Fantasy - should we include it?

cymrugirl

Seeing as there were different opinions on this topic in the original post i thought it would be interesting to do a poll and see what the general view was.

Though ultimately no matter what we really think it will be down to nite to decide as this is his site obviously :D

Fantasy has no place here. If we compromise by ading fantasy, then it'll be more likely that we compromise again in the future to include anime, non sci-fi TFV shows, gnneral movies, zero day software / games / other content.

I like this site becuase it;s specalized. Some of the stuff you find here, you can't find anywhere else. To include a new genre to a sci fi specific site, is to invite anarchy, or at the very least, attract more and more attention of "The Man".

I use Demenoid, Digital Distractions, and sometimes, but not very often, Pirate bay for my non-sci fi needs. Everyone else can do so too, or they can find a fantasy only site to scratch their fantasy itch.

I voted "No". I agree with S0V13T. Some fantasy stuff is okay, but it won't be long until you end up with stuff like that Tom Cruise and Tim Curry movie about unicorns, and Jason Does Freddy, and even worse, political campaign speeches.

Yes, all are fantasy, but how many do you want to view more than once? ;)

I like Harry Potter, but if I'd want to download it I'm sure it could be found elsewhere.

This is a scifi site and I come here for Star Trek... if movies like HP of LOTR are uploaded here it will probably increase the risk.

Guest Mrthumps

I enjoy fantasy like the next person but I think it needs it's own fourm/torrent site away from here.

In general fantasy and sci-fi fans don't mix. Once the fantasy fans want to start "Role Playing" it'll annoy the sci-fi fans and we'll see nothing but endless flame threads from both sides.

I'm with Mrthumps, being a fantasy/sci-fi author/game developer, it would need its own place/site. But as for the Roleplaying, I've seen that happen on sci-fi sites as well since RP is not just a fantasy thing.

Shadowrun, Mechwarrior, Cyberpunk, Doctor Who, D20 Modern, D20 Space etc...there's a lot of it about.

No i hate fantasy 22.58% - 7 votes

I do hate fantasy, and i think that Niteshdw's site is Sci-fi and should stay sci-fi!! There are other sites with fantasy and put it this way - we don't want the site getting too big and attracting all sorts of attention **looks left and right cautiously** :D>

No, no, no, deffinitely NO!!! No fantasy here! I don't mind it on other sites, but not here. I'm against!

offtopic// weareborg, you might consider fixing the program code for your signature. I do not use IE6, I use Opera, and it doesn't seems to recognize it!

Star wars has aliens, spacecraft and beam weapons, yet storywise it is more kin to LOTR than say, Star Trek. If a SF story/movie/TV show has elements of fantasy , should it be excluded? If a fantasy story/movie/TV show has SF elements, should it be included? To what degree each? 1/4? 1/2? 3/4? Where is the line? Ask 10 people to draw a line dividing SF and fantasy, you will get 10 lines. Ask 10 million and...

So much of "sci-fi" TV/movies is really science fantasy ...

Star Trek is fantasy.

I totally agree... Star Trek was science fantasy from inception, although they did try to get closer and closer to science fiction, and even manage to touch it on some episodes ^^

Read a good, pure Sci-Fi novel, and you'll be able to tell the difference between Science Fiction and Science Fantasy ^^