Wesley Crusher?

juhan

dunno. i have nothing against wil wheaton, he's a fine actor but i found wesley crusher a constant source of annoyance.

so much so that that annoyance has turned to hate over time lol.

so i definitely vote hate him.

btw, riker is awesome! wish i could've seen him bitch-slap wesly around a bit :p

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean the only way that someone's that smart and solves all those problems is when they are a character in a TV series... No one's that much of a genius.

I beg to differ. Leonardo da Vinci, Isaac Newton, Nikola Tesla, Thomas Edison, Johnny van Neumann, Richard Feynman - they all exemplify that practical genius that Wesley illustrated. Their genius in respect to real-world problems seems about right for Wesley's genius in regard to Trekiverse problems. Of course, they never had a 42 minute time limit to resolve their problems ...

And if you read Feynman's autobiography (a wonderful fun read, BTW - any educated SF fan ought to have read it at one point or another - Surely you're Joking, Mr. Feynman?)

[i got so caught up in the link that I researched and wrote a Wikipedia page on Ralph Leighton, who recorded Feynman for his autobiography.)

I'd just like to see how much his head can turn...before his neck snaps.

The boy is a soulless, boring twee little asslicker who couldn't possibly solve all the stuff he does, i mean you have the best crew in starfleet running the flagship and this teenager is going around showing everybody how to do their job...

Now I know why people hated me when I was a kid.

I was Wesley Crusher.

Not the one you are talking about. Twee etc.

I always knew the answers and I always showed the adults that they were stupid. They really did not like that.

They never talked to me the way you are talking though. I guess it would be bad form for an adult to admit he is jealous he is being shown up by a young kid who is intelligent and studies.

I'd just like to see how much his head can turn...before his neck snaps.

The boy is a soulless, boring twee little asslicker who couldn't possibly solve all the stuff he does, i mean you have the best crew in starfleet running the flagship and this teenager is going around showing everybody how to do their job...

Now I know why people hated me when I was a kid.

I was Wesley Crusher.

Not the one you are talking about. Twee etc.

I always knew the answers and I always showed the adults that they were stupid. They really did not like that.

They never talked to me the way you are talking though. I guess it would be bad form for an adult to admit he is jealous he is being shown up by a young kid who is intelligent and studies.

I must say it takes smartness to swing this discussion your way.

Why didnt I think of it, first... ;)

If it was not for wesley crusher' date=' i would not be on this forum, because as a teenage girl being forced to watch star trek by my brother and seeing this gorgeous guy(will weaton) on there i was hooked. Even when he left i loved trek soooo much that i stayed with it through all the different series. ;)[/quote']

That's crazy talk, I've used Wheaton as a basis for saying, "Hey, I'm not such bad a guy, I'm by leaps and bounds more attractive than Wheaton, and he was on Star Trek!" Hee hee. No, seriously, Wheaton's an ugly bastard compared to me, and every time I look in the mirror I tell myself I look like $hit.

You might guess I'm not much a fan of Whiney Westly. My favorite Mr. Crusher-related episode was the First Duty, where he gets held back a year at the Academy for being an idiot.

rewatched some eps with ol' weasly and i have to say. i wish his character would have shown up in one of the movies.

Apparently he was in one of the deleted scenes from Nemesis, but I never saw it.

Wesley rules, I was always wondering in nemesis what Wesley was up to back with everyone, i mean he went off with the traveler as we last new to learn to manipulate space and time better. I always thought it would be hilarious if voyager ended by Wesley just appearning on Voyager ala traveller and then just bringing voyager back to earth.

Coincidentally I had the same discussion IRL recently (yes, before this post) and found out there and then that there are people who actually hate Wesly Crusher! I don't care that much either way other than that storylines with Wesley in them seemed a bit hastedly done IMO.

Example: Did you know he 'invented' nannites in STNG?

p.s. BorisP --> know what you mean but in my experience people (not just adults) do not like to be made aware of their stupidity. :-)

Coincidentally I had the same discussion IRL recently (yes, before this post) and found out there and then that there are people who actually hate Wesly Crusher! I don't care that much either way other than that storylines with Wesley in them seemed a bit hastedly done IMO.

Example: Did you know he 'invented' nannites in STNG?

p.s. BorisP --> know what you mean but in my experience people (not just adults) do not like to be made aware of their stupidity. :-)

a housemate of mine has a saying. if theres a fool in the room, show them up to be what they are.

rarely does anyone appreciate it.

Uhhh, a very unpleasant character for me... :mad: His temper so unstable, a contradictions so often, and that "geniosity" of him... So irritating, always emphasis on it himself... May be he's very smart, but that doesn't make him more than the others, right?

I didn't like him at all from the very begining!

I rarely dislike characters putting that aside I Thought Wesley Crusher was Good. No I don't feel like being an asshole hitting people or characters that *MAY* over react or act too much.

Which I don't think Wesley ever did.

As a person Will Weaton Is Great. I don't think he was capable of being as bad as people say. Or if he was then he out grew that a LONG time ago.

at the very least: go read his blog rahter you liked wesley or not tell me what you think of him now. I'd be shocked and very disapointed to see anyone here not like the guy now.

I don't know about Wil as aperson so I'll take everyones word for it , vut I do know that when it all boils down to his character Wesley, I guess I was a bit jealous. I always wanted to live on the Enterprise LOL. But seriously, he always reminded me of Doogie Howser in space. There is alao the fact that everytime I saw him all I could think of were LEECHES in my pants, y'know, from "Stand By Me". I really don't like where they took his character on TNG though, I think they could have gotten alot more out of the character, but Wil Wheaton is one of those guys who looks like they're perpetually 15 years old for life. So you know he's not a strong and tough kinda believable hero type guy that can go and save the world like Kirk or Riker.

I was not very impressed by having a 15 year old manning the Ent-D helm station. But I must admit he never made any mistakes during his long tenure.

apart from the time he got hammered and took over the enterprise.

bad wesley! dont takre the space ship without askin