New Series?

Wazer

I think' date=' for the time being, Star Trek needs to rest.[/quote']

"Rest" had nothing to do with it. New management at Paramount isn't into Star Trek. They stopped being interested when it cost them money & became (negatively) controversial.

.......Doubtful Berrmann's flop movie will ever leave the prep room. (Which in this case, is actually a good thing.)

:stare:

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think in the end the next star trek should not be on UPN. I lived in New York where UPN was ch 9. When i moved to NC UPN shared ch 10 for about 6 hours we have upn.

I did not get to see all of voyager because of that. Right now Entprise is on my local fox on weekend afternoons and latenight. Whats that about. but anyways it would help if Star trek was on a more stable ch don't you think.

I think in the end the next star trek should not be on UPN. I lived in New York where UPN was ch 9. When i moved to NC UPN shared ch 10 for about 6 hours we have upn.

I did not get to see all of voyager because of that. Right now Entprise is on my local fox on weekend afternoons and latenight. Whats that about. but anyways it would help if Star trek was on a more stable ch don't you think.

Yeah - in the UK - if you don't have Satilite TV - you could only really watch Enterprise on a Sunday afternoon and the times kept changing.

I get the feeling that there won't be anymore Star Trek shows for a while. The enthusiasm for Enterprise was lukewarm at best, and four seasons is the crappiest result for a Star Trek show ever.

However, if I got to choose, I'd have to say that it would be nice if they could pick it up after DS9/Voyager ended. They could come up with a nice new concept and go with the flow.

I have also thought about something else. How about a Star Trek show that doesn't concentrate on starfleet? It would be awesome if the main characters could be the crew on a smuggler ship. Or maybe some lowly thugs in the Orion Syndicate or something. The star trek universe is a great setting and sometimes I think it's a shame that they always concentrate on starfleet.

We're running a similar thing on Sci Fi Brain, the IGN sci fi branch website that I write for (I do reviews for Threshold, amongst others). We're envisioning a new Star Trek series from concept to even a working pilot script in a segment called Brain Trek.

It's a small community thus far, but it's growing. You should all check it out. http://scifibrain.ign.com.

plug>

I got 2...

Season 3...

Kirk's Era... The Empire is at its Prime... though the new Emperor is not very happy with how things are going. It's Spock. A lot of the people are not faithful to him 'cause he's half Vulcun. He read the logs of the Defiant and wonders if federation is the better idea. Introduce the Eugenics as the special soldiers for the empire and Dr. Khan as Spock's main man. There are lot of political unrest and basically this season would follow the Empire political problems. Basically the stuff that happens when a civilization is at its peak.

The mid season finale is the episode when Kirk comes there with an accidental transporter.

After that Spock decides to listen to Kirk and disban the Empire to form the Federation but slowly. The Klingons get word of that and they and the Romulans join forces as they plan to destroy the empire.

Well... what do you all think !?

may be we'll find out why the klingons look like they doo??? :)

my bad if its common knowledge there... :(

any-who tell us??? B)

The Simpsons has been running 16 years and to be honest, it's been flagging since 10 and the last few years have just been plain awful. It can pull in the ratings but it's just not particularly funny anymore - hell, Fox are just scared that it's the ravens to their tower of london.

I'd agree that it needs new blood but I hardly think that a few years for them to come up with a good idea and actually make something worth watching is in the best interests of everyone.

If ur like me and didn't know why Klingon's didnt have ridges check out

Star Trek Klingon Ridges

And it is from ST .Com so i guess they don't even know yet.... :p

dude!! i checked it out!! sweet i think the agent thory is the best (which i kinda thought of in my mind...)... however the q theory is quiet good since literally everyone prob thought to the agent theory.... B)

Personally I think ST survived this long... it'll survive even more.

The only question is... HOW will it survive... 'cause one thing is for certain, ST is losing its appeal to the new GENERATION... if it stays in rest for a decade... then I doubt it'll return to the screen as something that's ACTUALLY ST but more like something BASED on the universe of ST.