Niteshire Second Coming.

Megalith

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nobody was killed, so nobody should vote. This whole attempted killing thing, I believe is a misdirection away from a legitimate investigation.

I think that he just fell down a flight of stairs after watching "An American Werewolf in London" in a drunken stupor, got a little confused when he woke up, and is making up stories to save face.

My vote is against mupi, for making up stories, and trying to misdirect us.

Guest Keyser Soze

Hey My Keyser Soze , the police officer...  you forgot to arrest me for attempted murder.  I oughta suspect you for that much alone...  then again, my suspicions are clearly founded while yours aren't so I'd have to let it slide. ;)

There's a difference between being a suspect and being arrested because you are a suspect. Last I checked, you don't have to be arrested in order to be a suspect in an investigation. However, annoying and harassing is an offense.

At this point, you are merely a suspect like the others listed but your constant and continued accusations to others is making you yourself appear to be guilty. What proof or alibi can you offer that makes you as innocent as you claim other than "he did it because I said so".

As well, right now we do not know the full intent of the attack on mupi. All we know is that he was assaulted and injured. The fact that you sir are claiming it was intended murder and not just a simple bar fight or something else makes you look even more guilty in my eyes.

As of now, I am setting up a tip line so people can anonymously give information without being forced to identify themselves. Any and all tips will only be used in the light of the investigation and nothing more.

Nobody was killed, so nobody should vote. This whole attempted killing thing, I believe is a misdirection away from a legitimate investigation.

I think that he just fell down a flight of stairs after watching "An American Werewolf in London" in a drunken stupor, got a little confused when he woke up, and is making up stories to save face.

My vote is against mupi, for making up stories, and trying to misdirect us.

The main problem is that the doctors and nurses are keeping him doped up to the point where he cannot be properly interviewed.

It is getting to the point where I'm considering bringing obstruction charges against the medical staff because of this.   

While clearing out the stockroom here in the Tourisim H.Q., I happened to find a book taped to the underside of a shelf.

Excerpts from "I, Fiend"

by Prof. Puffinstuff

[...]

The 'fiend' sub-species seem to follow three laws from my research,

1) A fiend must not kill another fiend.

2) A fiend must kill every 24 - 48 hours to stay alive.

3) A fiend must do everything in it's power to avoid detection.

[...]

Chapter 1: On the Origin of the Fiends

Little is known about the root cause of "Fiendom". The first recorded case, was in 34 bc written in the ships log of a Roman Galleon, where every day, a crew member was killed, untill it was just the ships cook, and the captian left. After a valient one on one battle, the captian was able to subdue the mutated blood thirsty cook, and write about it.

[...]

It has been told in lore through out the ages that the Fiedom can be contracted in a variety of ways including:

- Contaminated water.

- Devil Worship.

- Masturbation.

- Mixing body fluids from another fiend.

- Damning from the Gods.

It has even been suggested that Fiendom is a mutated strain of e-coli 554 can be contracted by mearly touching a surface that afiend has touched in the past 24 - 72 hours. [hand written note in the margin reads "wash hands often", and is circled in red pen.]

Chapter 2: Know Yourself, and know Your Fiend

Spotting a fiend, is as they say, not so easy. One infected with Fiendom will not display any obvious symptoms while in the dormant 'human' state. It is only once a fiend transforms into their natural state, be it a werewolf, zombie, or other terrifying monster.

It is speculated that the fiend is always in their natural terrifying state, but only APPERARS to be human through a mix of their unique brains generating a higher level of Alpha waves, specialized pheramones, hybred chamelion DNA, and other unidentified methods.

Nothing much to go on.  Except (turns down the lights so he's in a flickering shadow):

I do wonder if our Professor of Archeology has maybe unearthed something in the past.  Something unnatural.  Perhaps something unholy.  Something that has changed him from what he once was...

I dont know what your implying  ;)

Anyway yes i have found something....from one of the books S0V managed to clear out i found out that our little town of niteshire was once a bog known as Wolfton where dead wolves were burried. It was considered a scared place and the building of niteshire has no doubt annoyed them...trust megalith to choose an ancient burial ground  for our new town ::)

I havent decided who im going to vote...no ones really stuck out past the accusations

(this game is so cluedo)

Why don't I make a quick resume of all the votes so far (it starts getting confusing imo):

Amnot Borg: NiteShdw, TFMF,

mupi: Arktis, S0V13T,

Arktis: mupi,

Hilander72: gathererhade,

TFMF: Keyser Soze,

gathererhade: Hilander72,

S0V13T: kyran,

I think that is the score so far, unless I missed something somewhere. Looks like everybody is pointing at everybody, which is to be expected given the amount of clues so far... virtually none...

