Strange dos box appeared?

gamer1978

Hi I was just using firefox browsing this helpful forum and a strange thing happened. A disc defragmentor dos style box opened up by its self i dont no if it was a pop up didn't look like one.

Any body no what the hell?

The attachment is a screenshot I took and anybody no of a good firefox 2 black theme.

screenshot.JPG.05a48996bf10ee3d75b57aa43f793ca8.JPG

First time I seen this and hasnt happened again.

It cant be related to my previus post as this is another pc that was never infected with that spyware/malware.

And I have never seen this either thats why I thought id post. The time was 1.00am maybe its a new windows feature or something to do with that sysinternal stuff posted in another thread.

I don't think I have any scheduled scans set and don't they usually run in the background. Also I was using Firefox on this site at the time (couldn't you tell) so it cant be a popup.

Yeah looks like it's a scheduled task from mcafee I thought I turned all that stuff off.

here is a small screen of my scheduled tasks.

Is anybody interested in a copy of my wallpaper I edited it was an nvidia wallpaper originally and I replaced the fairy with a half life creature cant remember what thier called.

http://www.conceptual-flux.net/images/screens/nvidia_half.JPG

sched.JPG.9e3617e2f0a7932d65c0b27c2bb3a5c6.JPG

• 4 weeks later...

I use executive software it's a defrag tool thats much much better than the ms one and it can be set to run when you are out :) maybe it thought you was out lol

cannot see how it got on your machine unless someone put it there it noe a free one

Yikes, another spyware scare. I have so many anti-virus and anti-spyware programs running on my computer that I, ah no point complaining.

If they are all running at once that can be worse than just having one anti-spyware/anti-virus program as they can somtimes interfere with each other.

If they are all running at once that can be worse than just having one anti-spywear/anti-virus program as they can somtimes interfere with each other.

I second that.  Not only does it not help very much, but the overhead and system slowdown of having several programs scan every single file you open is disgusting.

(Psst... how's the Bond nudification program going, TFMF? ... 'anti-spywear'.  Just get one of those 'one per episode' female side kicks to do the job. ;))

If they are all running at once that can be worse than just having one anti-spywear/anti-virus program as they can somtimes interfere with each other.

I second that.  Not only does it not help very much, but the overhead and system slowdown of having several programs scan every single file you open is disgusting.

(Psst... how's the Bond nudification program going, TFMF? ... 'anti-spywear'.  Just get one of those 'one per episode' female side kicks to do the job. ;))

Oh - oops :D

My spelling is terrible. :P

• 3 weeks later...

With Anti-virus progs never run more than one (they confuse each other as mentioned already) however with spyware 2 or 3 is recommended by many people.

Recently i got CyberdefenderFREE it not only does antivirus and anti spyware but also has spam filters email protection and scam filters all updated daily and all free it can be found at http://cyberdefender.com/