Has anyone ever heard about "STar Trek: The Experience"?

hansonfan

yea, and the bar is called Quarks, he has every drink served in the ST series. My dad got Romulan Ale, it wat just vodka w/ blue die, but it got the job done ;)

They have a huge gift shop section. And they have a museum of props. that was used in the ST series. IT IS SOOOO FRIGGIN COOL!!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

It was excellent in Hyde Park (London) a couple of years back when I went.

Half of the exhibition over here were props from the (then) new film, Nemesis, the other half, as somebody else said, took part on the Enterprise D, with a very accurate-looking Engine Room (including Warp core lighting effects :D), leading into an over-sized Turbo lift (unfortunately they took people dozens at a time) and eventually the bridge. Ahh yes, the bridge... :D.

I've got over 200 photos of the whole event, I could post a couple, or zip the entire lot up (probably only around 150-200mb of JPEGs)

btw, first post ^^

It was excellent in Hyde Park (London) a couple of years back when I went.

Half of the exhibition over here were props from the (then) new film, Nemesis, the other half, as somebody else said, took part on the Enterprise D, with a very accurate-looking Engine Room (including Warp core lighting effects :D), leading into an over-sized Turbo lift (unfortunately they took people dozens at a time) and eventually the bridge. Ahh yes, the bridge... :D.

I've got over 200 photos of the whole event, I could post a couple, or zip the entire lot up (probably only around 150-200mb of JPEGs)

btw, first post ^^

well if you could just post a couple to let us seem what it was like that would be great!!!

I remember the good old days when Trek was big and Star Wars was getting bigger, no really. 2001 was a great year for Trek. The end of Voyager was a big hit and the begining of Enterprise was a big success. Then it just died down as ENT failed to make good enough episodes that attracted a large audience like TNG. Yikes did Trek ever die down after 2001. All people in the US wanted to see from then on was Reality TV and violent shows like 24 and CSI. ENT was good in general because it offered something new to Trek fans but in the end became just another Trek series, granted one with a fresh approach to Trek. I found it to be far better than DS9 or VOY because they actually did things and weren't cut off from the universe like Voyager was. I pray for the day when Trek hits back and wins big like it used to. I think Star Trek First Contact was the peak for Star Trek and the end of Enterprise was its low.

May Trek return with brilliant stories and a fresh face.

I was sooooooooo annoyed that I didn't get to go to Star Trek: The Adventure at Hyde Park. I'd moved to France the summer before, and my dad was being all dad-like and not letting us fly over to London for a day of two. It would have been great to go there.

But I do seem to remeber going to Star Trek: Federation Science, which was also very cool, at the Science Museum. There wasn't as much stuff there, and some of it wasn't working, but some of the highlights was a Galaxy Class starship viewscreen, a 'subspace transmitter' which was a two way video screen (even in 2000, something like that was pretty inheard of), a voice recognition system, and a trasporter room, which was pretty much a room siszed version of the eye toy - but it seemed pretty advanced for it's time.

But the Adventure had so much more that I didn't see, like a model of the Scorpian fighter from Nemesis, and a replica of the NX armory. How I would have loved to go...

*sniff*

• 1 month later...
There is a small documentary (15 minutes) about Star Trek, The Experience in general too.

I finally got my hands on this, let me know if anyone wants it ;)

It's supposed to be a Voyager extra also, but it's not part of the torrent.

OMG - That was so cool - I deffinetly want to go and see that now!!!

I mean it looks so realistic and they did a really good job with that - They have weddings on the Enterprise! - they have cool rides and that thing that takes your round the Enterprise! They have all that cool food!

Looks really cool!!! :)

The movie Free Enterprise 2 wants to film there as the finale of the movie with Shatner and Nimoy too. The first one was great, like a Clerks for Star Trek fans.

And about the Experience, it's pretty fun. Well, if you ever wanted to get transported or get into a fire fight with Klingons, that is. ;) Or see how it could feel to be assimilated. Or watch Voyager fly into a Borg cube and watch Janeway assrape the Borg. Of course, I can't really say "assrape" when I'm selling the tickets. O.o

Plus we have a backstage tour if you want to really know how you were transported and play on the bridge. :D

Romulan Ale is beer, not blue vodka. =p It's a dark thick beer, too. Want to freak your friends out? It goes in blue, it comes out blue. ;)

I have been to Star Trek Experience Twice. The first time it was with the crew of Star Trek the next Generation and a temporal trip. The second was the borg experience I saw this summer. Both were excellent and when you buy a ticket it is an unlimited visits for that day. Quark's restaurant is actually quite fun too.

The movie Free Enterprise 2 wants to film there as the finale of the movie with Shatner and Nimoy too. The first one was great, like a Clerks for Star Trek fans.

And about the Experience, it's pretty fun. Well, if you ever wanted to get transported or get into a fire fight with Klingons, that is. ;) Or see how it could feel to be assimilated. Or watch Voyager fly into a Borg cube and watch Janeway assrape the Borg. Of course, I can't really say "assrape" when I'm selling the tickets. O.o

Plus we have a backstage tour if you want to really know how you were transported and play on the bridge. :D

Romulan Ale is beer, not blue vodka. =p It's a dark thick beer, too. Want to freak your friends out? It goes in blue, it comes out blue. ;)

Do you work there or somthing?..... :)

I've been to the Hilton and seen both the original Experience attraction (now called "Klingon Encounter") and Borg Invasion 4D...

I loved them both for different reasons. Klingon Encounter rocks just for the "you're on the Enterprise" experience. Borg Invasion was more elaborate though, with Borg snatching away the tour guide at one point! The attraction culminates with the group being loaded into a large shuttle (theater) and given a motion ride. If you've ever been to Disney World its similar to their Philharmagic or Muppet Show 3D shows, but very Star Trek.

Thumbs up to both. They also have a museum area leading into the rides that has props from all the shows/movies.