Hithchkers Guide to the galaxy movie

gjnave

I read the books several times when i was a kid... i wasn't totally in awe of the movie though. Although i did like Ford Prefect.

Funny thing is that my wife, who never read the books, REALLY liked the movie.

Actually' date=' I wasn't too impressed with the fourth Hitchhiker's book, and I haven't read the fifth...[/quote']

5th = Young Zaphod? I think i read that once before but dont remember much about it.

I didn't really like the way they did the Volgons... the technology used kind of reminded me of the same used for the cockroach typewrited in Naked Lunch (which i found very disgusting). :D

I've read the books umpteen times, i reckon mostly harmless is one of the better ones - the sandwich maker is a classic! Oh and the ships computer working out its damage always makes me laugh no matter how many times i read it.

Liked the movie alot, was a good rendition as long as you dont get too technical about it - its not like the books are exactly technical about anything :P

• 2 months later...

When watching the movie you could tell none of the actors or most importantly the director really got the humor: The dialog was devoid of the wit the books langoriously espoused. I think the actors in the British series did a much better job of capturing the characters; although, I did like the girl in the movie as she brought a touching humanity that wasn't in the books. Sure the effects were good, and the story was basically the same, but I hope the movie was just a beginning for sequels that will delve further into the books' profundity.

I've listened to the books, watched the radio plays and read to tv Shows (or maybe not quite like that) and I've got to admit the film was nowhere as bad as I thought it would be. The only real problem with the movie is that there wasn't enough time to get everything in.

There were things I really enjoyed (Strangely enough it was the stuff specifically wrote for the movie): The actress playing Trillian was great. The scene with Trillian, Zaphod and the Gun was absolutley fantastic and very well done as was the side trip to the Vogon planet.

The only thing I wasn't really happy with was how they did Zaphod's 2 heads. Preferred the old Mark-Wing Davy version.

Anyone who enjoyed the movie should definitely watch the old tv series though.

BTW: I loved the 4th book 'So long and thanks for all the fish' though I have 2 many bruises from trying to learn to fly -lol :p