Sci Fi Theme Tunes

Ulysses

seeing as someone mentioned battle of the planets here is a link to a site where you can hear it (always remembered this as a kid lol).

another cartoon that had a good theme was Ulysses 31 as well (also liked the series as well a mixture of sci-fi and mythology...coooool

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Um... don't know, but they were both that Dum dum-dum-dum dummmmmmm, DUM DUM da-da da-da-da-dum, DUMDUM, da-da da-da-DUM-DUM (yeah, don't you love my singing voice!!)

http://www.frogstar.com/wav/displaywav.asp?fil=hhgthme.wav

The best version of the hitch hikers theme is the original: 'The journey of the sorceror - by the Eagles' - check it out!

For me Dr Who will always be the greatest - but which version? personally like the following - 1980 - 83 version (the Davison years), then the 1996 version (McGann) and the new version (Ecceleston)

Of the Treks, I like Voyager theme the best.

I thought the mirror universe theme they used for ENT 4x18 last night was pretty cool, too!

Stargate SG-1 (based on the original movie themes, of course) and Stargate Atlantis are pretty high on my list.

But my favorite TV theme of all time...drumroll...The Flying Nun! And they actually wrote stupid lyrics to it for one eplisode I think, that Sally Field had to try to sing.

Interesting that I should choose this topic for my first-ever post after lurking for a while.

Pat :p

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The 5th Doctor Who theme is my favorite as well, but if I'm in a disco type mood then Space 1999 is where it's at.

I also like the original BSG theme as far as symphonic type themes go.

And Battle of the Planets as far as animated series go

1) Doctor Who (any variation / remix)

2) Battlestar Galactica (the new one)

3) Star Trek TOS (awesome to whistle, and hum)

4) Star Trek: Enterprise, from the first 2 seasons really grew on me, but I just can't get into the latter version.

5) In a Mirror, Darkly

Blake's 7! yeah, that was a good theme.

I always liked the later era DS9 theme too, the faster and more punchy version. This could be while I like the new Dr. Who theme as well, it's got a nice upbeat and Murray Gold has really added something to it with the other instruments in the background.

I also love the HHGTTG theme...that made me smile when they used it in the new movie.

I also love the HHGTTG theme...that made me smile when they used it in the new movie.

As I said, 'Journey of the Sorcerer' by the Eagles was great ^_^

... and the original Battlestar Galactica theme really is great live at a classical concert ^^

Edit: Now, if only I could track down the rendition they used in the movie...

The 5th Doctor Who theme is my favorite as well' date=' but if I'm in a disco type mood then Space 1999 is where it's at.

I also like the original BSG theme as far as symphonic type themes go.

And Battle of the Planets as far as animated series go

which season of space 1999, season one was good, season two's tune wasnt so good.

as for star treks TV series tunes, sorry to say this but i think all of em sucked abit, unless its the actual movie themes which are quite good to listen to.

I'm not sure which season of Space 1999 I saw, but the theme had a beat you could dance. The show was really dry and boring to me so I only ever watched a couple. I do have the comic books though and they weren't too bad.

I was also thinking about some other theme songs and I totally realized that "The Six Million Dollar Man's" opening theme song/voiceover is really cool.

"Steve Austin, astronaut...a man barely alive.....gentlemen we can rebuild him....we have the technology......we have the capability to make the worlds first bionic man......he'll be better than was before...better....stronger....FASTER......

Awesome!!!!1

I also liked the opening theme to Gil Gerards version of "Buck Rogers" You can tell that this show was heavily influnced by the disco era as well. Same thing for the original Battlestar Galactica, except they gave this theme more of a star wars feel by making it symphonic

As I said, 'Journey of the Sorcerer' by the Eagles was great ^_^

... and the original Battlestar Galactica theme really is great live at a classical concert ^^

Edit: Now, if only I could track down the rendition they used in the movie...

I loved the movie version of BSG, lucky that you heard the concert theme live!

I was always fond of Project: UFO...quite a sinister theme and of course, Captain Scarlet!