Love the mroe current star trek uniforms..

dva2082

You realize the REAL uniforms are custom made and tailored to the actors body by the studio fashion dept. and cost $1,000's.

But if you want to get the kind that everyone wears to ST conventions, just look in some scifi magazines related to star trek. They cost about $20-$50.

frankbeecostume_1863_3579027

Doesn't fit too well eh, eh??

Are they comfortable?

The worst ones were in the first season of TNG which were made in one peice from a strech fabric. Apparently they scraped them after the actors complained that they felt like they were pulling down on the shoulders too much. They also weren't that popular with the actor as they were pretty revealing.

Are they comfortable?

The worst ones were in the first season of TNG which were made in one peice from a strech fabric. Apparently they scraped them after the actors complained that they felt like they were pulling down on the shoulders too much. They also weren't that popular with the actor as they were pretty revealing.

Those uniforms were replaced because the sheer tightness was causing problems with the actors bones, real medical reasons behind the change, as well as the obvious comfort advantage of the later woolen blend uniforms.

I liked the early TNG uniforms because you could really see character from the characters. I know that sounds wierd but Riker certainly looked taller, bolder and younger with the first TNG uniforms than the season three+ uniform, which was by far the most versatile uniform. My favorite Trek uniform is the TMP uniform introduced in STII. In general I liked the men's Starfleet uniform in TOS because it was a simple long-sleeved T-Shirt-like uniform that was simple yet effective. It was informal yet effective at portraying the crew of the Enterprise as a pseudo military unit.

Are they comfortable?

They're made of cotton, unlike the ones on the show. All I remember is, that leather/suede jacket that picard wore in one episode with that alien captain darmok where they were stuck on the planet together, fighting that invisible creature, cost $5,000! The producers or whatever were mad at him because he threw it on the ground or something in one scene.

Are they comfortable?

Worf said " star fleet uniforms are made to be comfortable in even the most stressing times" lol, ;)

I think we can safely assume that the uniforms in the show are not supposed to be made of the same fabrics as the real-life ones the actors wear. They're probably made of some space-age poly-blend, or some material from another planet, or something.

I think we can safely assume that the uniforms in the show are not supposed to be made of the same fabrics as the real-life ones the actors wear. They're probably made of some space-age poly-blend' date=' or some material from another planet, or something.[/quote']

As early as the Enterprise-era of Trek, uniforms were made out of recycled poop. Commander Tucker told me so.

Well i don´t think there is a way to get your hands on official uniforms that do not look like shit...

So here´s my suggestion (only if you are male and not gay):

Get a girlfriend who is into tailoring, cloth-design or something and make her design a nice "unofficial" one. This way you might have the possibility to create it the way you think the SF-uniform should have looked in the first place ;)

aand perhaps you make some money with it... because there are definitely others who are willing to pay a good price :D

Well i don´t think there is a way to get your hands on official uniforms that do not look like ####...

So here´s my suggestion (only if you are male and not gay):

Get a girlfriend who is into tailoring, cloth-design or something and make her design a nice "unofficial" one. This way you might have the possibility to create it the way you think the SF-uniform should have looked in the first place ;)

aand perhaps you make some money with it... because there are definitely others who are willing to pay a good price :D

Why a girlfriend? Could also be a boyfriend, or you could make one yourself. :p

I love the later DS9 uniforms, but would never buy one, that would be going to far :p however, I would buy a commbadge.

I'm pretty sure there are no romulan uniforms for sale in any of the trek magazines. I can't rem if I even saw one for klingons, just the face makeup and teeth heh. They're just not popular. Most of the ones you see are made by 500LB+ people who have LESS than nothing to look forward to in their lives when they get back home lol.

You should just ask the ST wardrobe dept what kind of fabric they use. I'm sure they can send you the dimensions for making the uniforms too.

Ya, I mean the ones who wear the klingon uniforms hehe. Kligons are supposed to be big, not a portly sideshow elephant.

I meant you can ask them what fabric they use so you can make it authentic. Looks like they use some kind of foil or shiny nylon stuff for the romulan uniforms.