Terminator: The Chronicles Of Sarah Connor

Tenebrae

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, it's more than a possible change to the date. In the 3rd movie, SkyNet was discovered to be software at the end. I think the series will stick to the original theory that SkyNet was a hardware based A.I. control unit. In episode 2 they are still seeking a physical place that SkyNet originated which I like. The end of 3 was a bummer.

Judgement Day was just delayed..........but I thought that was explained in the pilot?

As for headlless T100's, as much as I didnt like T3, Arnie lost his head as well!

I`m calling the lore around this show T-LORE.

Apart from relocating Skynet I would like to see the big old time machine they are using in the future not the dinky one shown in the pilot.

How exactly was John able to beat the machines? Perhaps that will be saved for the T4 film.

P.S. Tenebrae.....Ive never said this before but you know what your avatar reminds me of? The little chess board found in the original Millennium Falcon toy!

They give a brief description of how John beat Skynet in The Terminator... Skynet being a computer was driven by the need for efficiency, so - after Judgement Day it started rounding people up to be disposed of in death camps. John is the guy that organises the survivors to break out of the camps and form an effective resistance, ultimately pushing the tide (somehow) against the machines and penetrating the bunker that housed Skynet and destroying it... which of course led to all this time travel milarky.

And I suppose it's fair to say that Terminator rules seem to mean that the timeline is constantly changing... as soon as you send someone back, the future is subject to change... it's probably my favourite model for time travel, really.

Arnie losing his head is slightly different to a body navigating from a junkyard across a large city like LA - apparently without any sensory input. I suppose I can think of a few ways in which it could achieve it but none of them would be exactly elegant.

Dinky little time machine? I think it was pretty implicit that the entire VAULT was the time machine, not just the console... so, it was hardly little.

I was finally able to see the first two episodes.

I enjoyed this show quite a bit and will go out of my way to continue watching it. B)

It was cool to see Bratak, but it wasn't cool that he turned out to be a rat-snitch. In the end he got what he deserved.

One thing I noticed was that when John met the chicky at school she seemed just like any other human, but now that she's been revealed as a terminator she's all uptight and non-emotional like one.

Thought it was funny when John said he knew something was wrong when a hot-girl in school talks to the new kid. (So true.) :D

Episode 3 is great. More full CGI T100's and we learn how the T100's grown their skin!

Some more dark comedy from the Summer Terminator.

This episode is about tracking down one of Dysons apprentices, not a massive high action episode.

P.S I wouldnt watch this with your minors its a bit of blood splattered episode.

Episode 3... yeah, it was ok.

I too am perplexed as to how the Summernator was able to be jovial and personable in the first episode but is now incapable of such interaction. Seems like a glaring oversight to me.

Interesting to see the tissue growth but given the fact terminators don't have noses, I'm somewhat bemused by the fact you just put the Terminator in and he came out regular... I'd have thought it was rather more complicated than that... but there you go.

As to action... well, it's just a TV show - you're not going to get big shoot outs and chases every week or every couple of weeks.

Episode 3... yeah, it was ok.

I too am perplexed as to how the Summernator was able to be jovial and personable in the first episode but is now incapable of such interaction. Seems like a glaring oversight to me.

Exactly!!! I questioned that earlier. What's up with that?

One thing I noticed was that when John met the chicky at school she seemed just like any other human, but now that she's been revealed as a terminator she's all uptight and non-emotional like one.

Maybe, it's software related. ;)

Seriously, it was programmed to mingle and act human until John was located and his identity verifed by an attack. For years or decades. Then it had completely different duties and became a bodyguard. It may always act a little off now since it has trouble integrating both roles programmed into it. Software glitch.

Or, it's a tv show and the writers screwed the pooch.

Remember the T1000 wasnt exactly Mr Personality when he was killing people but when he needed information he was a bit of a charmer. Also in the first film Arnie was able to mimic voices and personality.

There was actually mention in episode 3 that Summer had fooled John.

I think they are taking it a little to far by making a terminator dress up in make up! Thats just silly.

Never mind about the nose, flesh on an endo skeleton wouldnt look realistic with out muscle underneath it. Then again we often see tanks of liquid in sc-fi, with people being stored or healed inside with out any explanation as to why they are suspended in fluid!

Maybe, it's software related. ;)

Seriously, it was programmed to mingle and act human until John was located and his identity verifed by an attack. For years or decades. Then it had completely different duties and became a bodyguard. It may always act a little off now since it has trouble integrating both roles programmed into it. Software glitch.

Or, it's a tv show and the writers screwed the pooch.

It's always a software issue.  :P

But that's a good point and quite plausible.

You get a gold star for the day!

Maybe this is due to older technology? Arnold's terminator was advanced and the T1000 was pretty much the top technology that we saw in the films. Maybe that accounts for differences seen in the series thus far.

Was the TX as advanced as the T1000?

What I would like to know is what is the diffference between the T100 Male and Female exo skeletons? Its clear that summer does not stand as tall as the regular T100's. That would suggest the T100 exo skeletons are not built as standard.

Annot would you like to write a short summary without many spoilers for episode 4?

• TFMF unpinned this topic