Desert Island Star Trek

Chiggy

I`m sure this has been done before, but if you could take only one episode from any Star Trek series to a desert island which would it be?

My choice would be

The Inner Light - TNG

"Seize the time, Meribor - live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again."

Tough choice, I'd narrow down to something from TNG or DS9 though.

TNG, probably "Tapestry".

DS9, harder to choose. "In the Pale Moonlight", "Sacrifice of Angels", etc

Pressed to choose, I'd say "In the Pale Moonlight". Very tough choice but probably the best episode of Trek ever made.

From TNG I'd choose "The Most Toys"... I just think that ep is the mutt's nut's.

From DS9 I'd chose the ep where Sisko and Gareck have to fake a holographic archive to get the Romulans to join the war.. but Gareck's actual intension is to kill the Romulan ambasador and blame the founders in order to force the issue...I can't remeber the ep title but that one stands out in all of Trek for some great acting, excellent story and tension abound.

From TNG I'd choose "The Most Toys"... I just think that ep is the mutt's nut's.

From DS9 I'd chose the ep where Sisko and Gareck have to fake a holographic archive to get the Romulans to join the war.. but Gareck's actual intension is to kill the Romulan ambasador and blame the founders in order to force the issue...I can't remeber the ep title but that one stands out in all of Trek for some great acting, excellent story and tension abound.

Yeah that will be In The Pale moonlight.....top choice!!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

That's a good choice there. I forgot about that one. The powerful Ent-D really was put in its place there against an enemy that absorbed its powerful weapons, regenerated and kept coming. It's a protagonist's nightmare come true. Did you know the plotline that Maurice Hurley wanted to do with the Borg before he left the show after the end of season 2? It was completely different from Micheal Piller's masterpiece and much darker than what we saw on BOBW 1 and 2.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I think any TNG episode would do for me as long as it wasn't a Dixon Hill holodeck one.  But if I must pick only one I would have to say...... Booby Trap.  Though I would try to bend the rules and take a two-part episode if I could.  Unless the cruel gods that be would strand me on the island with only one part for my foolish attempt.  OH NO! AHHH :o

• 2 weeks later...