New Companion?

tinpusher

Good Heavens! According to that article he is only being paid 450' date='000 pounds (thats $821,018 US Dollars) for the entire season! In the US actors/actresses make more than that for a single episode![/quote']

Thats pretty good for a year's worth of pay. And they only make 26 episodes with summers off? I would like to have a job like that :)

I think only reallly big hit shows like Friends, etc.. they make over 1 or 2 million dollars.. all the rest make less than a million. So 800K is pretty reasonable.

OF course if you are jerry springer, opera, sinfield, etc.. you would make 20 or 30 million..and much more from advertisements...

I sure hope that they don't make a habit of changing the entire cast every season. No more rose means no more Jackie, and more importantally, no more Mickey. Right after they establish the primary charecters, and we grow attached to the secondary charecters (I'm rather fond of Mickey, but I wouldn;t admit that anywhere else, oh heavens no.) they go and have to replace them all, and bring in new secondary charecters and everything.

Yeah, I know that it;s the way Doctor Who goes and all, people get replaced all the time. Just dosent seem like a smart way to kick off the brand new series.

I wish they'd bring back K-9.

"mas-ter"

yea k-9 was kick ***

as for replacements most companions are only around for a season or two its the way it is .I think it helps keep things fresh .I only wish that Christopher was sticking around a bit longer

I can see Ellison being a puzzle for Ameicans, LOL last time I looked Babelfish didn't have a "Scouse" option

bearing in mind though that these references come from such glowing beacons of journalism as the Mirror and the Star, I'll wait for a REAL newspaper's coverage of the matter

*sigh* You notice that the companions are always cute girls' date=' right? Y'know... I get tired of such blatant ratings grabs, but what can you do?[/quote']

I for one vote for an ugly smelly old man.

:p

Good Heavens! According to that article he is only being paid 450' date='000 pounds (thats $821,018 US Dollars) for the entire season! In the US actors/actresses make more than that for a single episode![/quote']

Thats pretty good for a year's worth of pay. And they only make 26 episodes with summers off? I would like to have a job like that :)

Heck, we're talking 13 episodes here, a pretty sweet deal. Most TV stars in the US do NOT get that sort of money, far from it. There are, of course, the exceptions, but those generally come after season upon season of high ratings. After all, the network has to be able to recoup the costs in ad revenues.

Not sure yet, but oh dear...if this is the case, then just, oh dear.

We might be pleasantly surprised, she might be able to act...but...oh well.

The key phrase being "might be able to act...".

I thought that of Billy, she really surprised me. This woman has a hard act to follow, and so does: David Tennant :(

I dare say David Tennant will grow on me ... but I can't get over CE leaving... I've been feeling really sad about it from the time I heard. To be very honest, I'm really tempted to give up the series after CE leaves.

As for Billie, well ... lets see ...

Most of the US stars that made $1M per episode were doing so on shows that made a fortune. You can tell how much the shows themselves were making for the production copanies by the fact that the stars were paid. The basic breakdown, say, for Friends, was this:

6 stars, $1 per episode for 22 episodes = 6 x 22 x $1m =$132M per season

Basic episode production costs about $2M per episode = $44M per season.

Totals = $176M per season

But there are 10 minutes of ads per episode, sold at $200,000 per 30 seconds, or $8M per episode, or $176M per season.

So, it looks like a break even deal. But DVD sales, reruns and syndication make it all worth while. The networks are in the money-making business. If it weren't profitable, they wouldn't pay.

Friends made a bitt more money than that. The actual production costs are also about 1 million, if that (But then again shows like ER cost 13 Million an episode). And a 30 sec spot costs $5-600,000 average for Friends, $2,000,000 for the finale alone.

Heck, we're talking 13 episodes here, a pretty sweet deal. Most TV stars in the US do NOT get that sort of money, far from it.

Well it's not that sweet. For a weekly role on a US major network TV show (Called a Schedule 'F') for a SAG member the MINIMUM that can be paid is $30,000 per episode. So Tennat is making double SAG Minimum wage... Not very good for a Star of a show. But then again I'd sure as hell take it!!!!!

I dare say David Tennant will grow on me ... but I can't get over CE leaving... I've been feeling really sad about it from the time I heard. To be very honest, I'm really tempted to give up the series after CE leaves.

As for Billie, well ... lets see ...

I say we owe it to Russel T Davies to show our support and keep watching. I think David will make the role his own and be just as good as CE, that's my feeling and I hope I'm right.