the borisP funeral - lets keep it funeral like

maverick

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmmm........I dont know borisp and from what I am reading here I think I dont want to know borisp but dont you think it would be useful to have a collection of borisp's statements in order to show new (or even current) users how not to behave in a forum like this one?

Great thread.

My take, as someone who clashed with him, to the point that his outright insults drove me away for some time:

BorisP was an exemplar... of all that is potentially wrong. There is no doubt that he has inate intelligence, and was capable of well-formed, intelligent discourse. However, he was wrong, almost 100% of the time.

BorisP brings to mind a couple of great examples of wrongheadedness. In the middle ages established science thought the Earth the centre of the Universe, and thought humours to be the basis of medical science. The greatest minds of that time thought, believed and protected these ideas. And every one of them was absolutely, 100% wrong.

There is a generous spirit in this forum, of which elderbear is a wonderful example. BorisP was treated as a peer from the start, whereby he was argued and corrected with eloquence and patience, even defended in his right to have his opinions. There's no doubt that most users here are far more patient with BorisP's opinions than I could ever be. But as a scientist, I found his opinions, and let's be perfectly accurate, they were opinions based on pseudoscience, hatreds, prejudices and cobbled science, his opinions were pure garbage.

There are great examples, historical documents from the Nazi era, tomes and treatises, papers and articles on how the facial structure and features of "the Jew" are proof of his inferiority. BorisP's theories on pedophilia and masturbation and homosexuality smacked of these same prejudicial and hate-based theories. BorisP is heading down such a path, and is, in that manner, extremely dangerous. Impressionable youths and persons meeting him and his suitcase of shite from now onward are open to such propaganda and following the same ridiculous theories.

It is right for him to go, right to correct his errors and intentional mistakes at any opportunity, and right to discuss it. Ignoring it, in order to keep the forum neat and tidy would be as big a mistake as letting his rancour go unchehed in the first place.

well put Steven . I agree that in order to maintain the truth one must confront lies propoganda and hatred directly. It was what I was trying to get across with my apathy thread . I was trying to walk the tightrope of arguing with BorisP while not trolling or irritating other posters .

I would further reitterate that having someone like BorisP make these outlandish statements allowed us to refute them where people like BorisP who are not open with thier beliefs can see the folly of BorisPs logic .That is why BorisP was important to have here for awhile ,he forced us to look at our convictions and find a way to dispute his pseudo science

I was actually under the belief that it was his intention to make us refute him and that he actually did not believe what he was saying himself .That he thought he was bringing out the best in us by posting what he did .Kind of playing the devil's advocate if you will.However at the end he was just taking things too far .

I'm still amazed this man is still keeping.. if not himself' date=' atleast his shadow in the limelight of your awareness.[/quote']

But that's exactly the point.

There were recently some posts on demonoid, pseudo-documentaries denying, refuting and laying claim to the falsity of... the Holocaust.

We're fast approaching a point where the last person to have lived through the Holocaust, as a victim, will be dead. There will be no more spoken testimony, which is part of what makes the Shoah Foundation so important.

There's a gravity to a person's testimony, a reality to those faded tattoos on victims' arms that an article in a paper doesn't convey. There's a weight to a spoken anecdote that goes beyond what the post-victim era will be: he-said, he-said-not. It's easier to deny something when a witness can't refute you.

Simply stopping talking about lies, deceit and pseudo-intellectual diatribes masking hatred when they go away isn't enough. We have to be vigilant. You have to be aware of and watch for these things, or they insinuate themselves. Talking about BorisP, the processes he used and the type of speech he hid behind is as important as calling the BS where and when it happens.

It's easier to face, overcome and defeat a foe you know and understand, rather than one you think you can overcome from past experience.

It's easier to face, overcome and defeat a foe you know and understand, rather than one you think you can overcome from past experience.

eloquent dude. nice to see you around again.

i heard an ol japanese quote, by whim i dont know but it went something like:

to truly defeat your enemy you must first become his friend and find the most fitting method for his demise

have fun all.

btw. thanks everyone for sticking to the posting rules, i had to do a lot of fast talking to fenris to keep this thread open. and thanks again to fenris for letting me talk him in to it.

No worries maverick. There's a lot of wisdom to be learned when you read what other people have to say about a guy like BorisP. Sweeping it under the carpet would have only in the end, forced the subject to fester in many people's minds...folks like Steven wouldn't have had a chance to get that off their chest.

There's still a lot more I could say on the subject of Boris myself, because he's the kind of individual I totally, thoroughly and utterly despise. My only regret is not being able to moderate his ass out of here in the first place.

But we got there in the end, thanks to some careful discussion between the admins and the resolution was the only one: BorisP is gone.

And we can't ever forget him. I wouldn't want to, to be truthfully honest with you all because he's a marker in a way - so that we don't become like him, we can learn something from that guy as elder said a while ago - not to be so blinded by our own feelings/predjudices as to loose sight of the fact we are a community here.

We might butt-heads from time to time and some of us can be butt-heads ;) me included - but in the end if we remain mature and civil in dealing with these issues we might actually grow.

thats why i posted the thread . borisp was too big an issue to ignore. people need a chance to speak their minds and leave a situation behind.

i should have posted it in ten forward tho. lots of people stopped comin in here i think due to most of borisp's threads bein in mirror universe.

to be very honest i didnt want to come back in for a while because it made me feel uncomfortable.

have fun all

Guest c4evap
i should have posted it in ten forward tho. lots of people stopped comin in here i think due to most of borisp's threads bein in mirror universe.

You can always move the thread...

c4 B)

WTH is this? I just realized by looking through this last page that I'm the lowest ranking member!!

:D :D :D

[EDIT]:

Oh, this is btw (not offtopic) the chitchat that comes during the time of coffee and cake in the aftermath wakes of a funeral.. you know.. the socializing