Your favorite sci-fi empire

bbbb

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My choide is not in there either. I choose the bene gesserit empire that existed after the fall of lehto , during the 5th and 6th books.

Although are we using the work empire properly?? i have no idea, i don't think i know the proper meaning of it :P what makes an empire an empire??? do you need an emperor to have an empire?

Dominion...simple as that

why? well the borg only wanted to do the same thing and hardly changed there tactics....klingons..nawww future rambo wannabees and dont think to out smart there opponents...romulans..not bad but to sneeky for there own good....Krenim Imperium....only see them in 2 eps.

Dominon are sneeky ickle feckers....good at dipolmacy...starting kick ass wars...good at cloak and dagger stuff and damn right devious.....and oh yeah i am bias as i love DS9 hehe

founders i think he means

no no no. The Foundation is a restored galactic empire as described in a series of stories by Isaac Asimov. Some sci-fi is found in books you know. ;) If you haven't read it, pick up immediately. Its one of the best sci-fi stories ever told.

If size matters, perhaps the old "Commonwealth" from Andromeda takes the cake. 3 galaxies worth of planets. (When a single galaxy isn't big enough, writers are getting a bit carried away in my opinion. Stargate is starting to suffer from this)

What can beat an empire supported by psycho-history?

Mules and robots apparently. ;)

HAHHHAHAHAHAHAHA

the second foundation can beat mules though!!!!!! i don't know about robots, no robots in the 3 books i read(first 3)

haha :)

I haven't read all foundation books so I don't know about any robots.

But no other empire has the advantage of psycho-history, so I would still vote for foundation.

the Bene Gesserit has the Kwisatz Haderach though!!!! and the Kwisatz Haderach's prescience is way better then psycho-history.

i don't know about robots, no robots in the 3 books i read(first 3)

Personally I don't think you're missing that much. Asimov started trying to combine all his different storylines into one comprehensive universe, thus merging his various robot novels (Caves of Steel, etc) with his empire and foundation stories. In my opinion the stories suffered as a result.

hmmm. . Asimov? Roddenberry ? Asimov? Roddenberry ?Asimov? Roddenberry ?Asimov? Roddenberry ?Asimov? Roddenberry ?Asimov? Roddenberry ?Asimov? Roddenberry ?Asimov? Roddenberry ?Asimov? Roddenberry ?

.... ok then .

I spose i'd say the Q Continuum...

... if it were classed as an empire.