New Series?

Wazer

Thanks for explaining that Chief.

I think I finally understand why I preferred the Shadows and Vorlons and the Scarrans than most of the races in ST. I could never figure it out myself.

I guess problem with ST is that each writer wants to make a mark on the ST univberse... each director wants to do something new... in the end the franchise ends up being the loser.

The FERENGIS... I knew they were more threatening... I remember that from TNG but after DS-9 n VOY I thought it was my imagination... since I can't remember TNG very well.

The BORGs were a unique race in ST universe... though 1 identifiable trait... it made them a very interesting race... that is ofcourse uptil VOYAGER came along.

If they have no choice but to put characters with only 1 identifiable trait... they shudn't try to create a sympathetic villain like the way the chagneling started off.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers for the welcome bap ma man, and yeah it took me 2 hours and 4 joints to get through that post lmfao, was originally just gonna be a quick hello, but typical ST, once u start you just get caught up in it all and have to make sure you cover all bases etc incase one of the convention brigade takes offense lol :p, but yeah i totally agree KIRK is, always has been and always will be THE MAN, THE LEGEND no-one but Shatner can fill those boots (or those hideous sex offender style pyjama's he had to wear, lol), but i just thought to open it up to a new generation of fans etc it may be an idea, obviously the convention brigade and true trek fans would be disgusted or at the least apprehensive, i admit i was with the new BSG, i mean Faceman from A-Team is Starbuck but now they have a woman, hmm i thought, but what a woman :P she's grew on me, and yeah for its day the technology/special effects were astounding but it would be virtually impossible and look hideously out of place if they tried the george lucas style of re-editing with ToS a complete remake would be the only way, another idea i thought of was the Red Squadron style idea, could start the first few seasons in Starfleet Academy new recruits, meeting up getting put into squads etc, getting to know each other and for us to get to know them, seasons 3/4 x amount of them get picked for Red Squadron and the decent training and character development could begin, Seasons 5/6 basic missions, recon, combat sims and so on, Season 7+ they get their own ship and we get to follow the adventure from there, i think that taking a squad of raw young recruits with the most potential in their particular field of expertise and letting us see the developement from raw, inexperienced cadets to a crew functioning and learning together to having their own ship, and maybe even being lined up as the next Enterprise crew eventually could be the answer, us old heads get our ST fix with a bit of summat different, new peeps get to start from scratch and learn about the races, technology and history, that we all know about, from the beginning like the recruits would be doing.

I guess ur right about the RE-EDITING. But I still think it can be pulled off if done right. Think DS-9 'Trials and Tribble-lations' and Enterprise 'In The Mirror Darkly'

They showed the classic ships as CG... n specially Trials and Tribble... the effects didn't look out of place.

They could do something like that. Just make the new effects look sharper and clearer but same style.

Oh and the idea of cadets growing up to be officers through 7 seasons doesn't really sound appealing you know. Specially to new comers.

I don't think a re-manke... re-imagine or a prequel is gonna save ST.

People wanna see the aftermath of VOYAGER... DOMINION WAR.

Plus... if they really do wanna redo the entire thing.

They should make it a high budget animation with quality like 'Macross Zero' 'Yukikaze' 'Sky Blue'

A lot of new comers will come. Way less budget and they can show of a lot of cool stuff they cudn't show on a series.

Cool, I must admit I haven't watched all of Voyager, I caught as many episodes as i could when it was on Sky One on a Sunday, so I can't comment on the aftermath yet.

For me personally, Dominion Wars and carrying on from TnG is the preferred options.

I h8 Manga or anime,except of course the one that is legend, Akira, and haven't saw TaS or read any of the books, so again my input there is limited, but first thoughts, euuuugh...

The cadets idea could be done in 2-4 seasons of "coming of age" stuff with a further 3 seasons or so as the real action stuff, i was mainly meaning that if a new enterprise crew was going to appear, it may be more appealing if we could see them being trained up/manufactured to be the elite crew we expect on enterprise rather than jump right in (possibly Riker in temp control while they train or even Riker himself training them), but yeah bud if not done properly it could become very tedious very quickly.

Lo Shima and soz bro, generally i aint a forum buff, so my posts tend to be big and poorly punctuated lol, but i totally agree bud, and i'll try to keep it in mind for future postage ma man :P

I wasn't talking about Anime... I was just using them as an example.

Like the Matrix animation... and the Star Wars animations showed a lot of cool things they cudn't show in the movie.

like the space battles in the animations cud be pulled off way cooler and epic.

then... the hand to hand and phasers fights in ST are really... REALLY bad.

They could tune that up.

See the main prob is... the ST universe has pretty much ran itself to the ground. Far be it for people who hasn't seen it... even the old fans won't really be interested in another space exploration series... or even the ones who'd be interested wud be sceptical.

Making it animation would let cut out all the fats like the irrelevant fillers and stupid episodes regarding some accidental anomaly... phenomena... distortion is space n time that leads to a very uninteresting problem that'll take up 40 mins.

