Favourite Trek Doctor

bbbb

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bones was good but fairly one dimensional, crusher sexy but a little bland, Bashir had less charisma than a male hairdresser. The EMH and Phloxx are right up there at top spot for me, but Phloxx edges it because John Billingsley is just phenomenal. The EMH was a great character in a bad show, and by definition didn't have the chance to 'carry it'. Just because the other doctors have had longer runs doesn't make them better characters...although i did like the voyager ep where the EMH is lost in a maze of different universes or something, what was that one called?

---------------------------

RIP Jimmy Doohan, thanks for another fantastic character!

---------------------------

'We can't save humanity without holding on to what makes us human.'

Jonathan Archer

Anyone remember a really minor character, Dr. Selar?

Rings a bell....who was he/she

Suzie Plakson played the character. The only actress to appear as 4 different aliens in 3 different "Star Trek" series: Vulcan `Lt. Selar' and Klingon `K'Ehleyr' on "Star Trek: The Next Generation" (1987), the female 'Q' on "Star Trek: Voyager" (1995) and `Tarah', the first female Andorian on "Enterprise" (2001).

OK, granted, "The Doctor" from Voyager had a few great episodes that were devoted to him. Examples include "Tinker, Tenor, Doctor Spy" and "Message in a Bottle". However, I still feel that Phlox is my guy. He may not have had many episodes solely devoted to him, but he's a charming and fun guy. (I believe "A Night in Sickbay" and "Dear Doctor" were the only ENT eps. specifically devoted to him.) I would feel more at ease being treated by Phlox than any of the others.

This is not to say Enterprise is my favorite series, for that is and always will be TNG. Still, Beverly Crusher never rubbed me the right way.

It is a tough call between some of the memorable classic lines / scenes involving "Bones" and some of the recent funny and thought provoking times that "The Doctor" gave us.

It is polls like this that make me wish for a weighted polling system.

Something like rate the doctors from 1 (worst) to 5 (best) with each vote giving the corresponding number of points to the candidate. That way we get to know who is most popular and who is least popular with slightly more accuracy. I wouldn't feel bad voting for The Doctor if I could give McCoy a second place vote or vice versa.

Then again maybe the whole system would only help those like me who are having trouble making a decision.

Would anybody have voted Pulaski if she were on the poll?

I guess I should have put Pulaski on the poll. Anyway I felt she was too aggressive for a doctor, too crusty, too hostile.

personally I think it's Bashir, really he got a lot of clever stories on ds9 and he got a lot of air time. Which helped him, you only see Crusher if there's really a medical emergency, ds9 focused on the docter in some respects

I guess I should have put Pulaski on the poll. Anyway I felt she was too aggressive for a doctor, too crusty, too hostile.

I agree - she wasn't the best at making her patients feel comfortable

• 1 month later...