Future medicine

wahaha

What do you think will happen with medicine in the future? Will it be like star trek, where McCoy finds a cure in 30 minutes for space madness, or radiation sickness? What about cancer and aging?

I'm tired of getting junk mail from places wanting money for a cancer cure or some other disease cure. Haven't they collected enough money already? Why don't all these different agencies get together and share? Maybe it's because there IS no cure that can be taken in pill form, and they know it and just want to waste money.

My way of healing is to fast for a few days to clean the body out.. simple as that. No medical mystery there that you are what you eat. And I don't think there will be a need for any scifi wonder drugs in the future once people and doctors stop being stubborn.

I can agree that there might be skin regenerative devices in the future, like in star trek. I can agree that there might also be robotic limbs. But that is as far as I go. It would be nice to have someone like McCoy who can whip up an elixer or create a wonder drug to cure everything, but I don't see it happening.

Well, thing is: For a better future / world, changing one thing alone is not enough by a long shot - we need to literary change from the ground up (a check-up from the neck-up).

Once with higher mentality and awareness many things will change simply into "what works" and "what works for all".

For now, all things more or less fight for survival; Prosecutors and in some instances Lawyers don't want criminal activity to stop because it'd be the death of their roles.

Doctors and scientists don't want to advance too fast on many fields - actually today many things COULD be stopped and be treated in a more efficient way but they don't want that to happen because they'd be out of business.

Governments and the like don't want too smart voters - it'd be the decapitation of state and so on and so on (just think long and hard around this and you'll see what I mean - or heck, try scouting around the web or read some good books).

Of course all these people / institutions etc. want things to be better, however in their heart-of-hearts they know and fear that which I just explained above and at their core, they don't want to see that change..at least not yet*

My way of healing is to fast for a few days to clean the body out.. simple as that. No medical mystery there that you are what you eat. And I don't think there will be a need for any scifi wonder drugs in the future once people and doctors stop being stubborn.

Oh - I wouldn't recomend that. When you are ill and you don't eat then the immune system isn't working at peak performance. Plus regeneration is slow (you need protein for enzymes, DNA duplikation and fat for cell-walls)

Anyway, do I believe in a cure for cancer? Eventually, yes.

Do I believe medicine will be like star trekkian medicine? Dunno - but it'll probably involve nanobots and some fancy computers.

I would like to see a genetically engineered, incurable, rapidly spreading, air-born virus which has no negative health effects, and the exact same effect on the mind and body as a good hearty dose of LSD. :p :p :p

Naw. It will go the other way.

People will find out that modern medicine is mostly Frankenstein medicine. They will return to natural medicine like Chinese Medicine or Ayurveda. Unless the corporations get the politicians to enact laws to stop it.

Modern medicine is only good for a few things. Blood tests, drugs and massive trauma repair. They don't appear to know squat about healthy living.

All that organ transplant stuff? That is no good. I think it is evil in a way. I think people have energy. If you take a piece out of a person, it has their energy. If you put it in another person, it still has the original persons energy in it. It is always a seperate piece. Internal organs are not metal car parts to be exchanged at a whim.

Also, your body is one big piece, not seperate pieces hooked together. You really should never have any kind of operation if you can help it. When they cut the people up, the people never heal like they were before. It is just like a rip in your clothes. If you get a rip in your clothes, you sew up the hole. If the clothes get stressed again, where do you think they break? Right at the threads covering the hole.

All those cesarean births they do this day? They are really, really messing those women up. That is why you gotta educate yourself on world ideas. So you can spot the mistakes that will cost you or your friends or family.

Also, your body is one big piece, not seperate pieces hooked together. You really should never have any kind of operation if you can help it. When they cut the people up, the people never heal like they were before. It is just like a rip in your clothes. If you get a rip in your clothes, you sew up the hole. If the clothes get stressed again, where do you think they break? Right at the threads covering the hole.

Actually, scar tissue tends to be stronger than the original flesh, though less flexible (lots of collagen). And when it comes to broken bones they also get stronger where they were fractured.

Modern medicine is only good for a few things. Blood tests, drugs and massive trauma repair. They don't appear to know squat about healthy living.

Who are they?

Great, then thats western medicine out the window

we can know safely replace dyalasis with acupunture!

