Cooking the Books

Vektram

I saw this on another forum (I've forgotten which now) and thought it was a great idea, so thanks to who thought it up.

Basically, post simple recipes, I dunno, maybe strange ones, whichever really :p

Cola-Bread

Ingredients:

Bread (Not crumbly, those small rolls are good. You want dense bread, but defiantely not crumbly.)

Cola (The fizzier the better)

Method:

1. Pour yourself a glass of cola.

2. Rip off a chunk of bread.

3. Dip the bread in the cola, not long enough for it to break apart when you touch it, but long enough for the cola to soak in a little.

4. Eat it.

that sounds healthy :P

Fine, fine, a healthy one for those who can't torment thier bodies the way I do :rolleyes:

Ingredients:

Salmon (Fillet, defiantely not cutlet.)

Rice (Preferably a mixture of white rice and wild rice.)

Salt

Method:

1. Fry or BBQ the salmon until it is well cooked all the way through.

2. Cook the rice in boiling water, 2 cups water for every 1 cup rice (I think it's that.)

3. Drain the rice and put it in a bowl.

4. Add the salmon, then using a fork crush it until it is in small pieces, probably about 1cm cubed in size.

5. Mix the salmon into the rice, then add much salt.

Of course, you can leave out the salt if you're worried about blood pressure, but I'm way to addicted to leave it out.

;)

Not really COOKING' date=' per say, but heres an old family drink recepe.

Ah yes... I've browsed your site extensively, and I found that most intriguing. :p

Hmmmm.... Yes, intriguing is the word I would chose too. I love the diplomatic way in which you describe an old 'friend' of ours!!!! :p