Your favorite sci-fi empire

bbbb

'The Glorious Commonwealth.

More than 3000 years ago, aliens from a planet called Tarn Vedra in the Andromeda galaxy invented a way to travel across the stars almost instantaneously. They called it Slipstream, and they used it to build a vast commonwealth of planets across six galaxies. When Earth was ready, we were welcomed into it.

It was a vast, diverse group of cultures working together in peace, striving to spread civilization across the Universe. Unfortunately, some factions came to disagree with the Commonwealth's methods.' - www.andromedatv.com

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My choide is not in there either. I choose the bene gesserit empire that existed after the fall of lehto , during the 5th and 6th books.

Although are we using the work empire properly?? i have no idea, i don't think i know the proper meaning of it :P what makes an empire an empire??? do you need an emperor to have an empire?

The answer is no. The Roman Empire was widely considered an empire well before they made Octavian the first emperor. The Klingon Empire went without an emperor for centuries. The Romulan Star Empire doesn't seem to have an emperor either. I don't remember the Cardassians having one either.

The British Empire gets my vote

I'm pleased to see that. There is a topic on this very subject. It's a poll about all the real-world empires throughout history, the West and East Roman Empires all the way to the United States.

Common, the romulan star empire is the best in any series. Their warbirds are soooo powerful. I think that the federation is good but i don't think it would stand another war agiant the romulan empire and its modern technology.

Also...what about the Dominion>>>>they are an empire sorta....