Caesarians are no longer needed, we just have to make sure there are no men in the house and seal all the doors and windows (Oh, and dont forget to block the chimney!)

In short we all sit about and think happy happy thoughts and get well

"Modern medicine is only good for a few things. Blood tests, drugs and massive trauma repair. They don't appear to know squat about healthy living"

What the hell else do you want? And why are the blood tests "Good" so you can work out where to stick the pins? or do you need them to work out how much ground Rhino horn or dried monkey penis you need to eat?

"All that organ transplant stuff? That is no good. I think it is evil in a way. I think people have energy. If you take a piece out of a person, it has their energy. If you put it in another person, it still has the original persons energy in it. It is always a seperate piece. Internal organs are not metal car parts to be exchanged at a whim"

WTF!! Are you by any chance a Jehovas Witness? The human body is a machine, a very complex organic machine, but its just a vessel for the personality, it's no different to a car, a bit breaks down you fix/replace it

You aren't by any chance trying to maintain that Chi continues in an organ removed form a dead host are you? because that is ........ words totally escape me

I agree however that you have to educate yourself, find the best treatments availablem learn the drug companies scams, not however revert to tribal folklore medicine,

yeah I know all the aspirin/willow, foxglove/digitalis, quinnine etc arguments about folk medicine, but for every one that was true I'll find you a thousand bullshit cures

All that organ transplant stuff? That is no good. I think it is evil in a way. I think people have energy. If you take a piece out of a person, it has their energy. If you put it in another person, it still has the original persons energy in it. It is always a seperate piece. Internal organs are not metal car parts to be exchanged at a whim.

So you are saying that it is evil because my mother is still alive because she had a kidney transplant???

Damn, forgot why I posted this in the first place.. Here is a link to a site about how honey can kill germs and heal cuts. Now if only Reeves would have put this on his wounds, instead of relying on junk manufactured medicine.

http://bio.waikato.ac.nz/honey/

Fasting helped me get over something I had, so I trust that way more than taking any medicine. Although I do eat healthier now. None of this food with MSG or partially hydrogenated oil garbage in it, and NO MILK.

Sounds like there are a lot of people here with... shall I say odd ideas of what is useful and not. Junk medicines? Right.... I guess you could blame the artificiality/maleness of mathematics/statistics for the data that indicates people are living much longer now....

Btw, talk to a diabetic about how "useless" those phony drugs like insulin are. I'm sure taking a bath in honey and rose hips will make them right as rain.

There is a reason people are diabetic.. and as everyone knows, you are not BORN with diabetes. It occurs as a result of other things, like the food you eat! There is no reason in the world you would need insulin if you had a proper diet. It can be cured, despite what doctors claim.

What I am saying is no cure is going to be found in a pill. All the medicine one needs is in the food supply, not some mutated concoction made in a lab. Just look at what those "wonder drugs" are doing to AIDS patients. They don't help, and they don't cure. It's a "treatment". Doctors NEVER claim something will cure. In fact, most doctors don't even know how that medicine they are giving you was made. They just believe the salesman who sold it to them.

I did a lot of reading on the side effects of milk, and it's why I don't drink it. Why would I want to poison myself with hormone infested puss from a cow. I wish I was never fed the stuff growing up, because it gave me serious ear infections. It's even been linked to acne. Why would anyone who is past infancy need milk? Especially from a cow, that has the wrong protein for the human body, and is loaded with one of the ingredients for glue!

People just keep on eating poorly and it is the reason their health suffers. It may take longer in others to develop symptoms however. If you want to find a cure, look to simple natural things.

There is a reason people are diabetic.. and as everyone knows, you are not BORN with diabetes. It occurs as a result of other things, like the food you eat! There is no reason in the world you would need insulin if you had a proper diet. It can be cured, despite what doctors claim.

SNIP

No, there are two kinds - one is a genetic disorder.

Sounds like there are a lot of people here with... shall I say odd ideas of what is useful and not. Junk medicines? Right.... I guess you could blame the artificiality/maleness of mathematics/statistics for the data that indicates people are living much longer now....

Btw, talk to a diabetic about how "useless" those phony drugs like insulin are. I'm sure taking a bath in honey and rose hips will make them right as rain.

The dangers of Western Scientific Medicine come from cutting the parts off from the whole. From thinking about illness in little tiny pieces.