Amnot Borg and mupi seem to be the fallguys so far, with mupi in the lead.

the vote will be at midnight GMT folks. Thanks TetsuoShima for doing that summery, saves me the trouble lol. several people havent voted yet and the non vote is a vote for yourselves. A lot of villagers are congregating in the Full Moon Public House, looks like people are believing its safety in numbers then. Strange how mupi was attacked at an event that the entire population was present at.

The Mayor has called on the police to summon all villagers (except mupi who is in hospital and still sedated) to the Town Hall for a debate on what fiend carried out this attack.

After sorting through at least 2 letters down at the post office i slump myself in my chair and sigh

"man, all these letters. So much work..."

I look over the two letters and notice somthing odd. One of the letters was addressed to a Mr.....hmm the letters were smudged. I couldn't make out the name. Checking over the address i noticed somthing else odd...

13 Elm Road

Wolfton

"Wolfton?" I asked myself...hmm... I put the letter aside for now. But where on earth was Wolfton.

Guest Keyser Soze

Amnot Borg: NiteShdw, TFMF,

mupi: Arktis, S0V13T,

Arktis: mupi,

Hilander72: gathererhade,

TFMF: Keyser Soze,

gathererhade: Hilander72,

S0V13T: kyran,

Umm...I haven't actually made a vote yet much less voted for Mr. Fox. The idea of him not being trusted was/is based upon a tip from a trusted CI that is very aware of how things work in this place.

I'm still trying to decide between my top 2 suspects which are Amnot Borg and Arktis.

However, if I'm asked then I'm going to vote for Arktis as not only does their story not seem straight but the fact that as nurse they have access to the drugs that are currently keeping mupi from being able to clearly identify his attacker much less remian coherent enough to give a proper interview. Obstruction of justice is a serious crime my friend. Finally, it was Arktis that cried "attempted murder" before anyone else when the attack looked to be nothing more than an assault. How would Arktis know the true intent of the attack unless they are linked or are in fact the attacker themself.

looks like it could be the work of an inexperinced wolf...leaving the victim alive that is

Oh TFMF did my package arrive from the university?

Hmmmm, suspicious... ;)

Let's make it a tradition, vote Tablet. ;)

Ok a little harsh and my only lead unfortunatly...I vote Hilander 72 soz man

It's clear to me that there are 3 clear suspects right now.

Arktis - as they are clearly trying to keep mupi drugged up to not be able to give a clear statement as well as they are continuing to point the fingers at everyone else, mupi included.

Amnot Borg - because they immediately tried to dismiss mupi's ability to even try to point who could have attacked as well as they were one of the first to point the fingers at another citizen of this town.

TFMF - because you can never trust a fox in the post office.... ::)

who did I point a finger at? besides Keyser Soze?

reminds me... I vote Keyser Soze.

cops are supposed to prevent animal attacks.

Yes you are.  That's part of your job.

It wasn't in my job description...

Besides...the villiage has 5's of 10's of people in it, it's impossible to deliver everyones packages to such a large population....

I'm the PostMASTER, TFMF.  What I say is in your job description is in your job description.  :)

Now where did you put Tablet's package?  Sorry Tablet.  It's so hard to get good help nowadays.

It's not that I don't want anyone to vote, kyran. It's a case of me being, what the kids call a "rules lawyer".

From the first post the games set up / rules):

"Two of the villagers are fiends (selected randomly). Each night, at midnight, they will eat one of the other villagers. Only i know who the fiends are. The next morning the villagers will wake up to find the mauled corpse of their fellow townsman. panicking, the villagers must now vote on who they think one of the fiends is so that they can be banished from NiteShire"

Show me the dead body, and I'll put it as the focal point of the town tour.

We have an injured man that is recovering, not a mauled corpse.

The way the rules are clearly defined no dead body = no vote. The rules say nothing about 'failed atacks', or people getting hurt.

This is an illegal vote, and the only reason I'm voting, is becuase I don't want to NOT vote and get a vote against me.