New animated 'Clone Wars'

Antilles

At first I thought 'Hang on, hes done this!' then I read it was going to be 3D generated but unfortunately not voiced by the original prequel cast (shame).

But if its anything compared to what 'The New Captain Scarlet' s quality was like, or even better we should be in for a treat.

I know its the Lucas money machine in operation again but I wasnt keen on the animators Cartoon Network style a couple years back so Ill enjoy this.

http://edition.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/TV/10/05/people.lucas.ap/index.html

The went for the full on Manga style and got the same guy who did Samurai Jack to do Clone Wars, his humour worked quite well but the stlye may have been a bit innapropriate for Star Wars.

Unfortunately, thats the way cartoons are now, if they're not entrenched in Japanese styles they just don't seem right to people. If Clone Wars had been done in a more normal cartoon style eveyone would have thought it looked like KIng of the Hill.

Guest Mrthumps
I love Manga but the Samurai Jack look just didnt do anything for me' date=' now, if it was full on Manga thatd been wicked![/quote']

I agree if it were to go full blown anime style and get the japanese to make the show then it would look amazing.

Samurai Jack is just over-rated americanized anime wannabe that people think is actual manga/anime style.

Clone wars looks like crap to me and if the "new series" is going to be the same it will be crap as well.

Star Wars is indeed heading the same way as Star Trek and sadly Lucas isn't going to leave anytime soon.

Unfortunately, that's true.

I sometimes think that it would be a good idea to go back in time and assasinate Lucas a few years prior to the Phantom Menace, to time it right so that he hadn't started properly writing the script, but that it wan't too early to jeapordise the production of the prequels, then someone else would have taken over and they might have been genuinely awsome.

He says that he'll be heavily involved in the first season of the live action TV series and then hand it over to someone else, which will probably mean one crap season then 4 brilliant ones.

Sadly, I'm so jaded where Lucas is concered (see the Lord of the Rings by George Lucas) all I read there was "Lucas prepares to take fan abuse to new levels". If he's writing, directing or producing I just won't bother going near it.

The Clone Wars cartoon was great, IMO... to be honest though outside of Samuel L Jackson and Iain McDiarmond I'd not say that any of the prequels cast are terribly important.

I can't be the only one that thought McGregor's impression of Obi Wan sucked?

Also - how can it be a continuation of the cartoon if the cartoon went up to the start of Episode III and Episode III ended the clone wars.

All the new Star Wars prequals were computer generated so this I assume will only be inferior to those computer generated effects.

Lets be honest no one wants to see the clone wars they want to see Darth Vadar and Fett bashing people in the time when Luke and Leia are growing up.........is Lucas frightened to touch on that in case he pollutes the original trilogy?

If Lucas was afraid of "polluting" the original trilogy, he wouldn't have gone back and done the special editions and messed around with Han shooting first.

I imagine that Lucas is loathe to touch stuff between episode III and IV is because it'll basically be about the bad guys winning.

Now I was actually a fan of the Samurai Jack style (which was a derivative of the Disney 'Atlantis' style). It was a more visual-artistic style than most others which fit well with the lightsaber duels.

McGregor seemed to enounciate with The Phantom Menace which is the only annoying thing about that film. I think once he settled into the role of Jedi Knight and stopped saying MAARRRR-ster it was a whole lot better. I didn't notice it in EpII or EpIII.

Clone Wars CG - Heard about it last year, sounded okay. I like the idea of having more Clone Wars action than we were restricted to with the Genndy series.

• 1 month later...

I would be very supportive of clone wars going CG. It would allow the cartoon makers for that show to really go out there and do great things, much better than what they could achieve with traditional 2D cartoon-making techniques. Instead of little battles that look like something out of comic books they can make something that looks like a super cool computer game, unfolding before your eyes. In this way lucasfilm would be able to unleash the clone wars in a way that was only visible in computer games and more importantly, in prequel (TPM, AOTC, ROTS) quality CG!

Wasn't the real problem with the Prequels that it concerned itself with the Clone Wars but actually really only bookended it?

I'm hoping that the Prequels get remade in 10-20 years and I'll be able to use my Jedi Mind Trick to get onboard. Then we'll see some Jedis with boobs.

What is your obsession with top heavy Jedi Tenebrae? Perhaps your a lot like the bearded wonder.........who seamed to get some kind of perverse kick out of using surgical tape on Ms Fishers lady lumps! Then being sure to tell everyone on every special edition Star Wars release from here to the sun.....and laughing about it! Surely this kind of content only has a place on a German fetish web site...not a VHS rated PG?

Never mind the old jedi mind trick, Ive got the old one handed bra trick!