneration was created during the old time.

The Other threw himself into the loom.

The Doctor was loomed from the Other's DNA and subconciously posesses his memories as seen in Remembrance of the Daleks.

The Doctor could just convieniently remember how to give himself a new life cycle.

Or...

The massive temporal ebergy release that the Doctor used to destroy the Daleks and Gallifrey some how reset his regenerative cycle making Ecclestone effectively the second Doctor of the new cycle.

Or...

The new master of the land of fiction drags the Doctor back to that realm and in the process of escaping the Doctor writes himself a new cycle of regenerations.

Or...

Well, you get the point...  They can do just about anything the want, but if they use any of my ideas I'd better at least get a screen credit.  ;)