Pennicilin saved my hearing. Antibiotics saved my son from scarlet fever. Arthoscopic surgery allowed me to hear rapidly from a mechanical knee problem that became a self-perpetuating injury. Quadruple bypass saved my dad's life - on the day he was scheduled to leave for the Dominican Republic, Ghana, and Mali. The cardiologist said he had fewer than 48 hours before he would have lost 40%+ of his heart muscle.

Unfortunately, our method of training doctors - and of administering health care - turns out extremely skilled technicians. Kids start out with a Chem or Biochem major, proceed to medical school, train in their specialty, and never learn the human aspect. Few learn to be curious. Most prescribe what the latest drug rep has hyped to them.

Rare is the practicing MD who knows that the genetic variation among women is far wider than among men - that the Miracle Cures they dispense are far more likely to have negative side effects and less likely to have the desired effect on women. Few doctors get to know their patients. My wife saw an internest yesterday who could barely keep his eyes open, kept yawning, and couldn't keep track of her symptoms.

And these damnations of our western medical system say nothing about access to health care, much less other paths to health.

I'd be happy if future medicine simply advances beyond today by having doctors who REALLY listen and pay attention to their patients, who wisely prescribe (rather than by rote), and who keep open minds!

SNIP

Rare is the practicing MD who knows that the genetic variation among women is far wider than among men -

SNIP

I always thought it was the other way around - since men have 4 times higher mutation rates than women (or well 5.25 times in this article)

I did a lot of reading on the side effects of milk, and it's why I don't drink it. Why would I want to poison myself with hormone infested puss from a cow. I wish I was never fed the stuff growing up, because it gave me serious ear infections. It's even been linked to acne. Why would anyone who is past infancy need milk? Especially from a cow, that has the wrong protein for the human body, and is loaded with one of the ingredients for glue!

People just keep on eating poorly and it is the reason their health suffers. It may take longer in others to develop symptoms however. If you want to find a cure, look to simple natural things.

Did you know that when the pizza places went to China, they couldn't sell Pizza when the Chinese found out what was on it?

Cheese. You know what Cheese is right? Spoiled, "rotten", milk.

According to Chinese medicine, what sane person would eat spoiled food?

Then on top of that, it makes you sick according to Chinese medicine.

The Pizza places had to change the pizza's so they were made with tofu or some other covering.

People eat poorly because they are tricked into it by bad people. Bad people want to make others sick and stupid so they are easily controlled.

Did you know that if you eat too much sugar, it makes it hard to think?

What is the most common ingredient in foods in the West? Sugar.

It is common knowledge that sugar makes it hard to think, yet no one in government says anything about corporations poisoning everyone and making them stupid with too much sugar.

Didn't you ever wonder about that Attention Deficit Disorder? When I was a kid, they called those guys Rambunctious. But Rambunctious doesn't make anyone money. Attention Deficit Disorder makes the Comapany that makes Ritalin loads and loads of money.

Attention Deficit Disorder is a lie. Those kids are high on sugar. They eat so much sugar that they are on a sugar rush all the time. The sugar rush makes it so they can't think, according to the principles of Chinese medicine. The teacher thinks the kid is stupid but it is not the kids fault. The poor kid has been poisoned with too much sugar so it is impossible for him to think right.

If you got kids, take the sugar out of their diet. Not because of cavities or getting fat. Because it makes your kids too stupid to do well in school or life. Don't blame them for being rowdy if you filled them up with sugar. It is your fault you made them rowdy now that you know what sugar does to them.

Didn't you ever wonder why asians are so "smart"? They are not smarter than anyone else. They don't eat lots of sugar so they can still think like people are supposed to. If you want your kid to be like an asian prodigy with straight A's, feed them an asian diet low in sugar.

I'd be happy if future medicine simply advances beyond today by having doctors who REALLY listen and pay attention to their patients, who wisely prescribe (rather than by rote), and who keep open minds!

That made me think of a book - Gateway by Frederik Pohl, I think.

The lead character in this book is have some issues so he goes to a shrink. This shrink is actually just a program made to give the right responses.

I think we might see some of that in the future - maybe not as a shrink but some more "personal" personas in inanimate objects.

It might not cure peoples issues - but if it's possible for someone to deeply confide in their best friend (i.e. the toaster) then that is essentially better than never letting it out to anyone.