[Poll] What Web Browser do you use?

I assume you're talking about Safari for Windows? Or do you have Macs?

I'm using Safari on a mac. I got a win computer too, but i never tried the safari beta for windows.

shame safari has more security vulnerabilities than ie tho or i'd use it

Where did you get this information?

I'd like to know more ;)

I'm using Safari on a mac. I got a win computer too, but i never tried the safari beta for windows.

Opera for windows > ALL

:P

shame safari has more security vulnerabilities than ie tho or i'd use it

Where did you get this information?

I'd like to know more ;)

Just do a google search on it, you'll be burried in usefull results. Every day they find more holes. It isn't big new anymore as it was the first week, but it's really the worst browser for windows you can find. Not just security, but also web compatibility. It is of course a beta... So, no doubt it will improve, it had to improve dramatically though, for me to want to switch to it.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Safari!!

It's the fastest webbrowser. Opera may be good but it's slower than safari, firefox and IE. :D

Well, something I hadn't heard of before, but Safari is not nearly as fast as it was made out to be.

I just ran into this link on a review about Opera 9.5 bèta 2 which explains why it's not nearly as fast as most tests show it to be:

http://www.howtocreate.co.uk/safaribenchmarks.html

In addition to that, Safari security flaws keep popping up on a steady basis, they can't plug the holes fast enough it seems:

http://arstechnica.com/journals/apple.ars/2008/04/28/researcher-discovers-spoofing-security-flaw-in-safari-3-1-1

Opera on the other hand currently has 0 outstanding known security flaws, if there are holes, they are plugged within the week and 9.5 bèta 2 is about twice as fast as 9.27, easily beating FF 3.0 bèta 5:

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20080428-hands-on-opera-9-5-beta-2-improves-speed-adds-features.html

The author of the review does openly admit being a fan of Opera however, and not all other reviews I've seen indicate the same speed difference, as such, it's probably fair to say, FF 3 and Opera 9.5 will be strong contenders for 'best browser' and personal preference is likely to be the decisive factor in adoption of either one.

Personally, I'm likely to stick with Opera, I've become so used to the interface, that switching would take too much effort (sort of the same reason that keeps me on windows XP, instead of switching to Linux permanently, since I hardly ever play games anyway). :cyclops: