Martha Jones

Antilles

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We've been told that Boe-kind was an actual race, so Face of Boe being the last regeneration of the Doctor is pretty unlikely. He was also reported as being pregnant at one point. I think it may have been in "The Long Game".

• 2 weeks later...

back on track of this thread...

Looks like Martha didnt last long as she wont be in the 4th season apart from the odd guest appearence...[br]Posted on: July 02, 2007, 06:47:28 AM

According to The Sun, Freema Agyeman (Martha Jones) has been axed from Doctor Who for weak performances in later episodes.

DOCTOR Who actress Freema Agyeman has been axed from the next series, The Sun can reveal.

And they are planning a storyline where the Doctor, played by David Tennant, will lose her and travel through the universe searching for her.

The decision to dump Freema comes as a bolt from the blue after her performance for the first couple of episodes was praised.

Make of this what you will; remembering The Sun was also the source of the rumour that David Tennant was leaving Doctor Who.

Now, there have already been some hints Martha isn't a proper assistant... you've seen how they've mentioned shes just tagging along for the ride, and in todays episode he asked some other woman to join him. But anyway, it's all speculation.

That's old news. It was confirmed today that she'll be coming back in the second half. The Doctor losing her is already proven false. She has given her companionship up willingly. It may seem like she's been dumped, but her leaving (temporarily?) was only the logical conclusion of her character development. All totalled up, she probably spent more time with the doctor than Rose did. All of Rose's adventures were short jaunts here and there, but Martha spent two months stuck in 1913 when the Doctor was human, who knows HOW long in 1969 (long enough to need a job to support him), and then an entire year on The Master's Paradox planet. If I lived through that, i'd need a vacation from the Doctor, too! 

goto admit she aint that gr8 in this role!

No I don't. Coming in to the series after Rose is very hard shoes to fill. I don't think anybody could've done better, to be frank. It took a while for me to warm to her, it's just a shame she's gone now that I did. Still, she'll be in Torchwood and the second half of Series 4, so that ain't bad. :)

We humans are so fickle though, Im no psychology expert but Id put good money on the fact that if Freema played Martha first with Eccleston and then Billie came along as 2nd companion Rose wed all say the same things that were saying now about Martha not matching up to Rose. The same can probably be said for many situations where a character or actor that you love gets replaced by someone else, we all tend to prefer the original or the first one we grow up with etc!

ah yes none are as good as romana lol... i liked freema she added intelligence into the role which tbh rose didn't, rose acted on intuition which the doctor/s loved, tbh i think this series was way way better than the previous 2 and it came as a shock to me that she did leave :( bring her back soon i'm gonna miss her humour.

Dont worry Mega shell be back. Yesterdays GMTV reported speculation in 'The Sun' (why do they do that) saying that Tom Ellis who played Dr Milligan in Last Of The Timelords will be the next companion. If its true, isnt this the same tactic they used to get Martha, just grab the nearest pretty face in the final episode and bring that same face in as a new companion, its a faulty tactic IMO and would work better just bringing in unknowns that weve never seen before. I suppose theyd have to do some kind of back story to explain why he looks exactly like Dr Milligan :)

http://www.gallifreyone.com/news.php#newsitemEElFFFkuApkHhayZmS

You can't get any more obvious than Sally Sparrow as the next companion. By the time they shot "Blink" they knew that Martha wouldn't be a main character in series 4. It seems to me that it would be seriously short sighted of them not to consider her, unless of course the actress has something better to do. She has already been introduced to us, she's very popular, and they wouldn't need to waste another Series premiere on yet another introduction.

But her boyfriend needs to tag along. No more puppy dog eyes for the Doctor, please. Two companions is more than enough with that kind of thing, thank you very much.

Yeah Sally Sparrow, then Martha comes back and there's a mudwrestling scene as they fight over the Doctor - yummmm! :)

I was saddened to see Martha go, she was cute and intelligent, and didn't have to rely on Rose's cleavage tricks to get camera time. But Kylie, wow they are going for it now!

Or he could absorb whatever is keeping Capt. Jack from dying.  Thereby curing Jack and granting himself continued existance.

Then Jack would never age and never become The Face of Boe. Thus Boe would never encounter the Doctor etc he'd be screwing with his own timeline.

Or he could absorb whatever is keeping Capt. Jack from dying.  Thereby curing Jack and granting himself continued existance.

Then Jack would never age and never become The Face of Boe. Thus Boe would never encounter the Doctor etc he'd be screwing with his own timeline.

That's only if he really is the Face of Boe. Remember: all we have to go on is a single line from Captain Jack. All the writers need to do is to have him utter a single line of dialogue for clarification ("What? You didn't think I was the real "Face of Boe", did you? Hello!!! Do I look like a giant head to you?! It. Was. A. JOKE.")and Voila! They've written themselves out of that corner. They left it intentionally vague just so they can do that!

We do know he is the Face of Boe. RTD said in the recent podcast that he confirms Capn Jack does indeed live on to become the Face of Boe. Straight from his mouth into canon. I'd link the file but I can't locate the subsection of the site that has the podcasts atm.

We do know he is the Face of Boe. RTD said in the recent podcast that he confirms Capn Jack does indeed live on to become the Face of Boe. Straight from his mouth into canon. I'd link the file but I can't locate the subsection of the site that has the podcasts atm.

It's canon... For NOW. RTD isn't going to be involved with the series forever, he's said that much, too. The next writer/producer that comes along can easily change it. If they didn't want to leave the option open, they would have made it a lot more absolute than merely something said in passing. I listened to the commentary on the last episode, and he does express a hint of doubt upon whether it's true for a second but then he quickly backtracks. Whatever his stance is now, to think that he can never change his mind, go back and revise what has been said is kind of naive. After all, weren't all the Timelords and Daleks supposed to be dead?

Exactly, somewhere down the line someone is going to write Gallifrey and The Timelords fully back into the show. The classic series was always more exciting knowing that the great and mighty Timelords could 'interfere' at any time :)

Whoever takes over though, I hope theyre not one of the 'duckies' that will keep slipping in the odd gay scenario, I think weve all had enough now! Who survived for  4 decades without it and Im sure itll carry on the same.