The Runaway Bride

Fenriswolf

• 3 weeks later...

Well I thoroughly enjoyed The Runaway Bride, a good mix of action, comedy & drama, and boy, did I love the way the TARDIS 'took off' at the end, made a change from the simple vanishing theyve used for 40+ years. Although I hope they dont get rid of that completely, gotta have the traditional materialising.

The car chase was quite amusing, bouncing all over some cars lol. Also it was so unconvincingly Christmas Time, all the trees were green, where were we? Acupulco?

And awww, poor Doctor ya had to feel sorry for him, he just about blubbed when he said Rose's name at the end. But fear not Doctor that Marth Jones looks like a hottie, and a nurse too, weyhey!

Slightly off topi-ish, did anyone see the Torchwood Finale trailer just after the show (for all you stateside folk who might get from *ahem* another source) wow, I sooo love the look of that

walking Demon/Horned beast thing striding over the city scape, cant wait to see the whole thing in action and what it implies for the future of the series, hope we get to see more awesome creatures like that!

I thought the epislode was fantastic. I think RS got it perfectly - comedy and drama worked perfectly in this episode. The Rose references made it sad as well. The car chase was cool and they had some amazing scenes for the TARDIS.

Looking forward to season 3! :)

WAY too much sonic screwdriver. -_-'... it's gone beyond sonic and into magic.

"Ooh! Let's unlock a spider web with the screwdriver!"  -_-'... *sigh*  The worst screwdriver abuses of the old series (and much of the new) can't even compare to what they've done with it here.  I'm amazed he didn't just point the thing at the ship and have it go *BOOM*.  It's crazy.

Thank goodness that Catherine Tate didn't end up as the next companion... she is VERY annoying. -_-'

Does anyone else find that Tenant's doctor says 'Impossible' a lot?

"Gravity pulls things downwards!"

"That's impossible!  Well, not really impossible, actually certainly, but impossible!"

... for someone who's supposed to be scientific, he calls a lot of things he sees 'impossible'. XD

Other than those details, it was a great show. ^^

The "Impossible" lines are clearly meant to be one of this regeneration's character traits. Expect to hear it uttered time and again until Tennant is replaced.

Great episode. I have zero previous experience with Catherine Tate so she didn't bother me. No doubt if she became a regular character it would become rather abrasive, but as a one shot deal I thought she was rather funny. I'm looking forward to the Black Dalek's and the Face of Boe's return in Season 3.

Had it not been for Catherine Tate, I might well have enjoyed this episode. Tate being one whit away from "AM I BOVVERED?!" was a continual nuisance...

The Dr. going - oh, I can't lose someone else! Was a bit much... I suppose I just disliked the wedding angle, seemed a bit much really. Even if the plot did kind of justify it.

Although, that said - the fact that the Raknos slag managed to fill up the groom with the Huon energy in about five seconds rather indicates the flaw in the plan. Whatever happened to that old staple - kidnapping members of staff? Also - how did emptying the Thames (and let's not get started on the improbability of that happening in 2 minutes) stop the ship at the centre of the Earth? The tanks destroying the starfish was nice... but you'd have thought that fighter jets would probably have been a bit more realistic? Still, I thought aside from Tate, it was a good effort. No doubt, another massive event to be glossed over though.

I thought that BBC had screwed up at the beginning - interesting how they started the Christmas ep exactly the same as last years - with the shot of earth and the moon - I hope that they dont use that for every Christmas special.

I also wondered about that. They've used that same scene on several occasions now. I think they even used it at the beginning of Torchwood.

Guest Mrthumps

I thought that BBC had screwed up at the beginning - interesting how they started the Christmas ep exactly the same as last years - with the shot of earth and the moon - I hope that they dont use that for every Christmas special.

I also wondered about that. They've used that same scene on several occasions now. I think they even used it at the beginning of Torchwood.

It's probably just a re-used shot to save money.

I have no idea who Cathrine Tate is so like a few others I don't see what the issue with her being other than her character needing a good slap. The special itself wasn't too shabby and I found it enjoyable.