OMFG!!! i hate this

Engineer101

The worst thing for me is Reformating cause of some stupid trojan. Reinstalling some like drivers. restarting it several times. and this sucks too. i reformatted in January and it took me 3 formats to get it working. lol dont worry most of the files i am seeding is intact

ok computer is RESTORED. NO games INSTALLED though. i have some games leftoever from the first time i formatted. im just gonna install 2-3 games and thats it. btw Grab Project Nomads too. my DVD-CD rom sucks. i had to punch it to get the driver to open now my hand hurts so im using a screwdriver to tap it.

if ur stuck, www.cybertechhelp.com is a very usefl resource. has links to all kinds of handy programs for cleaning and sound advice on how to do it.

also some of the larger antivirus software producers allow you a trial. eg pc-cillin and norton. handy for real updated versions. if not rip em off of bit torrent

since i got pc-cillin i got everything tied up tight and managed to isolate and delete an annoying trojan se.dll by running a scan in safe mode. no probs deleing anything

lol yeah. for some reason when i did a format it ask if i should format C drive and D drive but wheres E drive?! E Drive is the same Drive as C yet it never asked. oh well since i keep all my music on E drive. D drive is just the movies and games lol

I actually like re-formating because I always end up installing programs that I use once or twice... And it gives me a chance to re-do everything. Then again' date=' it can be quite a pain, especially backing up all your data.[/quote']

they do seem to run better after a clean slate..getting rid of all the junk....tho remembering all the stuff i put on em to do everything i need is a booger...

I actually like re-formating because I always end up installing programs that I use once or twice... And it gives me a chance to re-do everything. Then again' date=' it can be quite a pain, especially backing up all your data.[/quote']

I try to format / repartition my boot drive once every 6 months or so. Got all my legally purchaces MP3's, and legitimate personal dvd back ups, and copies of prigrams that I bought, and lost the install cd for on a second hard drive, so formatting is wicked painless. And oh man, theres nothing like a fresh install of your fav OS (Windows XP: Borg Edition).

Just make a (NORTON GHOST) image of C: (Windows only)

Install the games and stuff on D: (Some games and programs need reinstalling, some don't)

When you have problems, just restore the image in 2.5 minutes, and you're done! ;)

I haven't reformatted xp yet, 2000 I did on a regular basis, but 98, BOY HOWDY!>..I had to do a clean install at least once a month, guaranteed in writing. Install over the top of it maybe once every 2 weeks or so.

All the coding I did then and experimenting with java (LSD for your computer) tore windows up. Wow, I can almost remember someone saying "Oh, they'll stop at a Gigabyte then find something new"