Suggest a strategy game

Tenebrae

I've got a fun game for you:

Go outside; gather vicious, nasty bugs.

Contruct a deathmatch arena. Unleash your captives into it.

Document it with "log entries" into a tape recorder and/or jot down notes. Take pictures.

Scan/transfer the photos onto your computer and do the same with the tape recording/notes.

Post it to the internet.

Give me the link.

:p

Ever try Sid Meier's Alpha Centuari? I'm not sure if it was concitered to be in the civ. family of games or not ( same general game play as civ. 3, with a ton of differences). It was a hell of a fun game, and I'd reccomend it to anyone.

I think it's generally to be the "sequel" to Civ2... possibly and I'd maintain that it's infinitely better than civ 3 (which was quite frankly, AIDS) and probably still has the edge over Civ 4. It's strange that they can't just immitate the key to AC's success the different permutations of government. Civ 4's were... well, lame. The top level generally ALWAYS presented the best option.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Mrthumps

If you're still looking for something, consider given the Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War games a try.

Surprisingly fun and easy to get into even if you're not familar with the Warhammer universe.

• 4 weeks later...

Civilization 1,2,3 and 4 sid meir was the King of strategy games with this classic, others like railway tycoon 2. And what about Dune, the daddy of all real time strategy games...yeap really dated this old dos game but it laid the foundations for westwood to produce another classic command & conquer.

Hmm... That's a tough one.

As this is a Star Trek forum, how about Star Trek Armada?

It's a Sci-Fi community so it's not limited to Star Trek. Feel free to post about any game (even non-sci-fi) :)

Welcome to the forum btw :D

As for me. Settlers 5: Heritage of the King was a good game.

Some older games could be the Total Annihilation series

I still say "Imperial Glory".

It's a pretty nice game, try it and you'll like it (if you liked Total War series).

Also I hear a new Total War version has been released, again in the Middle Ages (2nd time I think). Don't know if it's good since I never played it (nor any other Total War game besides the very first: Shogun, which was darned good!).

Thank you TFMF for welcoming me to the site.

Any strategy game, hmmm.... How about Annals of Rome? It's an old 1986 game with CGA graphics but is one of the most complex games I've ever played, and hard too. At any time in the game you face up to 13 independent nations all trying to conquer as much of the Roman World as possible. You, playing the role of decision-maker of the Roman Empire, have to defend Rome from enemies striking from all sides. This task is complicated by internal politics and barbarian invasions. Successful players build up the Roman Empire by attacking the main rivals early on in the game, expanding the empire to emcompass the entire Roman World and defending it from wave after wave of barbarian onslaught. The game also requires you to maintain internal stability within the empire as frequent changes of emperor can leave the empire vulnerable to attack after successive civil wars. Annals of Rome is a great game and worth a try.

Does this site talk a great deal about strategy games?