Favorite car

wahaha

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually wahaha you are wrong(not trying to be rude) but the 1988 Calloway Corvette "Sledgehammer" is faster than the McLaren F1.

Not to burst the bubble, since my original post, a new contender has broken all the records. Bugatti, now under control of the geniuses at VW / Audi. The Veyron hits 60 in 2.5 seconds in 1st gear, and is electronically limitied to 253. It can of course, go to light speed. As witnessed in the video clip below.

nov18bug.jpg

As quoted by Jeremey Clarkson from the Top Gear review. You can let the mclaren get to 100 mph before setting off in the Veyron, and the Veyron will still beat the mclaren to 200. Top Gear 7x05.

As for the morgan. It was tested on Top Gear as well. I forget how they felt about it, but I believe the car is constructed of wood. It has a unique shape, but I'm more for safety and tech gadgets in my Audi.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

And now it's official. The VEYRON is faster 0-100;100-0 than a suzuki gsx1000, and some exclusive high end cars!

http://www.rsportscars.com/eng/articles/autocar_0-100-0.asp

"The 1890kg Bugatti ripped through the gears to hit 60mph in 2.8sec and 100mph in an astonishing 5.5sec. It then stopped in just 3.4sec' date=' giving a 0-100-0mph time of 9.9sec" (or 8.9 because of miscalculation theories).[/quote']

Some tests though set the 0-60 at 2.5 sec. And that's faster than the calloway corvette 3.9, and I'm sure it can beat the top speed as well at 253+

Guest dhorse

I'm not sure what my favorite is. Probably one of the Group C racers. Maybe the Peugeot 905B, or the Porsche 962C. I would love to see some of those cars go up against modern LMP cars like the Audi R8's and R10's, or the Pescarolo C60's.

I once drove a Porche Cayenne... and I fell in love. It was like being held in a wonderful hug. Power, responsivness, amazing sound... Yum

My only beef is the horrid gas milage. I just have an issue with cars that get less than 30 MPG... although I'm gonna wait till they get to 50 MPG to get my next car.

Was it the twin turbo Cayenne? Now THAT can legally be recognized as an SUV

450HP, over 165mph.

Anything from any other automaker is bullsht and marketing fraud. And if you think your ford or chevy is an SUV, you should be shot into a black hole, to die horribly.

• 6 months later...