what past characters would you most like to see come back in the new series

underscore

Which deal is that?

The one where the sonic screwdriver is destroyed and the Doctor says it's like saying goodbye to an old friend.. So in essence, it no longer exists.

Also, it's a standard tool found in the toolbox to fix the Tardis... and doctor #9 not only has it but also hints that he invented it (which to me sort of breaks Who history as much as doctor #8 claiming to be half-human when all his previous incarnations made it clear he was an alien).

that sort of stuff.

UNRELATED BUT I HAD TO COMMENT

Amazing drawing of the Master by the way.

As I said, in the novels Doctor 7 gains two sonic screwdrivers and Doctor 8 loses one, that still leaves one. Also to quote Mr. Scott, "How do we know he didna invent the thing?" He may have invented it while still on Gallifrey and the Time Lords thought it useful so adopted it as standard tool. Since Doctor number seven had a sonic screwdriver in the McGann movie that would mean that Doctors 8 & 9 would have it.

As for the Half-Human thing...in the novels it is revealed that someone is attempting to rewrite the Doctor's DNA and this is why the 7th and 8th Doctors are half-human at the point that the movie takes place.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

Jumping back on topic here:

I'd like to see the return of Susan actually. Carole Ann Ford would be up for it and also, the Doctor could meet up with her at any point in her personal history and her aging wouldn't have to be a big continuity point.

The First Doctor did say "One day I shall be back, yes I shall come back." I'd say after 40 years, it's time he did! :rolleyes:

Making a return in Dr Who 2006.

1. Sarah Jane Smith

2. The Cybermen

Rose's boyfriend is also gets more screen time in the second series.

We realy need the Master to return as well as he was the doctor's arch nemasis

• 2 weeks later...

The Master - How can you have Doctor Who with out his Archenemy turning up once in a while!!!!

President Romana as played by lalla Ward

The Time Lords

The 8th Doctor - not going to happen, but I would like to see him working alongside David Tennant And Christopher Eccelston

Monsters - The Ice Warriors.