Startrek Games

Beawulf

Guest Guest

Elite Force is the best ever star trek game, but we'll have to wait for star trek online to see if that is the best!!!

Out of the list: Elite Force

But in fact: Starfleet Academy B)

Starfleet Academy is so old now - the graphics are....well i'm sure there, there....just very well hidden. which is why i don't like it - some old games get off with bad graphics - like Descent...but not StarFleet Academy.

I hate to break it to you, but you have also missed out star trek generations. :rolleyes:

By the way, where has my previous post gone?

damnit :( I checked out startrek.com and they only mentioned 9 games.

When you mentioned i had missed ds9 harbinger i updated the poll, which meant deleting the old one.

If you can find Klingon Honor Guard from way back, you'll have a top notch FPS. Sure the graphics will be dated, but its great fun! Not sure it's compatible with todays hardware; I used to play it on a Pentium 133 with a 16mg video card! Eek! ;)

damnit I checked out startrek.com and they only mentioned 9 games.

When you mentioned i had missed ds9 harbinger i updated the poll, which meant deleting the old

Umm....sorry to say but you missed Birth of the federation (My personal favourite) Star Trek Borg (Kinda old though)

StarTrek Judgment rites, and the 25th anniversarry game,

And one of my all time personal favourites, Star Trek for the Atari 5600 (nothing like old school games)..........................

Some of my favorates -

Star Trek DS9 Harbinger. Sure, it is old, but the graphics aren't that bad. It's a total mouse game (click in direction you want to go, click on what you want to say to people, click where you want to shoot, etc). This may not be a great game for people who want fast paced stuff, but it is full of suspense, and has a few rather scary moments.

Star Trek Armada II - Although the story isn't as good as the first, Armada II has way better gameplay, so many more ships, more species, with more abilities, and the mutiplayer surpasses everything (even FPS games), in my opinion. The best strategy game around (even though I like Star Trek, so I'm sure I'm slightly biased...)

Elite Force II - AMAZING story line, graphics good, gameplay good, multiplayer not that bad. Would be better to play the less sophisticated Elite Force II to get a grasp of the story line and where the characters are all coming from. (First game has also got a nifty story-line, with good gameplay aspects).

Star Trek DS9 The Fallen is pretty addictive when you get into it. But, however, is not the best Star Trek game around, and is a dissapointment to not have Avery Brooks or Colm Meany playing Sisco and O'Brien respectively. It is fun, however, to see aspects of Bajor, DS9, Dominion prison camps, and Federation ships from a third person perspective. (Playing as either Worf, Sisko, or Kira, with different missions for each).

Star Fleet Command III - Very very good game. Start with simple ship, upgrade weapons, engines; trade for another, biigger ship, upgrade, go through missions - one of the best games around. It can be very slow paced at times, perhaps taking up to an hour to play a mission that involves the destruction of just one ship, but it can be fun. Multiplayer, I find astounding. But that's just me :-)

Star Trek Generations - AMAZING! Even after ten years, I love this game. I love the gameplay, I love the alternative story-line. The graphics are not much to talk about, but it is a MUST HAVE for any Star Trek fan. Really. It is. Go out and buy it now. :-) You could get it for, what, $5/£5. Very cheap.

Starfleet Academy - Buy at your own risk! I got bored of the repetative missions, and it's difficulty (mind you, I bought it when I was about 10 years old...)

Starship Creator - Not really a game as such, but jolly good fun :-D. If you can find a cheap copy, I highly recomend you get it. Not much gameplay at all, just design your ship, and see how it'd do from the 'back benches' of and Admirals desk, watching the telematry come in. It is quite rewarding seeing the ship you designed completing the mission objectives.

Well, pretty much run through all of my Star Trek gaming collection. Hope it has been helpful!