Life After Black Nova

Megalith

Yesterday I died a horrific Death at the hands of the Warmongering Illuminati Alliance. Being dead is a shock as i now have a considerable amount of free time suddenly. So i decided to start a thread from beyond the grave for dead players to comment in.

So any dead Black Nova Players feel free to post comments here, Consider it as therapy after all being dead is a life changing event.

My biggest concern in the afterlife is the plight of my old Alliance DarkStar.

Anyways until the the universe is recreated with a new cosmic event my spirit will drift among my old sectors hopefully causing reality distortions to S0V13T who was responsible partially at least for my death.

Former Admiral Tyoch Naesbie Darkstar Alliance.

Just for the record, I'm 100% responsible for your death. I happened to catch you and mupi in the act of attacking one of my planets, and felt it necessery to defend them.

NiteShdw and I will do what we can to fill the afterlife up with friends new and old for you :)

Since you said that you have some free time, what do you think about getting a new game rocking? BNT is kinda getting a little dull (IMO). Got any ideas for a new webbased (or linux compatable 'proper', like Wolfenstine ET, Counter Strike Sourse, etc) game?

Wolfenstein would be good, tho it would take a while to get back into it like i was. I like the long term strategy thing with Black Nova tho. I cant think of any other online strategy games that take months to play thru... perhaps i could find something tho with my sparetime. Something like AOE would be good also. I think tho that for this site it would need to be Sci-fi related

As for 100% responsible, I would say my negligent action of failing to buy an escape pod or emergency warp certainly puts some percentage onto me for my demise lol. Kinda subconscious suicide lol.

Regarding a new game imo it would have to be free, cross platform or platform independent and take at least 2 weeks to play thru a game from start to finish and be sci-fi based or certainly sci-fi themeable . I will look into it and post some links in a fresh thread over the coming days.

staying alive, staying alive, uh, uh,uh,uh, staying aliiiiivvveeee.

still in the game...

waited on you to come back as a clone but....

you didn't....

so I grabbed what I could and started rebuilding for my third time..

Sov and Nite are grabbing my sectors when they find them but now I have a LOT.

knowing where everybody is located helps when they leave the game...

a good many of Starfleet left when things got rough on Darkstar.

suddenly I have new real estate and with colonizing new ones every day, my score is climbing to over 900,000.

a place I never expected to get.

if the game lasts long enough, I'll soon be at a level I can really fight back instead of using most of my turns to take and destroy one Illuminati planet at a time since they are everywhere. I really need an option where I can buy turns to play, LOL.....

seriously, in the next game, I think we have enough experience now to get to the top of the ranking list....

we just need money money money.

seriously, in the next game, I think we have enough experience now to get to the top of the ranking list....

we just need money money money.

That, and a strong desire for vengence... :)

To come back as a clone, you have to be a lot lower in level than the guy killing you. Then the federation decides due to the "heinous nature" of the crime, they have decided to bring you back as a clone....

mike

You know, I'm not really one to give pointers to others, but I'm finding it very surprising that there has been no attempt to band together, and attempt any kind of counter attack, or resistance. It seems that NiteShdw and myself have won yet again, if people are already calling for a reset.

What remaining (i.e. living) players should be doing is banding together to fight a common enemy (ie Nite and myself) intead of splintering off and forming new 1 -5 man alliances, that make communications, intellegence gatrhering, and resource sharing that much more difficult. If you all banded together, you could take Nite and mysef out with ease.

Another free piece of advice, one of the players still alive found the sector where I keep all my credits. 170 trillion credits (at the time) could have been quite the plunder Some how they managed to scan ALL the planets in that sector that all had modest defences, EXCEPT my main bank. I couldn't believe my eyes when I read and re-read my logs.

If you want to spend the countless hours waiting for the next reset with some other game, I can recommend the attached little game. Just open it with any browser. It's really neat. But imo also kind of hard especially in the beginning (and probably near the end, haven't gotten there yet).

At least it will keep you from being bored.

Have fun. :p

ninja.zip

S0V13T Said "I'm finding it very surprising that there has been no attempt to band together, and attempt any kind of counter attack, or resistance. It seems that NiteShdw and myself have won yet again"

The other alliances are all still alive and well, so in what way is this a victory to Nite and S0V13T? resistance comes in many forms:-

“To fight and conquer in all our battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.â€ÂÂ

The 'Aggression' excerted by the illuminati for no reason other than to bully other alliances into a futile attack on the territories owned by them is kind of like a wolf killing a goose and then saying come on geese i dare you to take one of mine.... sure the geese could take on a wolf given enough of them but they are not wolves and there are more of them.

Resistance is not becoming the enemy but is continuing regardless of the actions of the enemy.In this way i applaud the many many victories by the allinces in their resistance to the costly dumb and futile aggressive actions taken by the illuminati who are losing not only the war they are after but the plot also.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...