With the animation you can finally do fillers but at the same very tightly nit main plot like COWBOY BEBOP... X-MEN EVOLUTION.

And pull of some great space and unit fights... like Vandreads... Robotech.

And in the animation they cud pull off the new recruit thing... Naruto style.

Which they won't be be able to pull off in a live-action series... simply 'cause actors who are good at fighting can't act... and the ones who can act can't do exciting actions.

plus... an Animation would be a change of pace to bring in new fans.

Relax the franchise a lil so when it comes out with a live-action again ppl would be eager.

See the main prob is... the ST universe has pretty much ran itself to the ground. Far be it for people who hasn't seen it... even the old fans won't really be interested in another space exploration series... or even the ones who'd be interested wud be sceptical.

The problem is that most of the fans all have something like: seen it all, done it all...

That was basically why the prequel idea wasn't all that bad, everything was new, there could be done some real exploring again...

It didn't turn out 100%, but all in all it wasn't such a bad series imo... Every series has it's flaws, you see.

Probably when a new series comes out, there will be some scepticism on my part, but probably after the first few eps I'll be hooked... :)

Depends... Enterprise kept me hooked for 1st few eps... later it became tedious.

Still I kept going... by middle of season 2 I just cudn't take it anymore and quit watching.

Still I tried to occasionally catch it but it just got worse n worse.

Now its in such a stage tht I KNOW Season 4 some of the best ST but I just don't care and cant be bothered.

I don't wanna see an epic story about an unknown enemy who wants to kick a$$ n take over the galaxy... or some new ship with some new crew with a hero captain doing stuff already been done 4 times over and getting caught up in the same but slightly different zany adventure.

To be honest I REALLY dont know wht I want to see.

Andromeda style would rock but won't work for ST... neither would BSG style... or Farscape [voyager made sure of that] or SG-1.

wait I totally came up with a new cocept....have a star trek sitcom. Make it about Quark and Rom. What fun and crazy antics would ensue with these guys in a series, Odo could be their landlord, or something. Or maybe make it like the odd couple and have Quark and Odo living together.

Of course I'm just kidding and in obvious need of sleep. goodnight.

Next week on ABC, catch an episode of the all new Star Trek sitcom!

Bar owner Quark has setup a bar in the newly discovered Theta Quadrant and has been joined by his KRAZY new friend, Neelix! Watch out for those deadly soul swallowing hell beasts boys!

It'll be a roller coaster ride of fun, thrills and laughter - and expect a few old friends to drop in! Including everyone's favourite Ensign Katherine Janeway - court marshalled after violating the prime directive 512 times.

9pm EST/ 8pm Central/

I heard Shatner wants to get back in the driving seat.......so let him. Why not send him down to weight watchers and let him have a few episodes to fill in the gaps in between some of the films.......and get that Nimoy bloke as well, stop him from advertising crap PC's.

Steve.

NOOOOOOOOOOO !!! Nimoy adding PCs !!! ???

NOOOOOOOOOOO.... is there no justice anymore !!!???

What has happened to our fair and beautiful world. I'll tell u what happened... They made more fast food joints.

ok on serious note

They should have an official site where they can post topics like what era do you want the new series to be and see what the fans vote.

I mean that's how you'd know what people would want to watch.

and if that's too much problem hire someone to just go over sci fi boards like these and see what they want.

Bryan Singer [X-men director]... and Thomas Jane [Punisher actor] did that.

Bryan Singer went as some guy in superherohype.com and asked wht would be good for X2... fans said God love man kills... and that's wht he inspired the story from.

Thomas Jane went and asked what wud be the good issues to read to get to know the character... fans told him.

Sadly, the bigshots don't belive in those... they think they know better... then they have a million dollar flop.

The Simpsons has been running 16 years and to be honest, it's been flagging since 10 and the last few years have just been plain awful. It can pull in the ratings but it's just not particularly funny anymore - hell, Fox are just scared that it's the ravens to their tower of london.

I'd agree that it needs new blood but I hardly think that a few years for them to come up with a good idea and actually make something worth watching is in the best interests of everyone.

Ok this was something i had to look up because i remember the simpsons lil before i was in 1st grade. What would have been about 16 years ago.

"America was first introduced to the Simpson family on April 19, 1987, with a short entitled Good Night. It involved Homer and Marge sending their worried kids to bed with good intentions which don't necessarily do the trick. "

It seems that they had 48 eps on the The Tracey Ullman Show.

I guess that most people would have said 16 years because thats what number the holloween eps are at.

the info can be found

http://www.snpp.com/guides/lisa.html

Why are we talknig about Simpsons !? So its older than 16 years but not as Simpson show. Fine... done.

Something else.

BTW

Do Starlfeet have cops like guys !?... Galactic Patrol... kinda like highway patrol.

BAD LIFEFORMS BAD LIFEFORMS... wacha gonna do... wacha gonna do when Starfleet comes for you.

A detective show based on the Galactic Patrol... main villain would be the Orion syndicates.