Engineer101

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

white coco chip 4 me..

u mean the british. and why do they say BLOODY HELL

(hope i got the quote right)

Why not? its not as rude as some other words that we say!

;)

Like with cookies and cakes and bread and all the others, the one that makes me lol is the:

US: Rubber UK: condom

US: Eraser uK: rubber

and this one i never got my head straight

uk: Bum bag is fanny pack in the USA.....

lol see how close the lang are and how far apart they are.... and the fact that we actually understand each other!

:D

white coco chip 4 me..

u mean the british. and why do they say BLOODY HELL

(hope i got the quote right)

Why not? its not as rude as some other words that we say!

;)

Like with cookies and cakes and bread and all the others, the one that makes me lol is the:

US: Rubber UK: condom

US: Eraser uK: rubber

and this one i never got my head straight

uk: Bum bag is fanny pack in the USA.....

lol see how close the lang are and how far apart they are.... and the fact that we actually understand each other!

That's THE thing interesting about language.. synonymes, homonymes, etcetera.

As for "jerries"... It's actually older than that.

In the Great War, ('14-'18) these Germans wore helmets that looked quite like chamber pots. Synonyme: "jerry" (from the much older word 'jeroboam', with about the same meaning)

Also said is that Jerry comes simply from "German", but that's a bit pathetic to me.

I just remember the word being in general use, when I was a kid. So in the Interbellum this word was already in use.

Jerry-can refers to the 5-gallon metal container in which Jerries stored gasoline and stuff first... later on the Allies assimilated its' use.. name stayed the same, and hence: Jerry-can.

BTW, VH, this bum-talk is not appropriate.. ;)

With the greatest respect,

Elladan

My contributions to humanity thusfar are internet abbreviations & the occasional word added to American English.

(If you ever wondered who invented "BRB", "AFK", "IMHO", etc......It was me!)

.....That will change if I can get to Mars.

;)

Oh, and I'm fond of the peanut butter cookies the Girl Scouts sell......I can eat whole boxes at one sitting.

EDIT: Typo

The girl scouts need to retrofit their recipie' date=' it is seriously flawed. They should get more business like, start mass producing. Price competition with large scale distributors. They have a marketing edge, they're Girl Scouts!!!!!![/quote']

......As the "Imperial March" plays in the background.

:p

Ohhhh yea!!!! That's perfect. Then all the girl scouts get loaded into giant transport ships and are then flown to houses and deployed using dropships.

I can see it now, the whole sky filled with imperial dropships, girl scouts rapelling down onto the roofs and front doors using breaching charges on doors if they can't pick the lock, taking the money and replacing it with cookies. meanwhile longrange turrets concentrate their fire on McVite's giant cookie factory ships that are trying hard to fight off enemy girl scout short range fighters. It's healthy McVite pulsed cookie cannons vs. Girl Scout phase-modulated brownie torpedoes.

Ohhhh yea!!!! That's perfect. Then all the girl scouts get loaded into giant transport ships and are then flown to houses and deployed using dropships.

I can see it now, the whole sky filled with imperial dropships, girl scouts rapelling down onto the roofs and front doors using breaching charges on doors if they can't pick the lock, taking the money and replacing it with cookies. meanwhile longrange turrets concentrate their fire on McVite's giant cookie factory ships that are trying hard to fight off enemy girl scout short range fighters. It's healthy McVite pulsed cookie cannons vs. Girl Scout phase-modulated brownie torpedoes.

ROFLMAO!!

That deserves a quote:

".....Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've created. The ability to destroy whole worlds is insignificant compared to the power of the Force."

-Darth Vader

:p