Which Doctor was your favorite?

GorunNova

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted: Tom Baker of course.

If I had to list them in order of preference I think it would go.

Tom Baker, Eccleston, Pertwee, Davidson, McCoy, McGann, Troughton, Hartnell, Colin Baker with Peter Cushing last since he's there but not canon.

good time for a revote but i kept the same answer as the last time i took a similar poll - Jon Pertwee

I have moved Christopher Eccleston to 3rd over all however

Pertwee,

Tom Baker,

Eccleston,

Davidson,

Troughton,

Hartnell

Colin Baker

McCoy

I did not count the movie Cannon or not

and the last two on the list were the only ones I reall did not care for and are in my opinion partly to blame for the fall of classic Who(along with some terriable writng and plots)

Jon Pertwee, all the way! Strong on intellect, but didn't mind kicking some butt now and then (Venusian Karate... HA!). Plus, he was just plain likeable. And, during his era, we had Roger Delgado as the Master, plus Unit... this was WHO at its prime if you ask me :)

Christopher Eccelston Comes in a close second. More heart than any of them, and at the same time able to be edgy, rude, etc. And his episodes somehow provoke more emotion in me than any in the past. Of course, writing has some to do with it, but it really helps when when I can directly relate with the Doc, and CE does that for me.

Sylvester McCoy was probably the Doctor with the most untapped potential. I really liked him as the Doctor, but to often the stories were plain childish (anyone here think the "Candyman" was a wonderful villain? Didn't think so). Given better writing and directing, he would have been near the top of my list.

As long as I am talking about untapped potential, McGann would be in the same category. One movie, really liked him, and wish there was more, but there just is not. I guess I can hold on to some wishful thinking that perhaps we will be treated to a multi-doctor special someday, in which he appears again.

Peter Davison was the first Doctor I ever saw, and therefore, in a way, he embodies Dr. Who for me.

You will notice I left out Tom Baker, a traditional favorite among my friends. He was great, but I think I got "burned out" on him.

Troughton: Loved his "Panicky" moments.

Hartnell: It has been years since I watched those episodes. I remember he really cracked me up once in awhile. Very dry, sometimes seemingly uninvolved. But he had some great moments of wit, often rather subtle.... the kind of moments that you have to do a double -take on to appreciate.

Colin Baker: Hmmmm.... Arrogant, whiney at times, and sufferred from lousy companion syndrome. I mean, I really wanted to like Peri (look at her!), but holy cow, she was a pain. If I was the Doc and had her riding along with that attitude, I'd have a hard time being cheerful myself.

To sum things up, I like the whole history of Dr. Who, and all Doctors offered something good in my opinion. But Pertwee is my favorite, although I am really liking Eccelston also.

not really. The first doctor I saw was eccleston. I started downloading episodes and I first saw hartnell and pertwee. Then Tom baker and then the others. But I voted for Tom Baker.

I chose Tom Baker as he is the best, but i did like the Peter Cushing movies, overall i do like all of them but not to fond of Troughton, was too clowny

Rowan Atkinson played a good doctor :D

Most people's favorite Doctor also tends to be the first one they see. Their "era" so to speak. For me' date=' it's Tom Baker. Although Eccleston is very good, the fact that he's only going to be in one season, kind of limits it.[/quote']

first i saw was davison then Sylvester McCoy, still like tom the best

Tom Baker, WHO ELSE??? I love the way he would ramble on, in a mumbling fashion, about improbabilities, the technical aspects of time travel, etc. while walking in circles, then turn around with that goofy smile and say something completely unrelated. Of course, that's ALL of the doctors, but Tob did it so much better than any of the others. Of course, he is followed closely by Eccleston, then Peter Davison.

Yeah, Colin Baker was pretty 'special'.

I've never really been that much of a Doctor Who fan, but the current series looks to be making me one. Therefore Eccleston is probably my favourite.

Colin suffered from the same fate as McCoy, bad writing and a terribly written character. That was the BBCs writer's fault for turning his Doctor into a complete berk.

Eccleston is one of my favourites, it is a pity to see him go :(

Tom was from my era. He emboddies the quirky, humourous, slighty absent-minded Doctor that I will always love to watch.

Eccleston is good too. I am catching up on the rest of the eps. as I go, but I doubt that I will change my mind. I've got a 1.5 TB NAS to fill up so...

Some classic moments from Tom Baker;

1. Anytime he wakes up after being knocked unconsious, and babbles about Sine curves or famous explorers.

2. When he offers Davros a Jelly Baby in "Destiny of the Daleks".