nasa competition

werecow

NASA has launched a new competition to help develop new techonologies toward cheaper methods of leaving earth...the link??

http://www.geek.com/news/geeknews/2005Mar/gee20050325029744.htm

additional links for further info

http://www.elevator2010.org/site/competitionTether2005.html

http://www.elevator2010.org/site/competitionClimber2005.html

any thoughts...ideas...can we win using an old PII 400????

yeah but i bet they got a biiiiiig tax write off for it too.....imagine how many years you could use a 2o mil tax write off.......besides i got a head start on the cable all i need is the propulsion system... i got a 55 gal. barrel of carbontube nanites growing in my back yard hungry lilttle buggers they are...eat 5o or 6o lbs of coal a day.....

That's a good idea. It leaves Universities and individual investors with good ideas who would otherwise be ignored by the government a chance to prove their worth. Some really good ideas just might come out of this...just watch...

I would agree there. It would take big bucks for the contest. It took Virgin & Apple $20,000,000.00 to take the $10,000,000.00 prize for the X contest.

I just think it was all stunt by X prize ppl it was never meant for small ppl to get it, just hate ppl; like that, they should have had 50 million US$ prize and than say if you do it we'll give you all this...

When is this due by? Anyone here an engineer? A good engineer who has a degree in engineering and wants to make a few bucks?

I've been contemplating a concept for photovoltic transmission of electical power in buildings/houses. Basically a house with no wires in the walls (my fathers an electirican, my great uncle was an electrician, my great-great uncle was an electrician and sometimes I work for them or their union, being lazy, i've always wanted a way to avoid having to pull cables other then hiding in the bathroom)

I can see no reason that my concepts wouldn't work in the competition, with perhaps a very high percentage of energy conversion. The variable would be the rover itself.

Like I'm going to tell you all the details? Ha, it's my ticket to early retirement in Aspen. So who wants to share it with me?

When is this due by? Anyone here an engineer? A good engineer who has a degree in engineering and wants to make a few bucks?

I've been contemplating a concept for photovoltic transmission of electical power in buildings/houses. Basically a house with no wires in the walls (my fathers an electirican, my great uncle was an electrician, my great-great uncle was an electrician and sometimes I work for them or their union, being lazy, i've always wanted a way to avoid having to pull cables other then hiding in the bathroom)

I can see no reason that my concepts wouldn't work in the competition, with perhaps a very high percentage of energy conversion. The variable would be the rover itself.

Like I'm going to tell you all the details? Ha, it's my ticket to early retirement in Aspen. So who wants to share it with me?

photovolitc you say :cyclops: :cyclops: :cyclops: :cyclops:

• 4 weeks later...

Just need a couple of vital components to enter my hyper drive version 1.0 to enter for the contest. Anyone got a couple of fusion cell and plasma converter to spare? No? How about flux capacitors?

:p :p :p

Just need a couple of vital components to enter my hyper drive version 1.0 to enter for the contest. Anyone got a couple of fusion cell and plasma converter to spare? No? How about flux capacitors?

:p :p :p

how about a good supply of fissionable blasting materials.....

j/k a quote for a robot story i read b4 the effbeeeye kicks my door in....uh oh.....i gotta go now....

I've a degree in chemical engineering. Any EEs here, we could team up!

Hey Im a year away from getting a degree in chemE! I was thinking of someday expoanding on gerALD Bulls ideas on alternative ways of getting to space. I always was fascinated with large cannons such as the nazis pulse chamber gun that was supposed to shell london. thats the way to space accelerate on the ground!

• 4 weeks later...