Sad to see the tracker go

dmaximus

I currently have a site doing nothing. It's up 24/7 with 25GB of disc space and 1.5TB of B/W a month. I can do torrent tracker or DC hub. Of course it can't be public so it's just for us sci-fi nuts! I would love to help out if I can. I can reg domains for a $1.99 so the I won't have anything but that in it. The hosting is pre-paid for the next two years so I won't be requiring anything but users and torrents.

Unfortuanatly this site is entirly legal now so we can't help you out with 'torrent matters'.

However Niteshdw may be interested in your service for hosting the forum and other sites hosted on NiteSciFi.com since he is currently paying $60 a month for the server he's currently using.

A Bittorrent Tracker is a server which directs uploading and downloading of packets on BitTorrent. It is also' date=' without any extension to the existing protocol, the only major single point of failure as peers require to communicate with it at regular intervals to receive up-to-date information[/quote']

Google

I'd also like to point out rule number 6 from the Posting Rules on this forum:

6. Do NOT Post Torrents' date=' Links to torrents or links to torrent sites. [/b']

-- Any post that contains a torrent attachment, a URL to a torrent / torrent site will be deleted, and the user will be banned, no exceptions. This rule is in place to protect NiteShdw from lawsuits that we have been threatened with.

Also we do not allow information, links, or any other form of posts regarding the other various P2P networks / torrent sites. When in doubt, check with a moderator via PM before posting anything that may get NiteShdw in trouble.

Since this topic could lead to somewhere we don't want...

Rule #6 was the best thing that happened during the S0V13T Administration. Well, Rule #6 being amended, Fenriswolf getting a promotion, the mass bannings, being quoted in news reports all over the internet. For two weeks, I was the digital re-encarnation of the Great Soviet Superman, Josef Stalin!

HERE HERE! You did one helluva job there too S0V. Don't think for one single moment that we don't appreciate your wisdom and sage advice...

With that said...can I borrow $20? ;)

c4 :)

Guest Mrthumps
HERE HERE! You did one helluva job there too S0V. Don't think for one single moment that we don't appreciate your wisdom and sage advice...

With that said...can I borrow $20? ;)

c4 :)

Agreed, after all...s0v was the one who finally rid this fine forum of the plague that was troy. ;)