what past characters would you most like to see come back in the new series

underscore

As the title sez, what past characters would you most like to see put in an appearance in the new dr who series?????

PLEASE DONT DROP SPOILERS IN HERE THOUGH some of us are avoiding them! I think theres a few other threads for that anyway.

I guess I would have to vote for maybe the yeti, dunno how they would make em look cool though...... :D

or better still bonnie langford! Just kidding.

Fen-edit: I added NO SPOILERS to the thread sub-topic and edited this post slightly.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me, it would have to be: none.

I know a lot of people really enjoy the new series and I don't want to debate it, I think it's cool that Dr. Who is back and there are people discovering and enjoying the series.

But for me (and me only), I didn't like the new Doctor, rose, the interior of the Tardis,, the doctor kissing his companion, the sonic screwdriver returning mysteriously for no logical reason (and the fact it's suggested the Doctor invented it as opposed to being a standard Tardis tool), Rose crying in every single episode, etc...

I guess it boils down to the fact that they broke 35 years of tradition.

So at this point I'd like to think the new series is a 'parallel' or 'alternate' Dr. Who and that eventually, down the line, someone will make a proper version of the show that doesn't try to destroy everything that's gone on before it.

So again, I'd like it to be none because I fear that if they brought any character back (companions, other doctors, etc...) they would find a way to ruin it for me.

That's just my point of view. I'm sure it's not the majority view and I'm not looking to convince anyone, it's just my personal opinion.

Wow, didn't like it much huh? I remember someone else saying something similar about Enterprise. Who was that? oh, yeah, my brother-in-law when he was enumerating reasons why he'd have to kill me if I was Rick Berman. Hope you aren't setting up sniper positions in Cardiff waiting for RTD.

Each to their own and I can understand and agree with someone elses opinion most of the time, but for the new Dr. Who I really loved it. So they can bring back almost anyone, of course I'd have to be biased and say: The Master.

Perhaps played by Johnathan Pryce *heh*

Obvious choice for me is the Master .

Look no one is a bigger fan of the Classic series than myself and I certainly was disapoined with a few things that have changed but ... this was superior to the last 7 or so seasons of the classic Dr Who show . While the T Baker and Pertwee eras still strike me as the truest of the Dr Who eps this was far superior to eps like Paradise Towers Hapiness patrol and Trial of a TimeLord .

There had to be a modernizing of the show for it to have a chance and while some things may have been over done there were many things that were great and very classic Dr Who . such as some of the great character development .

as far as other classic elements that I would like to see , bring back some UNIT tie ins , bring back Galifrey , and bring back the Sontarans

Yah mon, theres some good moonlight for it tonight................... You keep a look out while i dig, and then we can work on the dark rites to ressurect him so his new reign of terror can begin.

:thunder rumbles in background:

Sergeant Benton in a current day role as a sort of torch carrier for Brig. Gen. L. Stewart. He had his moments where he was as thick headed and the years under Stewart's command could have molded him in Stewarts image. Trying to bring Stewart himself back would be a mistake as paramount as trying to bring back Pertwee.

I kind of agree with trebor on the new series although I also agree that anything after Baker was just a slow fade and something new has to be tried for current audiences. I'm looking forward to the new doctor however. I don't think he will be as serious as the Ecleston doctor (just by the first glance of him - he looks too darn silly to take seriously).

Oh, and that girl who got spaced in the final episode of the new series. I wouldn't mind to see her as a companion.

Yeah I agree with fenris here. Sylvester mcoy and colin baker might have had skills as actors, but theres only so much you can do with dreary scripts, half assed storylines and weak characterisation. Im a fan of a couple c. baker stories, but I cant think of a mcoy one off hand that i'd go anything like out of my way to watch again.

So lets hope they give the new guy something good to work with :) or he'll be screwed!

yea the sentiment follows . the actors are only given so much leeway and if the writing is poor so will the acting be poor .

you saw glimmers of hope in the later Drs but it was sufficated out by excruciatingly bad eps . they even tainted the few good eps that were made during the last 6 years .So you might have had a few watchable Dr who eps like the curse of Fenric but you had those attrocities like the happiness patrol that took away from them

Well, the first to make a return turns out to be Sarah Jane Smith. Can't wait; I've always had a soft spot for her. Probably because she was way too trusting considering she was supposed to be a journalist.

quote ::

PLEASE DONT DROP SPOILERS IN HERE THOUGH some of us are avoiding them! I think theres a few other threads for that anyway.

unquote::

Pretty soon you won't be able to move, breathe, eat, sleep or even digest anything but Dr. Who news in that respect. I suggest you keep clear of the 2005 forum threads then if you're avoiding any kind of spoilers there'll be a lot more than just what's already in the new series news and blasting over the net.

It would be nice to have Ace back but I don't know if Sophie Aldred wants anything else to do with Dr. Who in that respect S0V.

quote ::

unquote::

Pretty soon you won't be able to move, breathe, eat, sleep or even digest anything but Dr. Who news in that respect. I suggest you keep clear of the 2005 forum threads then if you're avoiding any kind of spoilers there'll be a lot more than just what's already in the new series news and blasting over the net.

It would be nice to have Ace back but I don't know if Sophie Aldred wants anything else to do with Dr. Who in that respect S0V.

I don't think you can avoid some of this news, the BBC are shouting it from the mountaintop. As far as Ace returning, I think Sophie would be happy to do it. She does th Big Finish audios afterall.