your favorite helm officer

Soval

...Anyway, was O'Brien at the helm on the Defiant? He gets my vote.

Don't recall ever seeing O'Brien at the helm of the Defiant (with the exception of the Mirror Universe Defiant).

I do recall him being at the helm on a couple of occasions of the Enterprise - D, both main and battle bridge. ;D

• 3 weeks later...

You all have great ones, i mean we have to admit they were all dynamicaly different. But how can you just reject the cheekybutt hole that is Tom Paris? The man who had the dream for the delat flyer! He was just so full of ideas that it made the serso much fun to watch. I mean how many episoded were basdoff his irish city program? or the delta flyer? or his relationship with Belana?

So i guess you can say in my opinion he is my favorit, but i am the new guy so why listen to me  ;D

- Zebin

Fair Haven and Sprit Folk were the episodes with the Irish holoprogram. They were.......interesting, shall we say? ;)

I suppose the relationship he had with Belana was quite good and they had some nice moments, although i think Dax and Worf's relationship was better.

First of all i need a new keyboard, i have no idea why my spelling is so messed up. So sorry if anyone had trouble reading.

Next yes they are great but Paris...i just love the guy....not in a...well ya know...way. He was just really cool.

- Zebin

"...The man who had the dream for the delta flyer!..."

I hated the final design of the Delta Flyer - and to say that the design was totally his is somewhat flawed since it collectively took Tuvok, 7, Belanna, and the Engineering Staff to build it.

As I say though hated that ship, and hated Paris for putting in those pointless levers and switches. I mean what what what????

And again in Voyager, lost in the Delta Quadrent and seemingly low in resources yet they always seem to have enough to repair and rebuild shuttle craft, the Delta Flyer was blown up and soon enough they had built a replacement.

Tom's character though became bland, and you didn't really get to see much of his piloting skills in all honesty. They should have kept with the character from the Pilot.

I kinda disagree with what your saying. Although i respect your opinion about the Delta Flyer it may have been built by many but it was the brain child of Tom Paris. Yet that is just my idea, i can see what your saying.

- Zebin

Yeah but the final design was not what Tom wanted - I mean that shuttle would have looked so much better with the dynametric tail fines.

And from the grey modelling - I dont think that the Final Delta Flyer resembles that prototype much.

To me it was a flying wedge.

However, I do think that the Type 12 Shuttle is possibly the nicest design to come from Trek (in terms of Shuttlecraft, closely followed only by the Runabout)

doh_type12_10.jpg180px-Uss_yangtzee_kiang%2C_emissary.jpg

Guest Mrthumps
" post="126307" timestamp="1169914082"]

....with a special mention for Councillor Troy in TNG Generations - first (and last) time she took the helm she drove into a planet :P

Typical women drivers  :D ;) :P

and yes, it's gotta be Sulu

Yeah but the final design was not what Tom wanted

I think this goes back to your original argument that they didn't have (or shouldn't have had) the resources to build such a craft. So obviously they made some compromises. And in the end i think it looked better without the fins.

I think Voyager did astronomically well for being able to desgin and build a new shuttlecraft.

The general idea is that they did a little too well for such a small vessel out in the middle of no where...

Voyager has actually built quite a lot of interesting objects over their little trek...

- 2 Delta Flyers.

- god-knows how many shuttles.

- Borg-enhanced-multi-spacial probes.

- The ship - well how much repairs have they conducted over the years??? Half the ship was destroyed in Deadlock which they repaired quite quickly...

Let's see... Sulu is the only one I can really think of. TNG usually had ensign no-one at the helm, DS9 seemed to operate a rota for flying the ship, Paris was irritating and Mayweather was a non-entity... So yeah, I think that Sulu kind of wins by default for me.

On the Delta Flyer - yeah, it's pretty much a miracle that the Voyager crew managed to make not one but TWO ships that could pretty much beat the pants off anything that wasn't 10 times its size.

• 1 month later...

...TNG usually had ensign no-one at the helm...

Well, they had Ensign Crusher for a while (until Wil Wheaton thought he could 'do better'). I never liked him anyway.

I think that just proves Tenebrae's point ;)

And they also had Ro for a short time.

• 5 months later...